Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Custom Playbooks

Go down 
+4
BuckNut4eva
black udder
Sir Funk
jray511
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jray511

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Has anybody tried setting up the audibles for the custom playbooks. I have gotten it to work for the Dal PB but when I try Atl or Ari it doesn't work for me. I get each PB down to a total of 39 plays put my first audible make it the number 1 play for every situation. Then I delete the remaining plays I can and I go back and put my other 4 audibles in. When I save it and go to practice I only get 3 out of my 5 audibles. I already had this work on Dal so I was wondering why it isn't working on ATL or ARI.

I would love some feedback.
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:49 am

I think it only works for certain playbooks, like the DAL playbook.

I haven't been able to get it to work myself, at all though. I choose Dallas' playbook, erase everything I can, add my first audible and set it up as the number 1 play in each scenario in my gameplan. I then delete the rest of the plays and finally select the 4 other audibles I want.

When I load it up in Practice my audibles are 4 copies of my first audible and then the PA play that you can't delete.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, but something is amiss. Anyone have any luck with this recently?
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 am

i get the same think sir funk
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 am

I have only tried Baltimores book other than dallas, because i wanted "tight shakes" in my playbook from singleback normal flex, its the hidden formation in baltimore....

took me forever to get my audibles right and the same thing was happening as you guys are describing, i found a way around it though.....

after deleting all plays, go to your gameplan, and look at the situational plays in 1st down, 2nd down 3rd down so forth...

there will still be 3 or 4 plays for every situation, you need to delete all those plays, now when you start deleting all those plays it will force you to keep one play for every situation, make sure you choose the same play to keep in at every situation, and rate it as low as you can....

after doing this go select your 5 audibles and rate them at 4 stars or better each.....save playbook and this should fix it ....

it did for me and i was having same problem, but i used baltimore book and got it to work
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:45 pm

I had done the situation stuff, but had not altered the ratings. I'll give it a shot. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:35 pm

I was having a problem with the dal custom pb. I got all the 5 audibles that I wanted; I added the quick toss and then the counter wk (both from strong close), but the counter weak was also my formation audible even after I added the dive from sc in. Do you have to add the counter before you add the toss?
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 am

I just got it to work finally, the only thing I did differently was I rated my first audible to 1/2 a star and made sure there were no other plays at all in the gameplan (I just copied and pasted to all situations).

That seemed to have done the trick!
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:20 pm

I got audibles, but my first is still the PA that has to be there. How do you not have the PA in your audibles? I rated it as 0 starts and then my others as more starts in the gameplan.
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Not sure what causes that particular issue.

For me the key was having only ONE play in my gameplan for every situation and have that rated as low as possible.

Hopefully they patch it soon so we don't have to ghetto rig anything, but what can you do
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:31 pm

was that one play the PA or something else? I know Sgibs had said pick another play. Does it matter what formation your audibles are from? Or the starting one?
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:39 pm

just can't get it to work...ratings or no, I'm stuck with PA or other plays I don't control. What a great idea implemented in the worst way.
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 pm

It was not the PA play. It was the Bench play out of the Shotgun Tight formation. I tried it before with Strong Close Counter Weak before and it did not work with that as the first audible, so maybe it does depend on what play you choose as your first audible, idk.

It sucks to have to dick around so much with it, but when you get it to work it's awesome having your own audibles with your own playbook!
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:24 am

On ps3 what book works for offensive custom playbook. I know I didn't get my defensive fixed until Gibbs said use carolina on PS3. I couldn't get any thing else to work until I tried Carolina. So I am guessing same is true for offensive. I tried dallas and it din not work for me.
Back to top Go down
n3tz0mb13

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:21 am

HEY GUYS...I GOT YOU... ok first all u got to do is start deleting everything when u run into a play u cant- hit square(ps3) and change the rating for the gameplan to 0 stars and then delete right then like verything else...once every play is gone (but the PA) start adding plays(ur 5) and as u pick each 1 go ahead and rate it 5stars (just for 1st down)...when u get done copy all five plays to every situation...save...Bingo b!tch
Back to top Go down
n3tz0mb13

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 am

i used LIONS, Vikings, and i think pass balanced 4 the base plybooks
Back to top Go down
gilly05

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 am

Can you use custom playbooks online for Defense. I dont care about the audibling thing. If so, what playbook do you start out as. I want to have the 46 and 5-2 formations thats y i want to make a book
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah, if you don't care about the audible thing then go ahead and pick any playbook it's fine.

But otherwise use the Carolina playbook in order to set your audibles on Defense
Back to top Go down
gilly05

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Do I have to delete all the plays like gibs did in his offensive playbook to do the audibles?
Back to top Go down
Sir Funk

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes, it's just the same for defense.

If it doesn't work when you do it exactly like in the Video, then read my tips I gave earlier in the thread.
Back to top Go down
gilly05

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Thank you funk. You were a big help today.
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:49 am

Yeah thanks I got it to work now i am fighting with the audibles
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 pm

anybody have the problem of only having kick return 2 in the kickoff return game with a custom D book?
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:36 pm

black udder wrote:
anybody have the problem of only having kick return 2 in the kickoff return game with a custom D book?

You will not get that if you use the panthers as the base book to create off of.
Back to top Go down
black udder

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 pm

then why would you use the panthers? You can't setup for an onside kick... or return a "normal" single man return. What's the benefit of the panthers book? I used it because one of the threads suggested it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks   Custom Playbooks Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Playbooks
Page 1 of 1