Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Weight Might Play A Part

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chimpy_Nuts

Chimpy_Nuts

Weight Might Play A Part Empty
PostSubject: Weight Might Play A Part   Weight Might Play A Part EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 am

It all started with me having Ray Rice and Jason Witten on my Online Franchise team.

Ray Rice - 84 Strength - 77 Truck - 205lbs
Jason Witten - 73 Strength - 78 Truck - 263lbs

I always thought it was strange that Witten would sometimes fight for them extra yards by either carrying defenders or stumbling forward but Rice on the other hand goes down whenever tackled. Right off the bat that tells me strength plays little to no part.

I then created 2 HBs identical in ratings. Both 5'11, both 95 truck, 95 speed etc... Both also had 12 strength. The only difference was one was 180lbs and the other was 280lbs.

I then tested them out. I tried the 280 HB first and on only around 15 carries he stumbled forward or carried defenders a few times. The 180 HB had over 30 carries though and not once did the defense struggle to bring him down.

I have always thought weight played no part at all but after these little tests I am starting to think otherwise.

Anyway I thought what I found out was interesting so figured I would put on here.

Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

Weight Might Play A Part Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Might Play A Part   Weight Might Play A Part EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:36 am

great stuff ive noticed the same thing quite a few times with my running backs in detroit best will go down quite easily but the bigger guys always seem to get that extra 2-3 yards
Back to top Go down

Weight Might Play A Part
Page 1 of 1