Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side

Go down 
+5
relli843
xHHx_megatron
WFColonel56
bahdbwoy
finfever
9 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side Empty
PostSubject: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 am

whats up guys. I find myself one dimensional when it comes to beating zone. I use bench out of shotgun tight doubles and use Jordy Nelson and Finley on the deep corner routes and use their height. But when people use the deep corner zones, I find myself shut down. I still try to force it in there and throw a lot of picks. I then try to just use the bench concept on jordys side and streak finley and try to user catch over the middle, but they catch on and either user the streak themselves or man up someone on the streak. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of attacking zone over the middle while still having the bench concept on one side of the field. so using the two WRs in shotgun tight dubs on the right plus the rb. Thanks guys, this would really help me out.
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:45 am

Get out of the mindset that 1 play is all you need to beat anything.. understand if your playing cov2/3/4 and the weakness of each..

Start from the ground up and learn how to attack a specific defender.. You should also get away from compressed sets while you figure things out..

A trips look will give you #s advantage if they dont align correctly
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 am

^^^this

as you advance start to get away from compressed sets.

by now if your opponents arent D "ing" up bench as soon as they see a compressed set then they werent too good

(dont have to be successful but at least they need to be attempting to lol)

curl flats, drive, slant flats, stick are all boss concepts to beat zone.

honestly compression sets are not a great way to attack zone.....if you spread zones out formation-ally than you put them more in a bind than with compression sets.

Compression sets put the CBs (in a cover 3) and safeties (cover 2) under the most stress...Spread sets put more stress on the under coverage (no matter which zone) all the time....And if its a cover 2 a lot of stress is on the safeties

========================================
But to answer your question you can set up bench on one side and on the other side you can run a drive concept

X--A---00000

A on a 10yd in route.....X on a drag inside
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:20 pm

It really doesnt matter what offensive formation your in. Compressed/spread vs zone.

Too add some ideas, drags+slants over middle/flats+curls +bench to other side.

Against zone, its wise to keep a drag handy
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:17 pm

keep the bench concept on one side and run a hi lo read on the other... but you should really get out of that mindset that beating zone is restricted to the bench concept and other outside combinations.. you can beat zones all over the field... if you have ever watched trent dilfer breakdown quarterbacks on espn you will hear him say there is no defense for a perfect throw and talk about anticipating the throws.. this is the same when it comes to this game.. you have to see the throw.. anticipate when the receiver will clear his zone defender and throw it before he is open so that the throw will hit him between the zone defenders.. its all about timing
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 pm

The "bench concept" as our community calls it, is another misnomer. It's not at all the bench concept. Much like people thought that the "stick concept" is not the true stick concept as it is in real football.

This is EXACTLY the stuff I referred to in the thread I made, before I took it down...probably lack of better judgement; it needs to be seen. But oh well.

When you take the play "Bench", "Bench Switch", or "Bench Swap" and STREAK the out or spot route, you are really running a "Corner - Go" route combo. There really isn't another name for it.

Much like when people ran "Stick" and removed the stick route, the play basically became an isolation combination vs. the outside corner.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rvdutPc3V4

Here is "Bench Swap"...notice the corner - out combination on the right of Brady with the corner (in case of coverage roll) - spot (on the backside for checkdown purposes) to Brady's left.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:57 pm

ZAN wrote:
The "bench concept" as our community calls it, is another misnomer. It's not at all the bench concept. Much like people thought that the "stick concept" is not the true stick concept as it is in real football.

This is EXACTLY the stuff I referred to in the thread I made, before I took it down...probably lack of better judgement; it needs to be seen. But oh well.

When you take the play "Bench", "Bench Switch", or "Bench Swap" and STREAK the out or spot route, you are really running a "Corner - Go" route combo. There really isn't another name for it.

