Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!

Go down 
+3
xHHx_megatron
jordantrav
wangtangkiki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! Empty
PostSubject: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Run Blocking!

Pass Blocking?

You may notice my test was in Play Now. My reasoning is because when you go into practice mode and you try run plays on All-Madden, the DL swim moves off of almost every offensive lineman.. Gibs knows what I'm talking about.. Try to play vs. the Colts line in practice mode.. I have a feeling that practice mode is like the programmer's test tube.. In a real game, you won't have a DE coming off on every play.. in Practice Mode, you'll have the entire DL getting off and stopping you for a 4 yd loss..

Basically what I've found is that Run Block Strength mattered the most with the OL blocking.

By the way, my view on the OL has been that they are "useless." They work.. but I wouldn't draft an OL over speed players in an online franchise.. I also wouldn't pick a team just because of an incredible OL.. Run Block Strength matters, but I couldn't really find anything for pass blocking.. I couldn't tell a difference, Could you?
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Nice videos wang..I didn't notice much for pass blocking either in the videos.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 am

i think run footwork might be for lineman that are pulling...idk really

but someone asked me if they should choose a lineman based on footwork or strenght and I told them strenght.. it makes sense for a dlineman to instantly get off a block from lineman with no strength
Back to top Go down
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:33 am

I think the RE kept spinning through may have been because of weight, height? maybe make them all the same stats.. age as well? Great find tho.
Back to top Go down
Chimpy_Nuts

Chimpy_Nuts

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 am

I have heard that pass blocking doesn't even matter. Its all about run blocking.

You could try putting the A linemen with 99 Pass Block Strength & Footwork and see how they run block.

Then put the B linemen with 99 Run Block Strength & Footwork and see how they pass block.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Chimpy_Nuts wrote:
I have heard that pass blocking doesn't even matter. Its all about run blocking.

You could try putting the A linemen with 99 Pass Block Strength & Footwork and see how they run block.

Then put the B linemen with 99 Run Block Strength & Footwork and see how they pass block.

I'll try that next.

It's crazy.. 99 RBS = great... The pass blocking could have been better.. I think that footwork could have helped..

Like Run Block Strength was BIG.. but Run/Pass Block Footwork would help a lot.
Back to top Go down
WildcatZ

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:48 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Run Blocking!

Basically what I've found is that Run Block Strength mattered the most with the OL blocking.

By the way, my view on the OL has been that they are "useless." They work.. but I wouldn't draft an OL over speed players in an online franchise.. I also wouldn't pick a team just because of an incredible OL.. Run Block Strength matters, but I couldn't really find anything for pass blocking.. I couldn't tell a difference, Could you?

Very interesting video and observations. I looked at the RBS for offensive linemen in Madden 12 and over 100 of them have an RBS of over 90! So if that is the most important factor for an o lineman, there are too many good o linemen in Madden 12!
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Footwork matters on both. RBS and PBS strength, not so much. The way you test is somewhat weird also. Why would you make all the defensive lineman 75 and below? What team would i ever face that have a front 7 with all 75 strength, 75 shed and everything else? The reason that the OL don't get pushed over because the DL sucks and because you have them at 99 strength. Put them at 75 strength. 75 rbs and 99 rbf and watch you go ham. Don't put them at crazy number because it doesnt matter cause you would never see it. Just face a raw front 7 like GB, WAS, DAL, Pitt, Hou. And edit the Colts or Packers O-line. Impact blocking always matters because that is how fast they find a block and acceleration matters in that aspect because that's the faster they get there. I don't care about strength at all. As long as its over 80. RBS and PBS arent that important either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!   Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved! Empty

Back to top Go down

Offensive Line Ratings.. Almost solved!
Page 1 of 1