Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

How do you stop underneath short passes?

Go down 
+3
sgibs
Drama
YngClassic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YngClassic

YngClassic

How do you stop underneath short passes? Empty
PostSubject: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:25 am

This is a pain in the A$$ for me. i can stop everyhting else ecxept this, and my biggest weakness in madden is opponents who plays a west coast style of game. i use the 46 exclusively and i cant stop short passes, i NEVER come out in cover 2 hawk because good players will exploit a 2 deep set, thats why all my audibles are 3 deep set defensive plays and the best players are waiting for you to come out in a 2 deep set, but i cant stop the underneath passes, ive tried using 3 deep bandit blitz. ive tried zone blitz and still no luck. anyone know how to shut this down with the 46 D or multi D? thanx
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 am

you have to use a lot of coverage with a qb spy and you should cover one person that you see he likes to throw to a lot so he looks away from him and then bait him to throw something else and pick it thats exactly what i do and it works wonders
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I have had the best success with a purple to the left of the field, a spy in the middle, and a purple to the right of the field.

Then user the long side of the field.

you have to bring 2 man pressure off the edge to try and passively disrupt the offense!

ie

46 Bear
DE contain
blitz the FS and stack on outside left DE
reblitz the left of screen DE
purple the left dt
spy the dt over the center
purple the right DT
user ther FS in coverage
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:24 pm

^^ thanks for the tip Gibs.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 pm

like gibs said, contains wit a spy, and some sort of pressure to make em throw at them.
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:36 pm

sgibs wrote:
I have had the best success with a purple to the left of the field, a spy in the middle, and a purple to the right of the field.

you have to bring 2 man pressure off the edge to try and passively disrupt the offense!

ie

46 Bear
DE contain
purple the left dt
purple the right DT
user ther FS in coverage

You got the FS blitzing and covering thinking one of your FS should be SS, right?
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm

If you KNOW for sure a quick pass like stick or something is coming. pick nickel strong or dime flat and contain the slot DB, he's gotten me a couple of pics and swats the ball, just lab it and put him in the area where he wont engage with the offensive lineman
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:39 pm

LOTT0042 wrote:
sgibs wrote:

ie

46 Bear
DE contain
purple the left dt
purple the right DT
user ther FS in coverage

You got the FS blitzing and covering thinking one of your FS should be SS, right?

user the SS in covreage-- oops!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:41 pm

there is no difference from fs or ss to me. If your best CB is on the weak side your FS is essentially your SS. both my safteies usally play deep unless i blitz. so your good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop underneath short passes?   How do you stop underneath short passes? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you stop underneath short passes?
Page 1 of 1