Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?

Go down 
+3
UseRPicK101
steelersfan0023
Geordaigs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? Empty
PostSubject: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:41 am

I normally play the 3-4 but i was wanting to give the 46 a shot for a few weeks and see how it goes.
If nothing else to learn a few weaknesses (the formation my mate always uses)

Not really sure whats the best way to setup the Cowboys so just throwing it out there for discussion.

At the minute i am setup like this...

RE... Ware
LE... Butler

DT...Ratliff
DT...Olshansky

SLB...Williams
WLB...Spencer

CB Jenkins
CB Owusu-Ansah

FS...Ball

For now i come out in the zone blitz and audble from that.... but this is probably way off.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan0023

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:31 pm

I would newman at CB and user owusu at FS move Ball to SS, and switch spencer and butler
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:35 pm

move spencer to LE and put Lee at WLB. Lee has 83 speed with 80+ tackle
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:33 am

Cool cheers guys will give suggestions a blast and see how it goes.

G
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm

WARE is a BeAsT, he just got 3 sacks for me in my last match, Acc 97 is really handy
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Well the 46 is gonna be REALLL tough if you only have 9 players on the field Razz where is Newman? Scandrick?

Never, EVER, EVER put beast OLBs, like Ware, Dumervil, Harrison, at DE.. It's just gonna waste your time.. Now you can put OLBs like Kamerion Wimbley.. he's 79 speed, 84 OVR OLB.. but at DE he's 97 OVR.. you can do that.. but don't waste talent like Ware/Harrison/Dumervil on the line.. That's too much speed at LB to pass up..

I would definitely use speed package.

This is what my depth chart would look like if I used the Cowboys with Speed Pack:

DEs: Butler, Spencer
DTs: Ratliff, Olshansky [Only because he has 85 pmw.. so slowww Sad]

MLB: Ware, Williams, Lee, James

CB: Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, Ball, Sensabaugh

FS: Owusu-Ansah

SS: McCray

Okay.. my reasoning behind this setup..

Both DEs are fast for DE.. plus Spencer has great OVR at DE
Both DTs are the highest OVR guys.. You want high PMV or FMV at DT.

MLBs.. Ware is the best of them all.. Williams is in there so when Ware gets tired, Lee is just for even more backup..

CB1 and CB2 are on the outside.. they cover WRs.. They are the best two CBs.. fine with me..

CB3 and CB4.. CB3 is the left of screen OLB.. he will usually always cover a RB in most standard formations.. you just want speed + mcv here.. height won't matter.. most RBs are just 5'11" Now CB4.. You may ask me.. why not Owusu? Well here's why.. CB4 is the right of screen OLB.. He will cover TEs.. you want speed+height when it comes to covering some of the best TEs in the game.. Ball is 6'1".. That 1" matters.. You want the taller guy to be covering TEs..

Safeties.. With my main 46 nano.. I wouldn't even call it a nano.. It blitzes 4.. I can do anything I want with the right of screen DE.. well anyway... The SS is the person that blitzes.. I want an SS that has great tackle.. I want him to be fast too.. but I also want my FS to be the guy I user.. I user my FS on every play.. Owusu is Pat Watkins replacement.. I will user him.. while having McCray as the blitzer..

I don't know if you saw that post where I said don't put a beast OLB at DE Rolling Eyes .. but I am going to probably totally go against it...

Okay.. I would do the exact setup as I showed above, except instead of Ware at MLB.. I would have him at DE, replacing Butler of course.. JWilliams will replace Ware.. Jason Williams is faster than Ware.. and he also has better man coverage than ware.. [69 MCV] I would probably do that ONLY to get the most athletes on the field.. This is one of the few cases where I would approve of putting a high class OLB at DE..

The Cowboys are very flexible when it comes to the 46 with the Speed package.. You could actually use the Speed package, but just manually sub in Jason Williams for the right of screen OLB.. Alan Ball/Jason Williams are almost identical when it comes to height, speed, accel, and mcv.. Ball has 6 more accel.. 1 pt higher mcv.. That accel will definitely help, but if you just like more beef on the field, you can go with Williams.

Btw.. my main nano:

46 2 Man Under [Flip play]
Take left of screen safety and blitz him.
Put the safety in the left B-gap
Put right of screen DE in any coverage.. user him if you like..

I like to user the FS but you can user the right DE if you like.. it's probably more efficient..
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Cowboys 4-6
Dont use the speed package man. use the regular 4-6.

DT-Igor
DT2-Ratliff
LE-Spencer
RE-Butler

MLB- James
ROLB-Ware
LOLB-Williams

CB1-Mike Jenkins
CB2-Owusu
SS-Newman

FS(User) Ball/McCray/Scandrick.

Everyone else like Sensasuck and Sean Lee ands Brooking are back ups.
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:28 am

4-6 speed package
re ware
dt ratliff
dt igor
le soencer

mlb jason williams

cb1 jenkins
cb2 owusu
cb3 scandrick
cb4 ball is really at the lolb position

fs mc cray
ss newman

reasoning

ware and spencer for heat and get for run d with contains stops tosses outside runs
dt good run d and can even get sacks

mlb jason williams covers like no other

cb2 owusu good press newmans 60 was not cutting it
cb4 like him covering te and rb and slots over sensaslowguywithbadmancoverage lol

fs mc cray like to user him over ball, gets the most out of this player
ss newman blitz him alot 97 speed 97 acc can you say fast blitz

best way to go i think, some will disagree with newman used to have mccray blitzing newmans +10 speed and acc works wonders
Back to top Go down
Dalton Big D

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:30 am

oh and yeah i do the same play as wang got a few different nanos tho
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:47 am

good point Wang ....SS was Sensabaugh btw Embarassed

Anyways havent got hang of the 46 D as yet.....played online with it last week and again against my mates with it on Wednesday.......just not working for me, getting my butt handed to me using it.....mostly.

Reverted back to the 3-4 and all is good in the world again.

I know the D is sound.....just doesnt seem to suit me.....will continue to practice with it though to try and get a feel for it.

I may try labbing it at some point with a MB community 46 baller, though timezones and maybe a little lagg with living across the pond hinders me from doing that.

Anyways cheers for the pointers guys as always

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?   Cowboys 46 Depth Chart? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboys 46 Depth Chart?
Page 1 of 1