Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation

Go down 
+2
huskychipmunk
sgibs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation Empty
PostSubject: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
huskychipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:55 pm

yeah cam is for real he is lighting the field up he threw for 400 on green bay
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:24 pm

guys is unreal man - cant wait tos ee him play next week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:39 pm

The 3-headed rushing attack to the left, up the middle, and to the right should be your primary running concept. However, if your opponent is stuffing the run you can use the concept of A gap run, B gap run, & C gap run to one side as your secondary running concept. This gives your opponent a different look & forces him to adjust. Gibs has mentioned this in various places, but he did not mention this in the video. I just felt it was appropriate to mention, since this is the video on the running the ball. A great formation for this secondary running concept is the I-Form Tackle Over. With Tackle Over, you have the HB Iso (A gap run), FB Dive (A gap run), HB Slam (B gap run), HB Power O (C gap run), and HB Toss (C gap run) all to one side of the field. The reason this secondary running concept can be so effect, is because when you are in your primary running formation it forces your opponent to be balanced across their defensive front HOWEVER when you switch to your secondary running formation the balanced defensive front no longer holds weight against the run. In order to slow down or stop your secondary running formation, the defense is forces to overplay one side of the ball. So, if you are constantly switching between your primary & secondary running formations it puts a lot of strain on your opponent's stick skills & their ability to adjust.

Audibles should be... (any combination of the two)
  • HB Iso & HB Slam
  • FB Dive & HB Slam
  • HB Iso & HB Toss
  • FB Dive & HB Toss
  • HB Slam & HB Toss ** (This is the combination I like to use)
NOTE: The HB Power O is the formation quick audible run, so you will always have that running play to choose from

So, for example...

2nd & short, or 3rd & short... I may say to myself, "I am going to run the ball this play and force him to stop me." So, I will come out in my Tackle Over beef set - play HB Iso or FB Dive. Now when you step to the LOS, you have the HB Iso or FB Dive, HB Slam, HB Power O, and HB Toss at your disposal (assuming that you set your audibles up the same way I did). Then if needed, you can audible up to Strong Close and run your Strong Close beef set as well. This will definitely be hard to stop in short situations.

Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:39 pm

this is great feedback right here!

you can do this same approach with strong close!

its the 4 headed rushing attack! Off Tackle hits the outside B gap and can work as a A and C gap run as well
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Does anyone else feel that the Quick Toss out of Strong Close gets blown up too easily? I dont like the blocking on it and feel that the Off Tackle is a much more reliable run to the right
Back to top Go down
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Does anyone else feel that the Quick Toss out of Strong Close gets blown up too easily? I dont like the blocking on it and feel that the Off Tackle is a much more reliable run to the right

I am not a great runner but so far when i audible to the toss I get smacked up everytime, Ive been a little better with the counter weak though. Yet I get burned by the toss a lot.... smh ;-( Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 pm

you really have to call it in the right situation
Back to top Go down
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:

I am not a great runner but so far when i audible to the toss I get smacked up everytime, Ive been a little better with the counter weak though. Yet I get burned by the toss a lot.... smh ;-( Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Another little tip, look into "beef" sets. This can dramatically improve your run game because it gets your best blockers out on the field & great match ups out wide against smaller corners. This will especially help in your horizontal run game (counters, tosses, power O's, stretch plays, etc.)

Example:
When I come out in my Tackle Over "beef" set and I audible up to my Strong Close "beef" set, Witten is out wide to the right in the WR2 position. This is a great match up, because if I decide to run the toss (given the situation) I don't even have to motion him over against man because of his great blocking ability. 99.99% of the time, Witten is able to hold his block and I am able to get to the edge with Felix Jones & scamper up field for a big gain. Or if they are in zone, I can either run the toss & keep Witten were he is OR run the dive/counter & motion Witten over to the left for an additional (great) blocker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Only problem I have... is why are my opponents able to shoot the C gap when I run the toss play & tackle me in the backfield from time to time, but I am never able too? I put my SS out wide for containment & he ALWAYS gets picked up.
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 pm

strong close quick toss is still very good, look to call it in man defense and not against a dime dollar or quarters formation...or any 3 down lineman fronts except 3-4 defense.... i haven't been using the toss on zone defense, just not worth it imo gets blown up to easy, always the dive or counter in zone from strong close

i haven't been motioning my WR as much on the toss or counter just read the D and quick snap

i also find success on the toss, by starting the game out running the counter and dive over and over then BAM the toss for big yards
Back to top Go down
hokiewarrior

hokiewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm

why do you pick strong close as one of your favorite run formations? I understand why you would like the strong aspect with where the FB is, but is there an advantage running-wise of having the WRs close instead of spread out?

to me, it would allow defenses to shrink in, stopping the run; i could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm

hokiewarrior wrote:
why do you pick strong close as one of your favorite run formations? I understand why you would like the strong aspect with where the FB is, but is there an advantage running-wise of having the WRs close instead of spread out?

to me, it would allow defenses to shrink in, stopping the run; i could be wrong though.

you can read man or zone right off the rip.... so we know the counter and dive works good against zone, and the toss is really effective verses man... And as for thinking the defense can shrink in, thats what you want, if you get a good block on the edge you have alot of green out there....

also with ability to read man and zone you can pass from strong close as well, so if you can attack the defense by passing and running and having a good idea of there coverage, that's why strong close is popular and effective
Back to top Go down
hokiewarrior

hokiewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:17 pm

thanks; that makes a lot of sense. i didn't know that the counter and dive are good against zone. i'll keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation   Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation Empty

Back to top Go down

Mad-Den TV Show #125 Power Run Formation
Page 1 of 1