Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

TWIM Show 18 Mailbag

Go down 
+14
matthewxy1
mp
ramathorn
sgibs
lilron187
maddenman123
xXPass THEstixsXx
ZFarls
Frunkis
2020_ht
ERZ
Militant X 1
SpringField
Stock1528
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stock1528

TWIM Show 18 Mailbag Empty
PostSubject: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:51 pm

1)Who are the 5 best RCing WR's in Madden?

2)What are the 5 best RCing teams in Madden?

3)What are some 3-4 plays with similar setups to sting pinch and sing pinch zone, that get outside pressure?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SpringField

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Stock , I can help you with your question.

My question is,,

What other plays in the Balanced playbook can help me build a scheme??

& I run a goalline scheme too, but I don't run it all game.. What plays do you use besides the cover 3 .
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Stock....i just labbed up the 3-4 Over: Weak Blitz

A-gap Heat:

-Pinch the D-line
-Blitz the DT
-Blitz the RILB (left of screen)....stack in the A-gap
-Blitz the RDE (left of screen)
-Blitz the ROLB (left of screen)...stack just outside of the LT (left of screen)

the MLB should come in from the left "A" gap. so this is nice to confuse the offense looking for the heat through the right "A" gap. BUT....what i like about it...is the fact that witha slight adjustment (that still looks the same) it can also generate that "outside" heat as well!

Outside Heat:

-Pinch the D-line
-Blitz the DT
-Blitz the RILB (let of screen) stack him over the LG
-Blitz the RDE (left of screen)
-Blitz both OLBs...but stack the ROLB (left of screen) closer to the OT.

the ROLB should come flying in off the edge! this is now a 6-man rush! lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 pm

^^sorry for posting this in the wrong spot. just realize it!

mail-bag question:

-could you guys show me a Gun: Tight scheme (i.e. who to motion each time, and hot-routes etc.) out of the Ravens playbook?

-Mili
Back to top Go down
ERZ
Admin
ERZ

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:42 pm

mail-bag question:

- could you guys show us some plays or a small scheme from full house wide(sgibs)

- and for zfarls show a famous reenactment of your play to jackson to seal the deal.

- BG
Back to top Go down
2020_ht

2020_ht

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 pm

I have two questions to ask

1.) What 5 teams have the best secondary?

2.) What 5 teams have the best WRs?

(Of course I mean in Madden)

Maybe question 1 could be done this week, and question 2 next week.
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey, just registered. I stumbled across the TWIM shows and found them to be great. There used to be a site called sportsgamer that would occasional put up madden tips or play breakdowns that I liked checking out. Unfortunately it went down for whatever reason. I have no interest in buying someone's ebook since I like to figure out my own strategies but I just get some entertainment out of checking out what other people are doing and occasionally picking up some information to incorporate into my own gameplan. Nothing better than finding value in some play that you've always overlooked in your playbook.

For example, I never noticed that route that beats bump coverage. You guys called it a "stick" route (which is actually the short curl the TE runs). It's like a post or corner route with a little wiggle at the bottom. I absolutely burned some guy in the redzone who kept calling bump and run with the jets.

I have a small suggestion. Overall the presentation is very nice but please consider removing the music bed in the background. You guys are interesting and a music bed isn't necessary to keep people's attention. Music beds are what uninteresting radio people use to distract the audience from the fact that they're boring and have nothing of value to say. That definitely doesn't describe you guys.

Anyway, my question is...

Do you know of any creative ways to use the 4-4? I basically only run it for the crash 3 A gap blitz and cover 2 invert. I like the cover 2 against obvious runs and in the redzone(shade safeties to the outside and patrol middle). Any strange blitzes or coverages I can use to confuse an opponent?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:52 pm

thanks for the feedback on the music bed! I will let the producer know to leave that off.

Thanks for the question and we will hit it up on TWIM 18 on thursday.

-Z
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:10 am

ZFarls wrote:
thanks for the feedback on the music bed! I will let the producer know to leave that off.

Thanks for the question and we will hit it up on TWIM 18 on thursday.

