Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Custom playbooks......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
typhoon

typhoon

Custom playbooks...... Empty
PostSubject: Custom playbooks......   Custom playbooks...... EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 am

Is it worth the trouble to create? And is there a significant advantage to utilizing it?
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Custom playbooks......   Custom playbooks...... EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 pm

its not really trouble creating one imo

and yes there can be an advantage if the book is put together well
Back to top Go down
GAV

GAV

PostSubject: Re: Custom playbooks......   Custom playbooks...... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:35 am

Suggestions for creating a good book...

Erase every game plan play but one and copy and paste it to every scenario so there is only one play in your game LAN. Then, erase every play in the book except that one play and four others. Now, save it and those five plays will lock in as your five audibles.

Use a base book that does not have the formations you plan on putting into it. That way you can sort of control your form audibles. Just don't add any plays you don't want as form audibles. Once you add a play, if it is chosen as a form audible - if you take it out, it will leave an empty spot in your form audibles. As long as your patient though, it gives you control over your form aubibles. For instance, the CPU recognizes screens as PA - so if you add no true PA plays, you will have a screen as your PA form audible in that set. It also gives you reason to add a few sets where you only have a few plays. For instance, if a draw is your only run out of a certain set - it will be your run form audible by default. If you add in a set that was already in the default book than it already has form audibles set for that set. So, be sure to have these plays in so you don't have holes in your form audibles. This is why it's better to not use a playbook with your favorite sets because you can create the set better from scratch.

Lastly, set your play books as default play books in your settings. If you set them to custom play books, you will get booted from online games before the team select screen, you can switch your play books to your custom ones without an issue. I think the game tries to read the roster and the play books at the same time if you have custom play books selected before the team selection screen and it boots you from EA's servers.
Back to top Go down
Chicago Seven

PostSubject: Re: Custom playbooks......   Custom playbooks...... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:18 am

GAV wrote:

Lastly, set your play books as default play books in your settings. If you set them to custom play books, you will get booted from online games before the team select screen, you can switch your play books to your custom ones without an issue. I think the game tries to read the roster and the play books at the same time if you have custom play books selected before the team selection screen and it boots you from EA's servers.

You mean select your custom PB as your team playbook in MY SETTINGS?

I haven't noticed any difference with setting formation audibles whether is set is or isn't in the base book. Either way, you just have to kind of figure out what the CPU considers a short, deep or PA pass. Almost any run can be set as the run form aud as far as I can tell. It gets tricky when you have to set your audibles first, then figure out the form auds ... it's frustrating to find one of your auds popping up as the form aud. But with a little patience and planning, you can get around 99% of that.

One thing I did notice is that certain plays will affect where other plays can or can't go. For instance, in Strong I Normal, there was a PA play I wanted as my Quick Audible, but it would erase the deep pass play I wanted. I finally found another PA play and that fixed the problem.

I'd also recommend saving your custom book in progress along the way ... that way you can get back to when things were working right before and weirdness began. And definitely save the base audible set book ... you can change an audible and rebuild from there if necessary.
Back to top Go down
GAV

GAV

PostSubject: Re: Custom playbooks......   Custom playbooks...... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:54 am

Chicago Seven wrote:
GAV wrote:

You mean select your custom PB as your team playbook in MY SETTINGS?

No. I mean select a regular book as your playbook in settings, then switch to your created book or books at the playcall screen. This fixes the desync issue that boots players from the EA servers when they try to get in an online game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom playbooks......   Custom playbooks...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom playbooks......
Page 1 of 1