Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

How We Met- The Begining part duex

Go down 
+8
Cochlea
Militant X 1
ZFarls
North_Nj_201
yovani13
dsciara21
DABEAST7194
sgibs
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

How We Met- The Begining part duex Empty
PostSubject: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:35 pm

“The Beginning”

Freshman year of College started out with a fury. Parties to the left, parties to the right, you’re not the only party going on tonight! I think Jimmy Buffet may have even been at a few of those parties. I participated in every single social event that I could find. I wanted to meet as many people as I could and have the time of my life in the process. The only problem in all this fraternizing was that my Madden 05 game was beginning to take a SERIOUS beating. Luckily for me I had serious competitor to help me maintain focus, Coach Ed.

One brisk foggy night (it was 85 and sunny, get it, I was intoxicated…heavily) I was getting my final reps in for the evening before heading out to a campus wide Texas Hold Em’ Poker tournament. Not only was I the best Madden player on campus I was also the best poker player as well. Or so I thought. As I sat down at the table with Coach Ed we went in with a plan and had certain code phrases to help aid each other to victory. Things were going great, chips were ranking in, Madden matches were being scheduled, and of course the competition began to dwindle. The final table was finally set and we had a brief intermission.

“How you feelin’ Gibs?” Ed said.

“Fuckin’ phenomenal, I think one of us is going to take this. I heard a few kids talking about Madden as well. Little do they know…” I shouted.

“Settle Gibs, settle. We need to focus, Don’t screw this up, the winner gets a FREE DVD player. I just bought Caddy Shack and I need that DVD player to help me swoon the ladies.” Ed replied.

“What girl would want to WATCH caddy shack?” I questioned.

“E-x-a-c-t-l-y” Ed said.

Once the final cards begun to be dealt Ed was hit with an unfortunate bad beat and was the first taken out at the final table. He was so angered by this beat he didn’t even stay to coach me through to the end. I was on my own from here on out. I had lost my luster, I lost my chip on my shoulder, and I lost my 99 swag. During the rigors of a poker game almost anything and everything is talked about and unfortunately I was stuck at the table with your typical "lax bro". He went by the name of Joe. He was a serious fuckwad and had a weird obsession with buffalo chicken calzones. If there was one person that I knew I was going to hate for the rest of college it was this guy.

I remember that final hand like it was yesterday. I was dealt pocket 8’s, pocket snowmen if you will. The flop came and I hit a 8 and two Kings.

“All IN!” I screamed.

“That’s what she said.” Joe replied.

“Seriously?” I said.

I had a grin the size of the Mississippi. Not only was I going to make it down to the final three but I was going to take Joe out of the tournament as well. The turn came and it was another 8. Game set and RIVER. The river came and went and it was another King. We both flipped over our hands and I was prepared to “do the dance” when my jaw nearly hit the floor. Joe was doin’ the dance instead, he had a King in his hand. He hit his 1 outter, he beat me, he knocked me out of the tournament. I told him his butt stunk and to suck it and went back and told Ed about what happened and he made sure to help me focus back on my Madden game, that’s all that mattered.

Fast forward one year later…

BANG, BANG, BANG! Not only was I just fucking interrupted during my mid after-fucking-noon nap, but it was my nap that I scheduled during the fucking class that I just fucking skipped. I was fucking pissed. I was awakened to realize that I had left Boy Meets World Season 3 on as well. Call it what you will but Cory Mathews is the sh!t and Shawn Hunter is bad ***, speaking of ass…Topanga Lawrence anyone? As I stumbled over to the door I was not prepared for what was about to happen. What I experienced next was going to change my life, forever.

“What’s up Ed.” I groaned.

“Nothing man, I got someone here who wants to learn THE SCHEME…” he said.

“Joe...” I muttered

“Nah, call me Zfarls.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
DABEAST7194

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 pm

AWWWWW HOW SWEET OF YOU TWO!!!!
Back to top Go down
dsciara21

dsciara21

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:46 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
yovani13

yovani13

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:04 am

wow...u worked really hard on this story..

its even grammatically correct and sh!t!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
North_Nj_201

North_Nj_201

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 am

Buffalo chicken calzones? Is it a Boston thing or something? Like the Philly cheese steak of Boston? Question
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 am

I guess buffalo chicken is a north east region food mainly (created in buffalo and mostly popular here)

Calzone should be popular in alot of places, but putting the two together probably started like 10 years ago? now everyone is doing it around here, not sure about its regional spread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 am

touching story! makes you want to.... Sad Sad lol!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Cochlea

Cochlea

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 am

So which was a worse beat... Quad Kings, or Mike Wright?
Back to top Go down
snaponic

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 am

i had that same poker story happen to me except i had 7s and he had 8s for big money i was sooo mad
Back to top Go down
Favre

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:07 pm

How We Met- The Begining part duex Fu6gyx
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

I read both of ur meetings thing and i have never fucking laughed any harder lol
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Funny stuff. And now the rest is history!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How We Met- The Begining part duex   How We Met- The Begining part duex Empty

Back to top Go down

How We Met- The Begining part duex
Page 1 of 1