Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history

Go down 
+17
irobson
xHHx_VaBeach757
blood9585
bucsforever5
GAV
Homerunhittas
ZAN
Strayous
WasItTehChad
ZFarls
Militant X 1
MisterMazin
xHHx_megatron
SasserAssassin
WFColonel56
Tyler1281
SaintsG0Marchin'In
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintsG0Marchin'In

Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history Empty
PostSubject: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

With custom playbooks is everybody starting to realize this years game is going to be the most offensive oriented game in madden history? Yes I realize there will also be custom defensive playbooks which in theory gives us the opportunity to counter custom offensive playbooks but that's not a valid theory. Think about it, take literally every pass or run money play madden bible breaks down in any given year and then put them ALL in one playbook with. That's essentially what custom playbooks gives us the opportunity to do. There will be no defensive counter for this.
It won't be apparent when the game first drops but two months into the madden season it's going to be crazy. I'm excited about it though IMO Madden 11 was the worst madden game in madden history by far. Another point, if they're going to dumb the game down to the point that almost any random person can pick up the sticks and hang with seasoned madden vets, which is exactly what they did with madden 11, at least give people with actual madden knowledge an edge and custom playbooks does that IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:21 pm

great post your right there wont be a counter for all the money plays you can have but for tournaments you will prob have to use just a team's a playbook but it will still be awesome to try out... and yeah i agree madden 11 is one of the worst madden's in madden history
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:35 pm

One more thing I"d like to add...

Here's what I'm most excited about with custom playbooks and it has nothing to do with just taking money plays from 50 different formations, in fact I'm most excited about just the opposite. I'd like to have 50 different play options from the SAME formation. Which is EXACTLY what any NFL team has the ability to do by the way before anybody says there is something wrong with that.
My favorite formation is SB Bunch. I'm already going crazy imagining all the possibilities with the option to scan every sb bunch form in the game and put all of the best in one book. While most people are just going to focus on money plays which they couldn't possibly be familiar enough with to even know what they are doing with each the smart people like me will be MASTERING one or two formations. That's not saying that it won't be effective to just use a bunch of money plays because it will be.. but the elite madden gamers in 12 will be the ones that master one or two formations.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:25 pm

i think 12 will have a lower "average score" than the last 3 maddens

WHY?

Improved defense
As of now we dont know how much EA improved the AI. An increase in AI alone could cut down on some money plays because some money plays just pray on the awareness of the D AI.

Improved zone defense
With the zones playing better they will cover some things that they dnt cover before which in itself is going to improve the situation. Although if the game is going back to a zone defensive game there are going to be ways to shred zone but a smart defender should know how and what is being used to do it....So this is more on the user, the tools are there but the user has to act on it

No suction (or less suction)
point blank, it will be easier to get around run blocks..(but u must make the play)
and it MIGHT be easier to get a pass rush

DE Disengage
All things im hearing is that the DEs will have an easier time (than 11) in disengaging from a block by the tackle when the QB roll out of the pocket
--------------

Stick vs man has been fixed'
slant outs have been fixed
face throws have been fixed

Yes new money tactics arise every year but it is huge that these things were actually fixed b4 the game is out (unlike yrs past)...And for the most part stick was the only money play and the others could be ran how ever and whenever, and in any formation wanted, so these fixes are huge. And yes new things come each yr but at least we are starting off the year almost with a clean slate
-------------------------------

And as said the defensive custom pbs are also another way to counter said money plays
----------------------------------------

after all of that im at my main point

You cant run every money play available. If you do that your offense will suffer more than the defense will. You will have no consistency on O. Plus you must practice each money play to make sure u can run it whenever and vs any D, If u have too many plays you suffer in effectiveness....so IMo if u want to make a $$$book than go ahead. I will do what I do better than u do what u do.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:01 am

WFColonel56 wrote:
i think 12 will have a lower "average score" than the last 3 maddens

WHY?

Improved defense
As of now we dont know how much EA improved the AI. An increase in AI alone could cut down on some money plays because some money plays just pray on the awareness of the D AI.

