Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zboy365

zboy365

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved Empty
PostSubject: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:02 am

Hi, not sure if i should post this here but on the live ustream Sgibs did a few ppl seemed like they were having issues connecting to games with people on their friends list.

I too had the same problem for a long time and even in online leagues I would not be able to accept two or three invites to games because our games would not link up. IF YOU ARE USING A WIRELESS OR WIRED ROUTER THE ISSUE WILL BE IN YOUR DMZ (DE-MILITARIZED ZONE) inside your router. This DMZ is just something that keeps the chinese from hacking into your home network. However it is not allowing your ps3 through to connect to certain players for reasons unknown. This fix is required by BOTH PEOPLE trying to connect but once you set your settings right you will connect to each other with no problem.

1. turn on your PS3 and sign in to the network. Go to SETTINGS>NETWORK SETTINGS> and select the first choice, SETTINGS AND CONNECTION STATUS LIST. Scroll down until you see IP ADDRESS. It should look like this (EX: 192.168.1.101) Write down the whole number as you see it.

2. Log in to your router through your web browser (ex. Internet Explorer, Firefox whatever you use.) To do this, you must know your ROUTERS IP ADDRESS. To find this, go to your windows XP START BUTTON> CLICK ON RUN > TYPE IN THE LETTERS CMD IN THE RUN BOX. A black window will open up. Type the word IPCONFIG in the black prompt window and hit ENTER. For WINDOWS 7 AND VISTA GO TO START> and simply type CMD in the search bar at the bottom of your menu and hit enter. Type IPCONFIG at the command prompt and hit enter.

3. A bunch of IP numbers will show. Scroll back up if needed, you are looking for the string of numbers next to the word DEFAULT GATEWAY. It should look something like (192.168.1.1)

4. Type this number (192.168.1.1 or whatever it maybe) into your web browser just like if you were visiting a website. A window will open asking for Username and Password. If you do not recall creating a password for your router, simply look up your Router company and its Model Number found on the bottom of the router, and google the default password settings that come with the router and attempt to enter it. IF YOU DO NOT REMEMBER CREATING A LOG IN AND CAN NOT GET IN YOU MAY HAVE TO RESET YOUR ROUTER AND SET IT UP ALL OVER AGAIN TO GO FORWARD. Often username is just left blank and the password is admin or literally password but please look up your routers default credentials to cut down on guessing.

5. Once you log in, it will be a good idea to head to your routers website and look it up on their webpages on how to NAVIGATE THROUGH ITS MENUS as each router is a bit different in their layout. Their webpages will help you navigate around while you look for the DMZ settings.

6. There should be menu options to the likings of APPLICATIONS AND GAMING, GAMING, DMZ SETTINGS, look for anything to do with gaming or better yet just consult your routers guide online. You have to get into the DMZ settings, once you find this page on your router you will be ready to go.

7. There will be 2 options on its DMZ page (ENABLE OR DISABLE). If you have never touched your router settings I would be a lot of money that it is set to DISABLE. Click ENABLE and then you will be able to type an IP ADDRESS that you want to allow through the DMZ. Go back to your paper with your PS3's IP ADDRESS and type it in the blank area. CLICK APPLY let it load and confirm it is applied.

- Go back to your PS3 sign out and sign back in and after you and your opponent have done these steps you will connect in your games.

If this seems confusing I am sorry you can ask me questions and Ill try to get you info on your router settings. Please it is a good idea to really know your way around your router and its settings because you never know when you have to go in and change a password to your network or change a setting for some reason. If both you and your opponent allow your PS3's IP ADDRESS in your DMZ you will connect! Please try to remember every router is a little different but each one has DMZ settings and the process is the same just enabling it and entering your PS3's IP address.

Back to top Go down
zboy365

zboy365

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 am

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved 1st11

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved 2nd11

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved 3rd10

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved 4th10
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 am

didnt read but ima + rep u just cuz of the massive amount of info
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
zboy365

zboy365

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:08 am

Oh thanks, didn't kno u could do that, gotta read my bible more
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 pm

So many people have this issue, great post man. The screen shots are money!!
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
zboy365

zboy365

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 pm

hoepfully this issue wont stand in future Madden or football titles. I never experienced this in Madden 10
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 pm

the only game that gives me trouble joinintg players is cod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved   Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved Empty

Back to top Go down

Ps3 Game Won't Connect Problem Solved
Page 1 of 1