Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!

Go down 
+24
king_jason2
robe983
Dalton Big D
Chicago Seven
mp
more cowbell
apathy718
Geordaigs
silence
Larry_A
bahdbwoy
beotos
jordanl95
jordantrav
mr down bad
Militant X 1
mdolla
xHHx_JayNizz
mgcomedy
GunfusedX
Titan
wangtangkiki
wandeezy623
sgibs
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 am

after reveiwing tape- looks like he was using double wide.

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Larry_A

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:53 am

sgibs wrote:
after reveiwing tape- looks like he was using double wide.

Whats so good about double wide it didnt look like he was running no assignment blitzes maybe you can elaborate on this a bit since you were actually playing and we were just watching.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:10 am

theres no way to really know

but he was pass rushing 2-3 guys and they would come through the A gap and the oline would ignore them

then other times looks like there was a straight blitz he called trying to mimic the same thing.

double wide is similar to the qb spy- easy to setup and you get easy pressure with great coverage as you donth ave to send very many at the QB
Back to top Go down
silence

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Yea I noticed that too when I looked at the video again. He brought it from the left side then drop the dt and de on the opposite side back in coverage.

Great game though. Next game make sure both ppl understand no using double wide.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm

ya it is what is it. if thats his game thats his game

still a great guy and very humble so gotta appreciate that.

i played well just couldnt overcome the double wide lol

thanks for tuning in silence! you rock!
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:34 pm

yeah he did a nice job of disguising his double wide set ups.
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Was it much of a disguise though....after looking again to see what everyone was on about...looked very similar to the 46 playbook and just flip play from double wide nickel strong to me....not much disguise.....but heyho i could be way off
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 pm

if you didn't notice it the first time around, then he did a good job disguising it lol.

most people line up the no assignment guy in the A gap but ken left him a couple of yards off the line so it wouldn't alarm gibs, or tip that he could be blitzing
Back to top Go down
apathy718

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:43 pm

haha what up gibs. I appreciate referencing me in the first few mts of the vid. I was hoping there wouldn't be any "difficult to watch" references, but sadly this whole game was a difficult to watch marathon.

btw, the best part of the game was at the 6:00 mark when gibs wetn for it on 4th and 2. He goes for the toss, gets stopped and all you hear is an excruciating, barely audible FACk from gibs who is sitting in the other room. I was dying. Hilarious stuff.

Farls has some great commentary too. Great application of "thats what she said" after the gap comment, E. Vince would be proud.

Great video guys. Rematch is a must.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm

thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:26 pm

True Jay hindsight and second looks does prove your point but in seeing it for the second time....the only disguise i personally noticed was the flip, show blitz and align nothing particularly abstract...basic setup from the formation play
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm

what will happen when the unassignment blitz gets patched? lol
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:09 pm

1. Is anyone else having problems fast forwarding and rewinding the vid?
2. Is it possible to have a bonus TWIM where you guys break down the game, reads you should have made, opponents O/D and counters?
3. Gibs with Ken running so much man how come you didn't audible down and use the "Farlz special" Drive play from strong twin TE?
4. Farlz during commentary could you comment on situations and the plays being run during each play depending on down and distance?
5. Evil Ken has crazy stick skills, that punt return was bananas!!!!
6. Props to ZAN for the call in, that one route almost makes me want to switch back to NE. Is there anything like that in Zona?

Great show as always, I'm really impressed how the 2 of you have gotten better in front of the camera each week.
Back to top Go down
Chicago Seven

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:42 pm

more cowbell wrote:
what will happen when the unassignment blitz gets patched? lol

don't think the "na" blitz is getting patched.

next patch is all about adding patches to the Vikings uniforms and other "essentials" LOL.

and that's scheduled for November.

unlikely there will be another patch for Madden 11.

we'll be living with this until next year ...

Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:01 am

it sucks tho yeah they came out and annouced that they would patch the spy, and that took over a month anyway
Back to top Go down
robe983

robe983

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:10 pm

He wasn't using double wide. Dime - 2 Man Under I belive and I'm pretty sure he was only sending heat through the B gaps. Didn't see much A gap heat.
Back to top Go down
robe983

robe983

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:14 pm

plus... he was blitzing the SS or FS depending on which formation you came out it. I'm pretty sure Double Wide only blitzes nickel backs when you show blitz, not Safeties. Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
king_jason2

king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 pm

@MP there are PLENTY of routes like that one zan showed out of NE in the zona book, if you bought the guide the plays and routes are mentioned, i'll leave it at that. if you are looking for some great unbumps with a nice running counter part i would highly reccomend PITT O wang has his preview out but after getting a lil deeper in the book i have found A LOT of unbumps from this book that are easily made to look like you are going to run the ball. thats what i likes about ZAN's te flip, you get the opp so crazy to stop that quick hitting fb dive that they start bringing people in the box and trying to stop the fb, and boom it opens up the hb in the flats and that unbump with a fast wr is deadly. gotta love the cat and mouse stuff GREAT stuff ZAN look forward to a lil more this week!. i would love to get back to using NE book as im a hardcore pats fan and i love to pass, hoping you can show me how versitle this book can be. and WANG PITT is my official book now lol thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
Larry_A

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Nah Double wide blitzes Line backers and he def did have some heat where there were minimal rushers. While the line completely ignored a guy coming through the middle.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:41 pm

ya he had backers coming through.

check out my first series and check the pressure from teh first 3rd down. You will see his MLB loop around compltely through my offensive line.

It is what it is.

Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:57 pm

sgibs wrote:
ya it is what is it. if thats his game thats his game

still a great guy and very humble so gotta appreciate that.

i played well just couldnt overcome the double wide lol

thanks for tuning in silence! you rock!

I'm going to be honest here. I don't think this is why you lost.. Of course it contributed, but you gotta slow down. I think you were too impatient. Running hurry-up all game really hurts your players.. Sometimes you won't even have your best player out there.. I think you relied too much on the Snugs play where you motion. I know you have a lot better stuff.. You did run, but I would have ran more because his offense is so powerful.. it's like you want to treat him like Peyton Manning.. The more he's off the field, the better.. Also, when you do hurry-up, it also makes your players more prone to fumbles so running after doing a hurry-up play isn't the best idea.. I would come out running.. just my advice Razz
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Looking back at the matchup the main issue was going against flip trips the 46 bear Cover 3 would have been a GREAT matchup against it. Unfortunaly i used the 44.

I also think you are correct about me running the ball. I siad that right after the game..."should have ran the ball more"

I like hurry up as i like to dictate the pace of the game and it helps me stay in a nice flow
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:37 am

it was dime normal 2 man under, i agree with Robe. If you go in practice and pick dime normal 2 man under and show blitz they guys line up the exact same way they did for Ken. Spy the LDT and dop the LDE in a zone and blitz the FSin the left b gap and he will get through without slide protect.
Back to top Go down
AHHHpartyGoblin

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:29 pm

is there still a link???
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:32 pm

AHHparty,

http://www.maddenbible.com/2010/10/this-week-in-madden-twim-live-tonight-at-830/

here you go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!   Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sgibs vs Evil Ken TWIM Game of the Week 8:30 PM EST!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next