-Z

everyone is different and views things differently. the music bed is fine imo! and i agree with Frunkis, you guys are definately not boring however, the music bed allows your show to flow smoothly. just my 2 cents.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Our producer likes to do that on the sports show I work for. I think he has been having trouble with the volume though as sometimes it can bump out the sound. I'll check it out and see what it sounds like. Its kind of a random song though and I will review it. All feedback is encouraged!

Im gonna use the teleprompter next week so I wont stutter the opening, tech ftw!
Back to top Go down
xXPass THEstixsXx

xXPass THEstixsXx

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 pm

whats up mb?

im with big game up there....i would love to see a passing play to beat man and zone out of fullhouse. i know ur coming out with that ebook soon...but if u could just throw us an example it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:50 pm

PA middle is nice out of full house. Smart route B and he's usually open. Either wheel route may be open as well. The dig route is a last resort. You can get tricky by moving around the FB or TE to make it look like your other runs.
Back to top Go down
ERZ
Admin
ERZ

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 pm

true. on almost every play in the fullhouse i motion the left rb/fb (which ever you consider him) to the right and snap when he gets right past the center. I have used some of the pa passing plays but i still need to lab to see what i can find.
Back to top Go down
maddenman123

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 am

I wanted to see if you guys can do a demonstration on how to user effectively in coverage situations. Let's say your opponent has been attacking the deep middle or deep corners , and it's 3rd down 7+ yds to go. I would like to know where to position my guy and what guy to use. Maybe as a Mlb or fs/ss. Especially against high powered offenses(Saints,Colts,Vikings) I run with the Ravens, it would be cool if you can use them. I know there's many topics abut usering but no demos. It would be nice to actually see it live. Thanks. You guys guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
xXPass THEstixsXx

xXPass THEstixsXx

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:13 am

maddenman123 wrote:
I wanted to see if you guys can do a demonstration on how to user effectively in coverage situations. Let's say your opponent has been attacking the deep middle or deep corners , and it's 3rd down 7+ yds to go. I would like to know where to position my guy and what guy to use. Maybe as a Mlb or fs/ss. Especially against high powered offenses(Saints,Colts,Vikings) I run with the Ravens, it would be cool if you can use them. I know there's many topics abut usering but no demos. It would be nice to actually see it live. Thanks. You guys guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.

thats a good one
Back to top Go down
lilron187

PostSubject: help with avoiding the dreaded hit stick ?   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 pm

hey guys new to the site but what are some ways to avoid being hit sticked. Ive been in games were my guys would get hit sticked and fumble and it has cost me the game and also some time it feels like ur pulled right into it so some tips to avoid it would be nice thanks.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 pm

very good question lilron187! hopefully gibs knows cause i seemed to be getting jacked up alot lately.
Back to top Go down
ERZ
Admin
ERZ

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 pm

agreed..i feel the same way. i try to get out of bounds if close to it, or hold rb lol
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 pm

lilron i got you covered for tomorrows show!
Back to top Go down
ramathorn

ramathorn

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 pm

I'll echo the questions about usering on defence and avoiding the hit stick. Also, I don't know if it's been done in the past but an intro to RCing for Madden noobs would be awesome, just something to get me started so I can practice them because text explanations is not doing it for me.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show!
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:36 pm

I have the habit of holding R1 for the PS3 if I know I am going to be tackled. This makes the ball carrier "tuck" the ball and reduces the chances of a fumble by a ton!
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 pm

We have a really good rocket catching segment planned tomorrow! To go along with the balanced guide!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:47 am

2morrow's show should be nice. looking forward to it!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:15 am

Gibs in our lab you ran a few plays from the gun y-trips wk formation. Are those in the guide and if not can you give a scheme from that set?

Also what personnel are best suited for the goalline scheme? As of late the heat hasn't been flying off the edge. In 1 league I'm in I only have 1 lb over 80 spd.
Back to top Go down
lilron187

PostSubject: thanks guys   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 am

its nice to see im not the only one with this problem thanks guys for the love peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 18 Mailbag   TWIM Show 18 Mailbag Empty

Back to top Go down

TWIM Show 18 Mailbag
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next