Improved zone defense
With the zones playing better they will cover some things that they dnt cover before which in itself is going to improve the situation. Although if the game is going back to a zone defensive game there are going to be ways to shred zone but a smart defender should know how and what is being used to do it....So this is more on the user, the tools are there but the user has to act on it

No suction (or less suction)
point blank, it will be easier to get around run blocks..(but u must make the play)
and it MIGHT be easier to get a pass rush

DE Disengage
All things im hearing is that the DEs will have an easier time (than 11) in disengaging from a block by the tackle when the QB roll out of the pocket
--------------

Stick vs man has been fixed'
slant outs have been fixed
face throws have been fixed

Yes new money tactics arise every year but it is huge that these things were actually fixed b4 the game is out (unlike yrs past)...And for the most part stick was the only money play and the others could be ran how ever and whenever, and in any formation wanted, so these fixes are huge. And yes new things come each yr but at least we are starting off the year almost with a clean slate
-------------------------------

And as said the defensive custom pbs are also another way to counter said money plays
----------------------------------------

after all of that im at my main point

You cant run every money play available. If you do that your offense will suffer more than the defense will. You will have no consistency on O. Plus you must practice each money play to make sure u can run it whenever and vs any D, If u have too many plays you suffer in effectiveness....so IMo if u want to make a $$$book than go ahead. I will do what I do better than u do what u do.

i cant agree with this because i havent had my hands on the game yet.
so i would have to agree with saints for now
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:03 am

Lol what Ya'll dont realize is there will be a D for any moneyplay even in M11 and back to M10 and so on....

Money plays are overrated...customplaybooks wont make one player better then another.. If u think all the money plays in M11 will transfer to M12.. I HIGHLY doubt that.

There will be a defensive counter for Everything. It will not be the most offensive orriented game but instead the most defensive orriented game.

If what colonel said is true bout the defensive ends... I caint wait

GMEN >
Back to top Go down
MisterMazin

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm

M11 was easily the easiest offensive game since at least M08..
there no way with all these defensive improvements that it will be easier to score than it was this year.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:59 pm

let's wait and see!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:34 pm

11 was bad but 09 was much much worse

Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Its not totally about money plays, its more about working formations together to make a great gameplan. You can only use one play at a time so its about keeping everything balanced to make your opponent off balanced.

Zones play much better and the game is more balanced, I like that a sim guy can pick up and hang with a tourney player. It makes it better, its no dumbed down, as long as you know football instead of cheap stuff you will still win.

I did think that about scoring, but after checking it out, its shaping up to be a fun game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:15 am

the return of dots

i love it!!!

Back to top Go down
Strayous

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:50 pm

I think its gonna be a good year for all the people that play ranked a lot lol. There will be custom playbooks, so I think its just gonna come down to who knows the game better and what works vs. what.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaddenEvolution.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 am

"I like that a sim guy can pick up and hang with a tourney player. It makes it better, its no dumbed down, as long as you know football instead of cheap stuff you will still win."

If this is the case, then good game to the world. The thing is this...it seems like everyone I lost to this year (besides crew members) didn't know the first thing about football.

Attacking hi-low
Flooding
Shell + 1 Verticals
Open Grass Concepts

They all just "chucked a streak" vs. zone or "chucked a slant out" vs. man. I mean, don't get me wrong. I had arguably my most success of any Madden I've played since coming over from the NCAA brand in 08...but if what they say is true, and I can completely choose my offensive scheme and defensive scheme, and football concepts ACTUALLY work...

Then you sprinkle in my tournament background where I use the overeffective things, as needed, and I PROMISE you that if there are tournaments, I will make noise.

That's the funny thing, you see all these great tournament players (Dan, K*, etc...) and I'll bet you ANYTHING that they couldn't tell you gap concept. They couldn't tell you what open grass passing is. They couldn't tell you what the TCU 4-2-5 does.

That's where I come in. I know these things. It comes from years of being just an absolute football junkie. It comes from playing NCAA competitively all those years prior to Madden 08. The college game is where the best football minds live. If you don't believe me, check NCAA Utopia forums...greatest strategy talk ever. Those are the guys that sure rarely if ever lose a football game...

I'm all for football minds beating stick skills and glitches. AS LONG AS the game isn't made simpler in a fashion that Ian Cummings went about with Madden 11 where you could come out gun, snap, close your eyes, and press and button with a high pass lead, whilst coming down with it 65% of the time. That's not football.

And if you thought my NEW ENGLAND O was unique in a terribly uniform year of Madden, JUST EFFING WAIT WHAT I'LL HAVE WITH THESE CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS. I'm talking pro-style, air-raid, college style one back, etc...JUST EFFING WAIT.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 am

"11 was bad, but 09 was worse."

False. At least you saw passing schemes. Not everyone ran 3 curls and a flanker screen....FB dive was annoying. But you saw a lot of guys doing something like this.

