Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZAN

ZAN

Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt Empty
PostSubject: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:44 pm

I've only labbed D since I got the game, so that will explain why my O was so random. I'll get it together on that side of the ball starting next week probably.

That was the first time I've run that D since labbing, and I must say that it basically was the reason I had 24 and we went to OT. I feel like I could have won that in regulation, had I not thrown that flukey pick where Dalton decided to chuck off his back foot for no reason and lob it to Newman for easy points. Other than the toss play and the face throw I had smothered up the seam, I felt that I had you pretty caged.

If only I had some O.

I'll take a tie though.
Back to top Go down
Trew159

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm having a rough time with the offensive side. Do you think the Bengals have the best overall D this year?
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 pm

raiders ^^^^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Bengals, hands down. Raiders lack a coverage LB with Thomas Howard being gone.

The Bengals have Nelson, Mays, Clements, Hall, Sands, and Pacman. I'll take the Bengals safeties over the Raiders' safeties.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Not to mention Cincy has 85-87 speed at every position in the front 7.
Back to top Go down
j-bone77

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Zan how do u set them up on defense as far as depth chart?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

ZAN wrote:
I've only labbed D since I got the game, so that will explain why my O was so random. I'll get it together on that side of the ball starting next week probably.

That was the first time I've run that D since labbing, and I must say that it basically was the reason I had 24 and we went to OT. I feel like I could have won that in regulation, had I not thrown that flukey pick where Dalton decided to chuck off his back foot for no reason and lob it to Newman for easy points. Other than the toss play and the face throw I had smothered up the seam, I felt that I had you pretty caged.

If only I had some O.

I'll take a tie though.

Yeah Zan, good game bro. Definitely looking forward to running some more with you in the near future. But, I had that game won if it weren't for 1 or 2 bad decisions in the first half and poor clock management in the 4th. When I was up by 3 with about 4 minutes to go in the 4th, I should have just ran the ball & made you waste all your timeouts. Also, I'm still adjusting to the way zones play this year. I'll think a WR is wide open and then a man in a zone will make an amazing play on the ball. But, once I get back from class tonight I'ma get in the lab and work on beating zone. So, don't think all that zone you were running is going to work next time we play! lol! Your a good player and your definitely the type of competition I've been looking for, so let's get another game in SOON! Any suggestions you have for me on either the offensive or defensive side of the ball?

* I liked that little bubble screen you were running btw. Sick play.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:50 pm

ummm...to be honest, i manually sub based off formations and the type of heat i generate....a rule of thumb is this:

DEs - Lawson and Moch (one is 89 speed, other is 91 speed with 81 pursuit but zero coverage ability with little to offer in coverage, so why not let him pass rush every down)
DTs - Dunlap and Geathers (both accelerate like nuts)
LOLB - Rivers (87 speed)
MLB - Mauluga (there for the hit power and pursuit)
ROLB - M. Johnson (6'7'' with freak speed)
CB - Hall, Nelson, Clements, Pacman
FS- Sands
SS- Mays, Clements

But some formations I may move Johnson to DT for containment/flats coverage (because contains do a stellar job on superpicking drags as they cross the opposite has, as well as preventing roll out. Yes, Clements is in my depth chart twice. He plays a hybrid SS2 and nickelback. His physicality and size is key for me in the box. Plus, many packages have SS swap, which allow me to get Taylor Mays 95 speed in on pass rush situations and leave Clements deep for his zone coverage, hit power, and play rec. Some packages in nickel allow me to move Nelson into the slot where he's also a beast. There is a tonnnn of versatily. You also have the ability to swap Mays to free and play Sands in the box if you're worried about Sands' ability to play the deep third.

The truth is that they have almost TOO many options on the the team that it might seem overwhelming to try to get everyone on the field. Don't focus on trying to get everyone on the field...Get a feel for the secondary...the front seven can easily be tinkered to your liking.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 pm

TWIM 33, my dude. That bubble screen is a ZAN Madden 11 classic. Smile Watch TWIM 33 for the entire breakdown.

I haven't decided on an O yet, so I threw some auds together for an O i ran last year. it's not nearly as effective this year. That was the first time I'd played an actual game since the game went retail. I played 2 ranked games on early release just for fun, played them sim...but after that I went into the lab. I feel I came outta the lab too early for our game.

I'm not so sure you would have been better off running the ball. You hit a long toss play for a TD, but I made a poor user play on it. The rest of your runs were netting you 1-2 yards. Making me use timeouts may have been smart, though.

My zone setups were just me auding around like a mad man. I base them around 2 different heaters I have in that formation with the exact same presnap look. I sacked you 3-4 times in the first half before you caught on to it. I'll manipulate things a little. I LOVE THAT FORMATION I WAS IN THOUGH. That may be my D all year....so versatile, and the personnel in it are crazy....i love being able to use Clements or Mays as my robber/wildcard player based on down and distance.
Back to top Go down
j-bone77

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 pm

i like them too and played a few games with them, but their offense is horrible. it was like i had a split personality with them. on defense i was all hyped up about how great they are, then when i was on offense, i wanted to throw my controller at the tv......lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm

I am looking at TWIM 33 RIGHT NOW! lol! That play was sick. Finally figured it out in the 4th, but by that time it was too late. I gotta learn to adjust to my opponent sooner.

I feel you. My offensive scheme is the exact same as 11 except for the newly added Snuggs formation I'm still trying to get use too. I just love this playbook to much and it fits my style of play so well its hard for me to get away from it. Lol. I'm pretty sure I've already found my base scheme. Now, its time to gut this playbook & figure out a few situational mini scheme to throw at opponents like you. Twisted Evil But yeah, I'm still trying to get acclimated with the user catch. I had you deep 2-3 times one on one with Teddy Williams and if I had been able to just complete one of those, instead of overrunning it, I would have been in field goal range at the least. Coulda ran clock, tried for a TD, worse case scenario you stop me and I kick a field goal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt   Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Game Earlier, xSickWitIt
Page 1 of 1