Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

NCAA 12 thoughts?

Go down 
+7
ZFarls
DesertSwarm24
GunnyWill
xHHx_megatron
datnodude
j-bone77
sgibs
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:11 am

I love the way the run game is. It is extremely twitchy and I think it allows for a lot of one on one battles in the open field.

Still working on getting the timing right on user picks and user plays deep. The way I describe it is that as soon as the timer goes off in your head to start strafing for the user pick that is when you keep sprinting to get in position for the strafe pick.

I think the 4-2-5 has a lot of potential as well as the 5-2. Both are great for generating pressure.

The 335 stack has a GREAT cover 3 that farls has been using with lots of success. It has stock purples which help with the play being so good.

This game plays undernceter and you should focus on the option run as well as the three headed rushing attack.

Wishbone Wide is my favorite formation in the game with its quick passing abilitys as well as the power and triple option.

Bunch Quads is a FORCE. It is a extremely unique formation and I dont think the game has ever seen anything like it.

Singleback Ace Speed Option is a GREAT base play that can instnatly make you better over night by simply making the defense respect it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
j-bone77

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:12 am

What teams are u having success with running your wishbone wide? Also, what teams have the most dominant D-Line in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:29 am

been using oregon for wishbone
Back to top Go down
datnodude

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:34 pm

I like the 5-2 will mess around with that!.. thought I would like oregons pb but I wasn't getting a good feel from gun.. played some games with fsu they were ok.. gonna try bama next
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:23 pm

soooo many offensive books to choose from...

I love the run gm and the fact u caint run back 10 yards wit the qb..

Defensively im still tryna get my user up to par.. But option d and all around run d is a must have.. I caint stress that enuff.
Back to top Go down
j-bone77

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I am having a hard time moving the chains. I can run the ball pretty good, but then my opponent starts stacking the box and forcing me to pass and there really isn't any good qb/wr combos in the game. I think I'm gonna try the pistol.
Back to top Go down
GunnyWill

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Wow that cover 3 play from 3-3-5 stack you mentioned above is excellent, it seems like theres 14 guys on the field, so here are my thoughts about ncaa so far. I absolutely love the graphics, presentation, and all the bells and whistle, i think the madden team needs to learn a few things from the ncaa team. Since this is the first ncaa game ive played (I dont really follow college football) i didnt know what to expect, but so far im really enjoying it. I love how the zone coverage isnt retarded for once and i love how the dlinemen actually pass rush as opposed to madden 11 where they just stand there and get bullied by the olinemen. I also love the running game and the tackling collision system (none of that suction crap thank god), the option plays are really run as well as the trick plays you can do. Although i dont have a favorite college football team Im liking LSU so far because of their fast linebackers, their beast of a cornerback, and almost everyone in the secondary has 90+ zone coverage rating.
Back to top Go down
DesertSwarm24

DesertSwarm24

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:48 pm

is it possible to have a run defense from the 3-3-5 stack or is it just a pass D
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:20 pm

desert you can def blitz form that formation.

althought you are rushing 3 backers and 3 down linemen most of the time.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Gunny, I think you will like the presentation changes to Madden 12, the team focused a lot on it according to blog reports.
Back to top Go down
GunnyWill

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 pm

has the zone in madden seen the same improvements as ncaa?
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:02 pm

zone in madden is just as good if not better
Back to top Go down
GunnyWill

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:22 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
Alyoyo

Alyoyo

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:12 pm

i love the running. strong tight ftw.

as far as option goes, i will NEVER do that EEEVVVEEERR lol

my biggest gripe is qbs seem to overthrow short throws more times than not
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:43 pm

sgibs wrote:
I love the way the run game is. It is extremely twitchy and I think it allows for a lot of one on one battles in the open field.

Still working on getting the timing right on user picks and user plays deep. The way I describe it is that as soon as the timer goes off in your head to start strafing for the user pick that is when you keep sprinting to get in position for the strafe pick.

I think the 4-2-5 has a lot of potential as well as the 5-2. Both are great for generating pressure.

The 335 stack has a GREAT cover 3 that farls has been using with lots of success. It has stock purples which help with the play being so good.

This game plays undernceter and you should focus on the option run as well as the three headed rushing attack.

Wishbone Wide is my favorite formation in the game with its quick passing abilitys as well as the power and triple option.

Bunch Quads is a FORCE. It is a extremely unique formation and I dont think the game has ever seen anything like it.

Singleback Ace Speed Option is a GREAT base play that can instnatly make you better over night by simply making the defense respect it

i hear ya! i ran the 3-3-5 with my VT Hokies today online and the defense just smothered my opponents! i already had the Wishbone Wide in my pb and just love it as well! i am checking into the other forms that you mentioned.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
SKINNY

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Mr. Gibs .. my favorite about the game is clearly the rushing. Super fluid and love the downhill, north and south running concept they featured. My only knock (so far) has been the downfield passing (definitely looking forward to videos on that). My intermediate attack looks well though but completing the deep dig and skinny posts off of playaction is stalling my attack. Alot of my TD drives are 11-14 plays long, I guess its TCUs style but coming from Madden11 (6-8 play drives) its throwing me off a bit.

If you like the wishbone wide .. then you have to see TCUs Wishbone out of the pistol (3 HB sub). Dope.

The 4-2-5 is everyyything I thought it would be. Absolute monster. I originally thought Id use 3-3-5 (my aztecs) but found I had to blitz 6/7 to get a decent runstop (often emptying middle of field, where it prides itself (smothering anything inside) ). The 4-2-5 provides blanket on the backend and as long as your LBs can run, leave the pressure to the front four. I user the FS so I really enjoy how they switch him from left to right depending on style of 4-2-5 (without having to sub). The depth of the game rocks and showed they put alot of detail into it.

I havent played online yet but after tonight session my Frogs will be ready to leave the pad. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Helix King

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:13 am

Has anybody had any success with the option or air raid offense?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA 12 thoughts?   NCAA 12 thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA 12 thoughts?
Page 1 of 1