Gun - Spread (FL Posts)

X and B on posts (both at flanker, split way out, near sidelines)

Slots on curls

Most people played the FS and tried to lurk curls, then the posts got open in the area that the safety vacated. That's OPEN GRASS concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHepRHa1kSU

Back to top Go down
Homerunhittas

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 pm

wasup Maddenbible I'm back... as far as the highest scoring games in Madden history it really depends
it seems everyone who believes this believe it because of custom playbooks
but the real issue with high scoring games is not the plays but the AI as WFColonel56 said

the reason why money plays work is because 1.Real football concepts and team tendencies and personnell enable it 2.AI cannot handle the play properly and make the right adjustments

usually it's the latter and rarely the first reason
so I reserve judgment on if Madden 12 will be the highest scoring Madden but I would hope not if they improved the game the way they should have

Back to top Go down
GAV

GAV

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Madden 11 has many routes that mess with the defensive AI, whether it be to be unbumpable, beat man coverage at a specific point, to make the defender ignore his charge, or to makes zones play differently on the throw's release. It's alot like Madden 04 was in this respect. My guess is that alot of these nuances from a defensive standpoint in engaging these routes will be improved or even phased out. I believe that Madden 12 will be much more like Madden 05 in this respect in that defense will make a return - despite players having more control over their play selection. Obviously, I have no first hand knowledge - but I've talked to a few people who already have the game and they tend to pick up on things very quickly - so I feel that I can trust this as the truth.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:18 pm

zan i still say that the worst of the worst from 09 was worse than 11...but we both have out opinions lol.

But offensively people will have to actually learn real life concepts (at least to an extent) and as u said the guys who already know will have a leg up on those who dont.

btw im already 40% dne in developing my M12 start off offense...it will be nice
Back to top Go down
bucsforever5

bucsforever5

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:14 am

no madden 12 wont be highest scoring average u got to remember that while u can use any play in your audbles and not just choose one playbook u can combine plays form playbooks that u can also do this for defense to counter the good plays on offense and the defense will be the vocal point this year i believe it will be one the lowest scoring averages ever for madden
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 am

i wouldnt say ever...lol but lower than 09 and 11
Back to top Go down
blood9585

blood9585

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:25 pm

madden 11 had high scoring games because of the horrible defensive AI. If madden 12's defensive AI is significantly improved, like every released article suggests, I think that will level the playing field of custom play books for offense...Not to mention custom play books for defense...(every defensive formation, and blitzes you could ask for...)
Back to top Go down
http://WiseMaddenConcepts.Blogspot.com
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:12 pm

ZAN wrote:
"I like that a sim guy can pick up and hang with a tourney player. It makes it better, its no dumbed down, as long as you know football instead of cheap stuff you will still win."

If this is the case, then good game to the world. The thing is this...it seems like everyone I lost to this year (besides crew members) didn't know the first thing about football.

Attacking hi-low
Flooding
Shell + 1 Verticals
Open Grass Concepts

They all just "chucked a streak" vs. zone or "chucked a slant out" vs. man. I mean, don't get me wrong. I had arguably my most success of any Madden I've played since coming over from the NCAA brand in 08...but if what they say is true, and I can completely choose my offensive scheme and defensive scheme, and football concepts ACTUALLY work...

Then you sprinkle in my tournament background where I use the overeffective things, as needed, and I PROMISE you that if there are tournaments, I will make noise.

That's the funny thing, you see all these great tournament players (Dan, K*, etc...) and I'll bet you ANYTHING that they couldn't tell you gap concept. They couldn't tell you what open grass passing is. They couldn't tell you what the TCU 4-2-5 does.

That's where I come in. I know these things. It comes from years of being just an absolute football junkie. It comes from playing NCAA competitively all those years prior to Madden 08. The college game is where the best football minds live. If you don't believe me, check NCAA Utopia forums...greatest strategy talk ever. Those are the guys that sure rarely if ever lose a football game...

I'm all for football minds beating stick skills and glitches. AS LONG AS the game isn't made simpler in a fashion that Ian Cummings went about with Madden 11 where you could come out gun, snap, close your eyes, and press and button with a high pass lead, whilst coming down with it 65% of the time. That's not football.

And if you thought my NEW ENGLAND O was unique in a terribly uniform year of Madden, JUST EFFING WAIT WHAT I'LL HAVE WITH THESE CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS. I'm talking pro-style, air-raid, college style one back, etc...JUST EFFING WAIT.

just stop. ur post are always so over the top exaggerated that its getting sad. so, IN UR MIND u should have been undefeated vs everyone outside of ur crew this year.u with your self-blownup egosmake me laugh. Zan I know a lot of real football too. But if u know so much more then everyone else and ur still losing then that means ur not skilled with the sticks as much as u think u are.

