Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Field Goal Blocking?

Go down 
+5
StupidDialUp
iswaggnificent
shorticus
cat-burgler
nitka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nitka

nitka

Field Goal Blocking? Empty
PostSubject: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 pm

I need some thoughts on FG Blocking, it has never been brought up till now. Not sure if members were complaining about it because it happened to them or just throwing it out there.

Whats everyones thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
cat-burgler

cat-burgler

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 am

nitka wrote:
I need some thoughts on FG Blocking, it has never been brought up till now. Not sure if members were complaining about it because it happened to them or just throwing it out there.

Whats everyones thoughts?

u can't say it never happens,cause it does....but in this electronic game glitching will probly be involved,and then you'll have somebody who gets mad and then complain and that will start a domino effect and then you'll have to change the rule to no blocking of field goals...so I say ( drum roll ) no blocking of field goals Razz
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:20 am

Unless we find some type of glitch to block FGs cheers , then we shouldn't have a rule in place. As far as I know, FG cheers blocking is all about timing. As the person kicking the FG cheers , you can throw off that timing by holding the "X" button, so there is not a problem (to my knowledge).

Next thing you know, we will outlaw blitzing lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 pm

i havnt seen this online at all
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 pm

I think it's a matter of that feeling of getting bamboozled when someone times the kick block more than there being a need to ban it. I say let them try, get the offsides and ram it down their throat for a 2pnt conversion. It wont happen again after that, guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 pm

If it's perfectly timed, that's not a glitch...that's good timing. I don't have a clue why this debatable!!! Next thing you know we will be discussing running up the score. Our league is as close to perfect as possible. Please guys, let's not change this by bitching about everything in sight. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
cat-burgler

cat-burgler

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 pm

shorticus wrote:
If it's perfectly timed, that's not a glitch...that's good timing. I don't have a clue why this debatable!!! Next thing you know we will be discussing running up the score. Our league is as close to perfect as possible. Please guys, let's not change this by bitching about everything in sight. LOL!!!

I don't think anybody's b...... we are just thinking aloud... inner thoughts being verbalized.... Wink
Back to top Go down
IPIRIEY

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Just keep hitting y button when trying to block fgoal, when the icon wont appear then you know the kick meter started, and its all bout timing then. Im just saying if you have to kick with 100% kick pwr, it can be blocked 100% of the time easily...
Back to top Go down
jamie4321

jamie4321

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm

IPIRIEY wrote:
Just keep hitting y button when trying to block fgoal, when the icon wont appear then you know the kick meter started, and its all bout timing then. Im just saying if you have to kick with 100% kick pwr, it can be blocked 100% of the time easily...
totally not true hold the x button down and it will hold the kick
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:45 am

jamie4321 wrote:
IPIRIEY wrote:

Look at Mr. 7-0 adding input to the forums!! Thats what im talking about Jamie!!
Back to top Go down
jamie4321

jamie4321

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:41 am

nitka wrote:
jamie4321 wrote:
IPIRIEY wrote:

Look at Mr. 7-0 adding input to the forums!! Thats what im talking about Jamie!!
Just playing at a high level right now hope I can keep it up
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:43 am

IPIRIEY wrote:

Wait...what, can you put that is ps3 terms and explain further?
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:45 am

The only way I can tell when someone has started to kick the FG is the play clock stops. That means they started the kick meter. Doesn't help much tho.
Back to top Go down
king_jason2

king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:31 pm

FG blocking is str8 cheddar CHEESE, i think it should not be tolerated in the MRL whatsoever. just my opinion but i know that a lot of league ballers feel this way, help me out WANG.

yes FG blks happen IRL but its pretty glitchy when it comes to madden and once you get your opp's rythmn down you can consistently blk his kicks.

i know how to do it but i will not do it to any of the MRL guys out there,

how crappy would it be if this was a game decider??? so i plead to nitka/rage OUTLAW FG blocking in the MRL!!!
Back to top Go down
http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 pm

@King_Jason so are you saying that it's no random and there is a way to block a kick every single time?
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 pm

question, so when someone pulls up at the 5 yard line in order to play bitchball (which is smart) in order to take the lead on a FG, you just gotta stand there with your finger in your booty without trying to scoot through to at least ATTEMPT to block it (timing or not)? Bleh.
Back to top Go down
stritzo

stritzo

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 pm

King_Jason there is no rythym to kicking FGs cause no one does eveerytime at the exact same time on the clock
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:34 pm

StupidDialUp wrote:
question, so when someone pulls up at the 5 yard line in order to play bitchball (which is smart) in order to take the lead on a FG, you just gotta stand there with your finger in your booty without trying to scoot through to at least ATTEMPT to block it (timing or not)? Bleh.

Exactly!!!

SDU makes a solid point. FGs win games sometimes and in no we shape or form should someone not have a chance to stop the other guy from winning.
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 pm

i guess im to the point where if its not a glitch or an AI mess up in some way it will be OK. Im interested to see what Gibs thinks about it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Field Goal Blocking?   Field Goal Blocking? Empty

Back to top Go down

Field Goal Blocking?
Page 1 of 1