Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

how 2 stop hb wheel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
biggametyme

how 2 stop hb wheel Empty
PostSubject: how 2 stop hb wheel   how 2 stop hb wheel EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:16 pm

hey guys im new here and was looking online because i need some help stopping a money play my friends found on youtube

the play is hb wheel and i have been using 43 defence with the giants. they are my favorite team but i cant seem to stop this play with man or zone.

here is the video for the play setup

https://www.youtube.com/user/EliteMaddenTips?feature=mhee#p/u/3/UbDkQYk5uxM

thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: how 2 stop hb wheel   how 2 stop hb wheel EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 pm

I literally played vs this play day 2 or 3 the game was out.. The main problem is that purple zones dont work like they should (farls/gibs pass that along lol)

The zones supposed to play curl- to flat.. but the zone ends up biting on the flat ...which it shouldnt...

It should go to the curl first and if nothing is there it should go to the flat...only after the player has reached the curl landmark (or ball is thrown lol)

But I am a zone coverage guy and I ran cover 3 and the cover 2 plays (both) and put the flat defenders in purples (even though they dnt work well)

What you should be trying to do is take away the "corners" and make them go to the flats....

back up the purples and move them out a bit. It helps some

heres a little tidbit, people are impatient. People want the big play, nobody (even ppl who make the video) will constantly hit the flats and take their 3-5 yds. It just dnt happen all game

and if you are more comfortable that this is they play they are using u can put other defenders (DL, MLB, etc) in man cov on 1 of the flat routes..or u could lurk them yourself (recommended)
But thats only if your comfortable with it.

Dont get too fancy with play makering your DL int coverage because you will get a HB dive in your face lol

I was able to get about 4 stops and the rest of his scores were on long drawn out drives (what I like as a defense) and I was able to best him with my O.

But when facing this play from a zone its all about playing a grind em, field position game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: how 2 stop hb wheel   how 2 stop hb wheel EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:38 pm

and dont use man unless u match personnel (4 WRs- nickle or dime D)

if not you are asking to get beat

its perfectly fine to use zone in a 4-3, but dont use man vs the formation
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: how 2 stop hb wheel   how 2 stop hb wheel EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:16 pm

man with a DE in purple
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: how 2 stop hb wheel   how 2 stop hb wheel EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:35 am

What sasser said....except play press coverage so the man switch doesn't happen as fast and that the purple gets out to the edge in time...I wouldn't play any zone against this play myself...46 speed or dime,make sure your CBs line up over the slot wrs directly so the press works.....may not stop it 100 percent but its a tough read since the press takes the man switch away and the purple is on the slant....they will start calling another play quickly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how 2 stop hb wheel   how 2 stop hb wheel Empty

Back to top Go down

how 2 stop hb wheel
Page 1 of 1