Much like when people ran "Stick" and removed the stick route, the play basically became an isolation combination vs. the outside corner.
its just way easier to say bc its something ppl are already familiar with (same with purple)....its a time saver from having to over explain..over and over lol

last yr i prob spent as much time re explaining what i had already posted than posting new material. its just a time saver, and every1 already know what your talkin about
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Which is exactly why we should have taught it correctly to begin with. People don't know what the hell is going on!
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 am

zan i respect you man... idk if you just woke up pissed today but calm down man... there's gonna be the ppl who actually PLAYED FOOTBALL who understand the concepts, ppl who are just plain gamers, and ppl who just wanna play the game for fun.. but you gettin all worked up isnt going to change anything.. you have to think about this.. when it comes to madden MOST ppl are LAZY.. they dont want to take the time to learn the correct terminology or come up with there own concepts and schemes.. they approach it as "just a video game" which is something you cant get mad at.. they just want to win the game thats all they care about.. which is why we see ebook and strat guide sales going way up.. the easiest route they can take the better.. then you also have to understand that some ppl (I AM NOT SAYING EVERYBODY SO NOBODY GET ON ME LIKE IM TALKING ABOUT YOU) just cant understand it... so when giving tips you have to make it as simple as possible.. those who really want to know the game and its terminology and all the complexities that come with it will take the time to research and watch and practice.. but when it all breaks down its just not possible to educate EVERYBODY
Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:55 pm

Zan... I think it would be cool to have a madden "film room" in the game to help educate people on the terminology and concepts in real foot-ball and how they work in the game.. It would be a tutorial of sorts, show the player different D looks, explain their stengths and weaknesses and then show you concepts ( not plays ) to beat the D. You can explain why the purples are called Buzz ( or curl-flats ) , how to read the safetys , and prettymuch any thing else you can think of.. Defensive strategys also.. as passinate as you are I cant think of anyone else.. so I nominate you to be the next Madden Czar of football concepts. It wouldnt be much different than what you do here execpt it would reach all of the madden communinty..
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

relli843 wrote:
zan i respect you man... idk if you just woke up pissed today but calm down man... there's gonna be the ppl who actually PLAYED FOOTBALL who understand the concepts, ppl who are just plain gamers, and ppl who just wanna play the game for fun.. but you gettin all worked up isnt going to change anything.. you have to think about this.. when it comes to madden MOST ppl are LAZY.. they dont want to take the time to learn the correct terminology or come up with there own concepts and schemes.. they approach it as "just a video game" which is something you cant get mad at.. they just want to win the game thats all they care about.. which is why we see ebook and strat guide sales going way up.. the easiest route they can take the better.. then you also have to understand that some ppl (I AM NOT SAYING EVERYBODY SO NOBODY GET ON ME LIKE IM TALKING ABOUT YOU) just cant understand it... so when giving tips you have to make it as simple as possible.. those who really want to know the game and its terminology and all the complexities that come with it will take the time to research and watch and practice.. but when it all breaks down its just not possible to educate EVERYBODY

I understand your opinion and respect it. But the problem isn't as deep as the people who are requesting tips. I KNOW that they aren't in the know. To me, it's the guys who ultimately are giving out the tips that are responsible for knowing their terminology and thus indirectly passing it on to the people who are lazy and want the ebooks. It's a pandemic....
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:18 pm

grimmagician87 wrote:
Zan... I think it would be cool to have a madden "film room" in the game to help educate people on the terminology and concepts in real foot-ball and how they work in the game.. It would be a tutorial of sorts, show the player different D looks, explain their stengths and weaknesses and then show you concepts ( not plays ) to beat the D. You can explain why the purples are called Buzz ( or curl-flats ) , how to read the safetys , and prettymuch any thing else you can think of.. Defensive strategys also.. as passinate as you are I cant think of anyone else.. so I nominate you to be the next Madden Czar of football concepts. It wouldnt be much different than what you do here execpt it would reach all of the madden communinty..

