Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)

Go down 
+16
randers
Mister610
abdaninja
kamikazefireball
WFColonel56
ZAN
Tru Statement
SaintsG0Marchin'In
sgibs
Jeter
Drama
Ant1010
bahdbwoy
Ryker3
INSTA-H3AT
finfever
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) Empty
PostSubject: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:33 am

I was just messing around in practice mode, and came across something very interesting. Idk if it has been out there and talked about yet, but I havent heard of it so im just gonna post what I found. I was labbing how to beat every single type of zone. So I had a cover 4 with purples and flat zones, and 3 yellow zones over the middle. Pretty much a F@G D, but I wanted to treat it like it still had a pass rush as well, so no matter what zone they threw at me, cover 2 3 or 4, I would be able to beat it.

-anyway thats beside the point. I was coming out in snugs bench switch, so I could have a deep corner route. I also wanted to have a stick route, but since the play didnt offer one, I decided to create my own. So I put a reciever on the right on a drag route, then I motioned him over to create a stick route. But when I did this I noticed something. The cornerback in the flat zone gets completely sucked in. I have no clue why, but they do. I think it was something to do with the slight movement forward before they break to the sideline, unlike the stick route that directly goes to the sideline. Anyway, like I said, the corner gets sucked in and you usually have about 3-5 yard seperation to make a pass lead to the sideline throw and then turn it up field and pick up some yardage. I even put 3 flat routes on one side and slide them all over as far as I could. They all get sucked in and it is an easy pass for about 10 yards and a lot of the times more when you have a speedy receiver that could cut it up field and an accurate QB.

-I did have a little more trouble throwing this to the right compared to the left. Im not sure why. .......I even threw it as Asomugha(94 zone coverage, 6'2'') and he couldn't even make a play.

-Another thing I noticed is the motioned over drag route also sucks down different zone coverages even when you have a flat zone, because i think the computer recognizes the flat zone cant cover it. So like a purple zone or even a yellow zone that is to the far to the sideline will get sucked down with the drag, making it easier to hit the deep corner routes after the patch.

-This isnt 100% effective. The corner will jump up crazy high and make a swat sometimes, and even a pick now and then, but the seperation is there. You will notice it if you go try it. Running this to the open side of the field is a lot easier because the drag route as more room to run horizontal before it hits the sideline.

-So let me know what you think. If this is already out there and talked about, my bad haha. but I havent heard of it. Just trying to give a little back to the community for all the help i have received.

-
Back to top Go down
INSTA-H3AT

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 am

Appreciate the effort but the snugs scheme is universally known. Cowboy in, stick, and Mesh along with some slant outs has been around for quite some time. People have figured out how to user it, still hard to stop though.
Back to top Go down
Ryker3

Ryker3

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 am

INSTA-H3AT: He isnt talking about generic stick routes... He's talking about motioning a drag across to the other side of center.
Back to top Go down
INSTA-H3AT

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:25 am

Ah thats my bad i was just skimming.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:49 am

Ya. I found the counter to it already though. As the flat zone does get dragged in, the purple zone however does not, and plays the route very well. But I always run a deep corner on the same side as the motion drag, so if the purple goes and plays my flat(which it will) then I will just hit the corner route. But if they are in a cover 4 with purples then it totally beats it because the motion drag is covered and the deep corner is as well. But if they do this(which they will have to stop it) then I will just quick snap a stick route or just go over the middle since there are one 2 yellow zones.
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:18 am

As seen on another site
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:46 am

I go to one site and one site only
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:36 am

Dnt mention stuff like this, its already sad how drags are a lot a staples of offenses. Do u want last year to happenen all over again
Back to top Go down
INSTA-H3AT

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:59 am

most of this is just stuff circulating tgl forums and other madden sites. nothing to be to worried about id say
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:24 am

to counter all of those flat type routes like stick and what not you have to do your defensive assignments so your defensive back do not switch up their manned assignments
Back to top Go down
Jeter

Jeter

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:31 am

^^^

Drama...

explain lol
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:43 am

in order for your defensive backs to not switch assignments on stick and other flat routes you must go to your defensive assignments and assign your defensive backs to his starting wide receivers so then when he does 2 streaks and 2 stick routes no one will get crossed up because they wont be confused as to who they have to guard
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:49 am

46man d.. Back cov up.. 2 will drop back and no switch will happen
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:53 am

but when you do that you leave drags wide open over the middle of the field
Back to top Go down
Jeter

Jeter

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:11 am

So drama, you pause the game and go in to defensive assignments??? If so gg to nation.....

ur a life saver
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 am

yes Jeter that is where your defensive assignments are lol.. but im surprised a lot of people didnt know this already but its good to know that now you guys do
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:02 am

you dont even have to go that in depth as far as defensive assignements! 46 inside blitz - show blitz and then send coverage deep!

but everyone should try out both these looks!

GREAT tip Drama!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:42 am

Drama wrote:
in order for your defensive backs to not switch assignments on stick and other flat routes you must go to your defensive assignments and assign your defensive backs to his starting wide receivers so then when he does 2 streaks and 2 stick routes no one will get crossed up because they wont be confused as to who they have to guard

I thought the patch fixed that... I know after the patch dropped I ran stick in practice mode and the flats were all but gone vs man, I don't think I was imagining it but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 pm

^No stick is still there, sadly

Funny how a play called stick takes 0 stick to run

Anyhow, Drama is right about defensive assignments and the defenders not switching if you do defensive assignment but its pretty easy to tell if someone has defensive assignment on once you're out of snugs flip and at that point is very easy to exploit.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Jeter, this has been out for a minute. Hit me up (PRIVATELY) and I'll do you one better, fam.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm

JUST A PET PEEVE (SORRY)

We need to get our lingo correct, folks. The flat route in stick is NOT a "stick" route.

That 2 yard curl is known as a stick route. Everyone who runs stick gets rid of the "stick" routes and puts in streaks, instead.

Flat routes are called...well...flat routes....or broken arrows if they have any depth to them...
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 pm

ZAN wrote:
JUST A PET PEEVE (SORRY)

We need to get our lingo correct, folks. The flat route in stick is NOT a "stick" route.

That 2 yard curl is known as a stick route. Everyone who runs stick gets rid of the "stick" routes and puts in streaks, instead.

Flat routes are called...well...flat routes....or broken arrows if they have any depth to them...
i been wanting to say this for a lil min lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:48 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
ZAN wrote:
JUST A PET PEEVE (SORRY)

i been wanting to say this for a lil min lol

Haha this! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Definitely a pet peeve for me too. If people are gonna run the same play the entire game, they need to know what it is lol.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Haha this kinda got off topic of my post and no one really commented on it. Did anyone try this and see what I see? The flat route gets sucked in?
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:36 pm

i dont even get this ?? do u mean drag ur slots and motion out or motion put him on a drag on the other side and motion hi back so drag is a flat zone ? if thats so thats a waste of time corner and gos and wheel switch ,bench swap are the best plays outta snugs IMO oh yeah and wr IN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)   exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag) Empty

Back to top Go down

exploiting the flats in madden 11? could it be? (the motion drag)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next