Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

ROCKET CATCH???

Go down 
+3
ZFarls
sgibs
xHEx DeathAngel
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:44 am

Can someone please help me learn the rocket catch ive been watching the video and i think i have the first two steps down.

1. Press downward and to the right when throwing to x to throw to the post corner route.

2. Click on the WR.

My question is what do i do after this this is what im having trouble on getting the receiver turned around and im not sure when to click on him and do you have to press y or once the animation does it will he just catch it on his own???

ZFarls or Sgibbs, Please help explain this to me?

Thanks,

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

Angel,

Use the right stick... Click on and pull down the exact opposite way that you threw the ball. Ie down and right throw...down and left right stick
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 am

Yes, an absolute feel manuever. You will get 1/100, then 1/10 then 2 in a row, then 4/10. Pull the right stick after. Alot of people here dont hold Y and get the animation, i do but its all a feel aspect.
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 am

Ok thank you, i will try this and get back to you.

Thanks.

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Im doing exactly as you guys are saying but my receiver does not turn around he make the over the top catch and i can not get him to fully turn around no matter what i do.

Help?????

Thanks.

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Hmm, release the bullet pass, click on and really pull back on the right stick. Make a 99 deep pass accuracy QB, and a 7 foot stud reciever. This might help you get the feel easier. Also make sure you smart route the post corner.
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:30 pm

do you have to rotate the right analog stick in a like outward circle because gates turned around i just clicked on him to soon?

Thanks,

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm

never mind thats not working for me anymore he just keeps making the over the head catch
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:37 pm

There is a slight different angle on the right and left. Right its more to say 7:00. to the left its more to the 6:00.

Also make sure you use the d-pad to throw it down and outside.
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Do you float the ball when you throw it to the WR?

Thanks,

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm

no, gotta be a bullet pass
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:47 pm

when are you supposed to click on the WR i do it about two maybe three feet from the red circle, to let you know i am trying to trow to my left side if that would help at all, then as soon as i click on him i pull on the right stick but he still seems to make the over the head catch but i don't know why he will not turn around. Plus im using the Chargers so i have tall WR's.

Thanks,

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Try and pull more towards the inside around 4 or 5 oclock. You want him to turn inside (not towards the sideline, sometime getting the running animation) You can get this, it will come if you practice! I click on early, sgibs a little later. all a feel thing, try earlier.
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 pm

YES I GOT IT! Just got to be able to do it again
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Gates can jump on that lol
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks, ZFarls and Sgibbs, i never though i would get it got it twice now lol
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Keep going, you might lose it for like 10 throws, then you will hit 2 in a row, then 3/10 then all the sudden more! I want 100 to each side before bed everynight for the next 3-5 days. Doctors orders!
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm

lol, ok

thanks,

xHEx DeathAngel
Back to top Go down
General Brown

General Brown

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:18 pm

good talkk up farls. That stud 7 foot receiver and 99 accuracy qb iz a great idea ill probably try it out even tho i can RC already... never hurts to practice more tho.
Back to top Go down
slezy187

slezy187

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Is it just me or is it way easier to RC to the left then to the right?
Back to top Go down
General Brown

General Brown

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

I thought it was easier to Rocket Catch to the right side...
Back to top Go down
slezy187

slezy187

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:54 pm

lol i guess it just about who u are and how you do it.
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

I have noticed that when I am on the right hash it is easier to RC on the right side and vice versa. Has anybody else noticed that RCing to the opposite side of the field takes much longer to develop? Seems that the QB over throws the WR if you don't wait a little bit longer than you would when you RC to the short side of the field.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:12 pm

on long yardage situations the left smart route is different, so not sure if its harder or easier but it can be different. I think I RC'd to the right first but I know what your saying.
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 pm

I have noticed that the left side does run a little bit different of a route and takes a little bit longer to develop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROCKET CATCH??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKET CATCH???   ROCKET CATCH??? Empty

Back to top Go down

ROCKET CATCH???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next