Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?

Go down 
+8
ZFarls
abdaninja
UseRPicK101
padlock-d
xHHx_megatron
WFColonel56
SasserAssassin
SaintsG0Marchin'In
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SaintsG0Marchin'In

does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? Empty
PostSubject: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 am

I"ve heard people say it does but i've been using it in a couple of games and I can't say it's overly effective. Is there a setup I'm suppose to be using and or adjustments i'm not aware of?
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:44 am

spread the line and i like to put the the linebackers in the a gap.
but i would hit up megatron about this 1
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:38 am

mega made a 46 run d thread in the defensive section....it should be on the first few pages
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 am

blitz the B gap to whichever side u think the run is goin.. User FS

The better the dline, the better the results against the run.
Back to top Go down
padlock-d

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:49 pm

THIS HOW YOU STOP THE RUN WITH THTHE RUN IS GOING TOE 46 ZONE STRETCH WICHEVER SIDE YOU THINK THE RUN IS GOING TO YOU BLITZ THAT INSIDE LB AND YOU SPY THE OTHER INSIDE LB IF YOUR OPP. IS RUNNING COUNTERS JUST RE-BLITZ THE DE WHERE THE COUNTER IS GOING AND KEEP THE SAME SETUP FOR YOUR LB'S IF YOU NEED MORE HELP HIT ME UP MY ID IS PADLOCK-D PS3
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:08 am

padlock-d wrote:
THIS HOW YOU STOP THE RUN WITH THTHE RUN IS GOING TOE 46 ZONE STRETCH WICHEVER SIDE YOU THINK THE RUN IS GOING TO YOU BLITZ THAT INSIDE LB AND YOU SPY THE OTHER INSIDE LB IF YOUR OPP. IS RUNNING COUNTERS JUST RE-BLITZ THE DE WHERE THE COUNTER IS GOING AND KEEP THE SAME SETUP FOR YOUR LB'S IF YOU NEED MORE HELP HIT ME UP MY ID IS PADLOCK-D PS3

Did this dude really just swagger jack me?
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:10 am

was thinkin the same^^
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:59 am

xHHx_megatron wrote:
padlock-d wrote:

he did swagger jack you
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 am

xHHx_megatron wrote:
padlock-d wrote:

ouch mega he did swagger jack u lol i been using spys as backside help for quite a while now user outside
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:00 am

Zone Stretch was the first Madden 11 play on D that I fell in love with. Pinching in the blue zones and usering the FS does stop most runs. You can cram guys in the box and contain the edges. The rush angle is pretty effective for 4 DL, that is what drew me originally.

Too bad I got 4 verted all day with the saints. Had to switch to OAK and man defense. Still love it tho
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 am

one important thing to know is that its not as much the "play" that stops the run (which it does a great job of doing) but its the formation.

46 loads the box with 8 defenders and when you play a cover 3 all those defenders play IN THE BOX - with a user defender ast the FS you can jam 9 guys in the box. For the most part the defense will have the advantage against the run when putting 9 guys in the box!
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 am

I'd disagree. Sure 46 is good but the gap control of the defensive line in that set of plays is whats great against the run. I personally like 3 deep or 3 deep spy better to stop the run but I'd argue that if you know how they work they're much more effective vs the run than other 46 plays.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:20 am

who are you disagreing with? lol
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm

I found a great run D but you'll have to use CHI or PHI playbook.
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 pm

the spy run d is the best in the game and the box doesnt have to have 8 or 9 in it
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Tru Statement wrote:
I'd disagree. Sure 46 is good but the gap control of the defensive line in that set of plays is whats great against the run. I personally like 3 deep or 3 deep spy better to stop the run but I'd argue that if you know how they work they're much more effective vs the run than other 46 plays.

3 deep has the SAME dline stunt as zone stretch... I just prefer zone over man cov.

@ Dalton- U remember what happend last time u used that weak run d against me,... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballgame *****
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 9:01 pm

xHHx_megatron wrote:
Tru Statement wrote:

3 deep has the SAME dline stunt as zone stretch... I just prefer zone over man cov.

@ Dalton- U remember what happend last time u used that weak run d against me,... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballgame *****

you dont even know what gm your talking about
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Dalton Big D wrote:
the spy run d is the best in the game and the box doesnt have to have 8 or 9 in it

Yeah it is a good run D, but you can use motion to negate it..

Check the 4-3 Normal - QB Contain; Both OLBs are contained so if they run a toss, you can stop it.. and you user the MLB if they run up the middle.. crash the DL in to stop inside runs.. even if they run a toss, your DEs can get to the edge despite a crash inward.

Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Dalton Big D wrote:

Yeah it is a good run D, but you can use motion to negate it..

Check the 4-3 Normal - QB Contain; Both OLBs are contained so if they run a toss, you can stop it.. and you user the MLB if they run up the middle.. crash the DL in to stop inside runs.. even if they run a toss, your DEs can get to the edge despite a crash inward.

u dont need 43 to use this concept though anything with Qb contain in the play should work and 4 downlineman
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 am

You can just play back a little more with your safety and run by the motioned blocker and still get in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?   does 46 zone stretch really stop the run? Empty

Back to top Go down

does 46 zone stretch really stop the run?
Page 1 of 1