Using ur mindset Vince Lombardi and bill belichek should be undefeated their whole careers. Its just about knowledge . Its about execution.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am

xHHx_VaBeach757 wrote:
ZAN wrote:

Attacking hi-low
Flooding
Shell + 1 Verticals
Open Grass Concepts

just stop. ur post are always so over the top exaggerated that its getting sad. so, IN UR MIND u should have been undefeated vs everyone outside of ur crew this year.u with your self-blownup egosmake me laugh. Zan I know a lot of real football too. But if u know so much more then everyone else and ur still losing then that means ur not skilled with the sticks as much as u think u are.

Using ur mindset Vince Lombardi and bill belichek should be undefeated their whole careers. Its just about knowledge . Its about execution.

Jesus, I must have struck a nerve with you. Yeah, if I call the right play (which, to me...backed up man coverage with a safety over the top and myself usering the robber ought to suffice), that ought to overrule someone motioning a streak in a step and snapping and throwing immediately like you did on the last play of the game...sh!t happens though. Is that my fault? Nah. Nothing I can control there. I was there, made a swat attempt...and whiffed...per usual in this game. Not even mad. You're just another one of the guys that has, and will continue to get by until a game where play calling AND stick matter comes out. And don't act like stick is a big factor and I need to "get mine" up. Hell, you know you've been robbed by dropping 10,000 user picks this year; just as myself, militant x, gibs, truth, problem, EVERYONE has. Stick hardly matters...But I enjoyed the laugh when you told me I need to "get mine up." Hell, M11 is over, man. The only guy still carrying on is your puppy dog *** crew member, Megatron (who still hasn't thanked gibs for his relevance in M11, btw...get on that; it's disrespectful).

Yeah...asking for a realistic defense must be too much for you to handle, or something. I mean, yeah...the only time we played, I gagged up a 2 TD lead to you...that will tend to happen in this game..

But be real with yourself...Why should motion snapping a STREAK (a route with NO cuts) with an 85 spd WR absolutely roast a Darrelle Revis or a Charles Woodson, or hell...even a speed DB like DeAngelo Hall for that matter? I mean, tell me in what game of football is a coach not playing a loaded shell with at most, one extra blitzer with a 3 td lead halfway through the second half? It's the right playcall...and I'd call it again, given the chance. It just so happened that Moss and Britt were making plays. No excuses there. Quit making me out to be an excuse maker. I bitch when it's absurd, not when I legit lost, which I did there...players didn't make plays. (and be real, I never even came at you...never spoke of this game; you're the one who brought it up) But you know that motion snapping streaks and lobbing regardless of coverage is not football.

That's all I'm asking for...adaptive AI to the same BS everyone throws...because apparently, changing your play calling to double and triple coverage has no bearing or ill-affect on catch in traffic...or a better phrase, is NOT ENOUGH effect.

And you're right. Execution is the overall be-all end-all of the conversation. But the problem is this. When the only NON-execution in the entire game is Jason Campbell missing a wide open WR, and great DEs not getting to the QB without a contain being behind them...the game is in need of major overall. A Darrelle Revis needs to execute like a Darrelle Revis ALL GAME (not just by catching duck throws, which are the primary means of picking off the ball this year). The offensive linemen's ratings should matter...they all execute the exact same outside select running plays. Things like DE's having more picks in an entire year than DBs. I would argue that the ratio of DL picks to CB picks is staggeringly close. I want things to execute, just as you do. I'm not asking to be undefeated. I'm asking to actually be beaten (USUALLY) when I know I've been beaten...not to feel empty like "why didn't prevent work on the last play of the game" or "why did reggie wayne catch the ball, run 3 steps, then drop it....3 times this game" (yes, I know a skinny post burns prevent, hence why I user 60 yards deep on hail mary plays...but you get the point). I want concreteness in this game....

Hopefully the DPP will be a major step towards the big name players performing as a result of their abilities, rather than poor locomotion and speed ratings ruling the game. I want to see a Julius Peppers or a Dwight Freeney amp it up on a 4th and 14 for the game. There should be no reason for me to have to send more than 4 in a situation that a coach wouldn't send more than 4 in...especially with a game on the line. Big players make big plays in real life...but in this game, bad players make just as many...which is terrible.

Last edited by ZAN on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:58 pm

Zan, I dont get you. Youre makin urself look like an a$s. You, keep callin me out eveywhere like ur a top dog.. You tell me Im not good, in contrast, you say im only good because of gibs ( which is laughable, Ive spoken to him like once, you zan haved talked and labbed wit him on seperate occasions).. Yes im popular because of MB but from me givin out tips. U can keep sayin im good or not. But I dont give a F bout ur opinion. Especially when players who make noise in tourneys (bronco and Beach) differs from first round busts ( u)
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:16 pm

................here we go
Back to top Go down
irobson

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Colonel get the pop corn i'll get the sodas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history   Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden12= Highest scoring games in madden history
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next