Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Can someone help me ID this blitz?

Go down 
+2
WasItTehChad
kamikazefireball
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

Can someone help me ID this blitz? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 am

So I decided to play a ranked game against some guy with a sketchy record (370ish wins, yes I know HORRIBLE idea) and of course he runs this spy glitch type blitz the whole game. I pretty much was just letting him sack me so I could try to figure out what it was lol. The pressure was absolutely ridiculous and the worst part was that any run that wasn't a toss he would be in the backfield as I was handing the ball off and would tackle me immediately so running wasn't really an option. Here's what I've been able to figure out:

-It's Dime
-He shifts his line to the left
-He users the DE on the left of the screen and he somehow managed to get Branch there
-He stands off to the right about 4 yards off the LOS
-Branch accelerates like Usain Bolt and is instantly in the backfield

You can see that the slot corners are also blitzing so I am suspecting it is DB Blitz or something but I haven't been able to recreate it where the LG gets sucked to the outside creating a huge hole to blitz through. I can't recreate the crazy acceleration either. The video I was able to get isn't the best because he actually misses the initial tackle on these occasions but trust me, I could barely hike throw and I couldn't run the ball unless I tossed it.

It would obviously be illegal in any official tournament setting but nevertheless, does anybody have any idea what it is? I'm sure everyone has come across this garbage at one point or another. Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iGopnLPY-U
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:24 am

what he does is put Branch at LB and then LB pass rush

but there are some defensive assigments that act like a watered down version of a spy blitz..

imo dont worry about it, manually rushing is banned in a lot of tournaments/leagues..

Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 am

its doesnt look like an illegal play hes sending 6 ppl at yu need to quick pass yu have enough time to do that
Back to top Go down
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:31 am

I'm not worried about it I'm just curious exactly what it was. It was effective as hell against the run too which kinda sucked. At least you could run on the spy glitch. People that feel the need to rack up hundreds of meaningless wins by glitching make me smh. But I guess dc glitching is definitely worse.
Back to top Go down
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:33 am

Trust me I barely had time to quick pass with Branch's speed combined with the auto-dropback. And he would not do it once in while to bait me into quick passing into coverage. But it really doesn't matter because as Chad said ANY manual rush is illegal in a legit setting.
Back to top Go down
Ryker3

Ryker3

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:28 am

Play looks like Db Blitz. He is changing the defensive assignment that Branch is on. The crazy acceleration he is getting is due to a turbo blitz.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 am

iswaggnificent wrote:
its doesnt look like an illegal play hes sending 6 ppl at yu need to quick pass yu have enough time to do that

What's illegal is that many leagues/tournaments don't allow manual rushing through gaps.
Back to top Go down
MisterMazin

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am

probably DB Dogs.
Nothing special though, its just 6 pass rushers on 5 blockers.Theres going to be a whole somewhere, and he figured out how to make it in the a gap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me ID this blitz?   Can someone help me ID this blitz? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone help me ID this blitz?
Page 1 of 1