Haha, we will see what the new year has in store. You might be on to something. Haha...I'll be getting a macbook and a hauppage hdpvr, so be ready.

I already write a strategy blog over at C4, so check it out. Good stuff in there.
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:23 pm

I understand your opinion and respect it. But the problem isn't as deep as the people who are requesting tips. I KNOW that they aren't in the know. To me, it's the guys who ultimately are giving out the tips that are responsible for knowing their terminology and thus indirectly passing it on to the people who are lazy and want the ebooks. It's a pandemic....
[/quote]

Oh i agree with the premise of what your saying.. your 100% right.. i just feel that we've gotten to a point now where your just beating a dead horse.. I told you my main problem in the dm i sent you.. and when i spoke about it to the ppl in a post i got jumped all over for it by mostly the same ppl that refuse to put in ANY WORK and just want everything handed to them... And it just proves my point.. we see it every year.. somebody will get enough ebooks, and guides to where they can be successful one year and have ppl thinking they are good when they really dont even know what they are doing... they just know button combinations pre snap to make something happen.. they have no knowledge and the next year they fall off and make NO NOISE WHAT SO EVER.. and i feel like if you need help thats one thing... great.. ask any question.. buy a guide... but you still have to put in the work and understand the concepts or eventually everyone else will catch up... but as i said earlier its like your beating a dead horse b/c ppl are just going to get mad when you say it but at the end of the day i know what it is...
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Haha, we will see what the new year has in store. You might be on to something. Haha...I'll be getting a macbook and a hauppage hdpvr, so be ready.

I already write a strategy blog over at C4, so check it out. Good stuff in there.[/quote]

check your pm zan
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

i agree with relli pretty sure alot of the ppl playing madden have no knowledge of real football or have ever even played..madden is a game and ppl play it as a game you see stuff in madden that you will never see in the nfl so explaing high-low concepts and all of that is pretty useless..the reason fantasy sports are so popular is because ppl that know nothing about sports can play..and thats what you have with madden people dont wanna know why stuff works or how it translates to real life ..they wanna know which play or blitz is gonna help me win
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Bottom line: If you want to get good at EVERY Madden, you need to learn football, or you're going to be inconsistent at best.

Proceed with discussion.
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:17 pm

exactly ppl will learn what the latest setup is to get pressure or beat a zone but take nothing away from the concept of how it works or how it got to that point... all they care about is bottom line... but thats why you see people good for 1 year and terrible the next... no knowledge or concept... they just know individual play setups that will help them win now
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 pm

i would say it helps to know about football but madden is simply too gimmicky to apply most of that knowledge to the game
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 pm

datnodude, i beg to differ.

yeah, contain blitz was gimmicky, but very beatable unless you knew how to scheme your defense behind it...so were slant outs, but very beatable unless you had route combos opposite of it to take pressure off the slant out coverage...it takes knowledge of coverage schemes to know how to defend certain areas of the field...guys couldn't stop slant outs because they didn't know the first thing about coverage rolling, shading, etc...

Last edited by ZAN on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:31 pm

EXACTLY... the problem is too many people get caught up in there opponents game by letting them dictate what to do... in other words ppl now at days rely on certain plays not so much concepts or actual scheming.. so if the opponent cant lock up there 5 or 6 plays they're done..
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 am

datnodude wrote:
i would say it helps to know about football but madden is simply too gimmicky to apply most of that knowledge to the game

madden is really gimmiky i agree

but spacing is something that will always be a factor in madden as it is in real life. If you understand how the spacing of the game works you will always be able to work things out in madden
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 pm

the formation is really what draws me to think about this.

gun flip trips deep fork

streak the deep post over the middle of the field

slant in the far right WR (or drag)
slant in the far left WR (or drag)

still have the flood deep and then have the mesh over the middle of hte field. this will be a nice way to still attack the defense in the middle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side   How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you attack zone over the middle while still being able to keep the bench concept on one side
Page 1 of 1