Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

playing straight sim madden 10

Go down 
+5
chris
Patsfan26
ZFarls
Captain Spread
cdbonds
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cdbonds

playing straight sim madden 10 Empty
PostSubject: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:35 am

im going to attempt to play solid sim throughout madden 10, no cheese plays, no nano's, no rocket catches, etc. i feel like by doing this i will give myself an edge in the long run by learning how to be well rounded. i have been doing this in ncaa and it has helped improve my game tremendously. i am going to try to incorporate some of this into this community to help people that are struggling with this area. i feel like this will be a great ' boot camp '. cutting straight back to the basics, such as being able to see all the receivers on the field easier and quicker that way you can spot who is open faster than anyone else. watching the pocket with your peripheral vision while scanning the field better. little things such as this can help your game out tremendously.it won't matter how effective rocket catches are, or how quick your nano's are. if any body wants to get more of a sim nature into their game to mix it up a bit then hit me up and we can work on some things. sure you dont have to play straight sim yourself but i feel like being able to switch to straight sim will help tremendously after getting good at it. if somebody is just tearing your nano up then you can incorporate other parts of defense and work on usering base d plays. if your offensive plays just aren't cutting it. then randomize everything and read defenses and make the right adjustments. im sure that some of you are thinking, what the hell is this guy getting into the only way to win in madden is rocket catches and nano's, but that is the whole point of this, learning how to play sim and win at it, which means that no matter what next years madden changes up or takes out, you will be able to adjust quicker than anyone. im just offering this up as an idea, please don't bash and only post replies that will contribute
Back to top Go down
Captain Spread

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 am

Id be interested
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Good post,

Thats kind of the idea behind our articles. Most will work for Madden in general not just specific line your guy up here in Madden X.

We want people to think independently and discover tactics that will work for multiple maddens. Ideally I think you will start out as sim and create a solid offense that will work with concepts which is what we preach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Nanos are important and they are part of sim ball. But ya great post.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:31 pm

how are nanos sim football overloading the A gap dosent work in real life because u can always double team -.-..god i swear sometimes ur posts are so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Wow if I bring 5 guys in 2 gaps that would work in real life cuz the tackles don't leave there spot to help out A gap heat. Trust me I play football and know a lot about it. Also if a 97 speed player ran at the QB untouched he would sack him before a slow offensive lineman could realize and react to the blitze. And you can't double team a blitzer when there is more blitzers than blockers. It's math man so learn it. I'll explain - in football if there is a blitze and the Center and both guards need help to pick up a blitze they will shift over and block. But if there is disguised heat then it is difficult to do this. So in conclusion if I blitze 6 guys I'll get instant pressure.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Patsfan26 wrote:
Wow if I bring 5 guys in 2 gaps that would work in real life

nope. if a good quarterback saw 5 guys stacked in the A gaps, the offense is a good audible call away from a big play, in real life.

most NFL teams, in real life, play four down linemen. meaning you're probably taking 3 linebackers/db's to nano. meaning, that 4 linemen are engaged with the offensive line, and then three more defenders are blitzing, making 7 of the 11 players attacking the quarterback, in real life.

now if they're all stacked in the A gaps, an audible to a toss sweep would likely rip off a big gain. or a screen pass to a HB if set up properly, because there would only be 4 defenders left to tackle the HB, in real life.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
cdbonds

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Nano's might be good against some players but if people would learn how to read the field quicker and find the receiver that the nano isn't covering then nano's would be void in a sense and really helping the offense out by leaving more receivers open by blitzing more defenders like i3rian said
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:08 pm

cdbonds wrote:
Nano's might be good against some players but if people would learn how to read the field quicker and find the receiver that the nano isn't covering then nano's would be void in a sense and really helping the offense out by leaving more receivers open by blitzing more defenders like i3rian said

Sorry but you and brian are wrong. Many teams play the 3-4 and nanos are possible with the 4-3 and those who use the 4-3 don't stay in it the whole game. And any real life defense who is smart won't show the blitze. They will simply disguise it. Then after you have been feeling pressure the offense will naturally adjust to by using screens, pitches, short passes etc.. then you make them think you are blitzing by stacking defenders close to the line and in the gaps. By doing so they audible to a play to beat the blitze. And then the people they thought were blitzing drop back into coverage and they're Fu<ked cuz no 1 will be open. And since this is madden I can user my safety or MLB and cover the screen or the entire middle of the field.
Back to top Go down
cdbonds

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:25 pm

im talking about reading the d after you snap. knowing where your routes go and reacting to where you see defenders blitz from to know which routes will be open .
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Ok now ur way off topic.
Back to top Go down
cdbonds

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:10 pm

i'm not trying to start an argument. we were talking about nano's and I am saying that if you read the nano quick enough and spot the guys blitzing then you can destroy the nano. supporting my original post where I mentioned learning to read the defense after snap quicker and picking up the blitz with your peripheral vision
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Oh my bad dude ur right. Srry lol.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 am

ok i played football too. for 10 years.

are you familiar with the expression 'fire and ice'? its something we used in the system i played in high school. when passing, you want to protect the A gap, then the B gap, then the C gap. Why? Because the quickest way from point A (Defensive players starting position)to point B (the quarterback) is a straight line. Pythagorean theorem. A^2 + B^2 = C^2. A good offensive line blocks TOWARDS their center. a quick player coming off the edge is dangerous obviously, however if the tackle can chip them just a bit, and the QB read blitz, then its a situation where its like 3 receivers and a HB vs. 4 non-defensive linemen. i like the odds of the offense if he can get the ball out quick enough.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am

Exactly. ya that is true you guys win.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 am

Patsfan26 wrote:
Wow if I bring 5 guys in 2 gaps that would work in real life cuz the tackles don't leave there spot to help out A gap heat. Trust me I play football and know a lot about it. Also if a 97 speed player ran at the QB untouched he would sack him before a slow offensive lineman could realize and react to the blitze. And you can't double team a blitzer when there is more blitzers than blockers. It's math man so learn it. I'll explain - in football if there is a blitze and the Center and both guards need help to pick up a blitze they will shift over and block. But if there is disguised heat then it is difficult to do this. So in conclusion if I blitze 6 guys I'll get instant pressure.
waterboy dont count elephant lol!
Back to top Go down
PDX92BRUIN

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:39 pm

Here is a quote from a Yahoo article about NFL Films Senior Producer Greg Cosell who is described as an "NFL film guru".

“[I see] coaches developing schemes that get defenders free to the QB, but with only rushing four guys and still having seven in coverage. It is almost a zone ‘exchange’ as opposed to a zone ‘blitz’ because you are still only bringing four. Dick Lebeau (Steelers) and Rex Ryan (Jets) are really the best at developing these schemes to get immediate pressure on the quarterback without sacrificing anything in coverage."

I know many "sim" players have issues with RC'ing and I can at least see their point. But saying that nanos are not a part of "real football" is ludicrous (imo). As a lifelong steelers fan I can not begin to count the number of times I've seen Joey Porter, Kevin Green, Rod Woodson, Troy Polumalu come through UNTOUCHED and sack an opposing qb less than 3 seconds after the ball is snapped.
Back to top Go down
direwolves14

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:45 pm

Why are you guys all fighting about nanos versus sim football. The creator of this post just brought up a great point on how he wants to do sim. People that like nanos will nano and people that want to play sim ball like the NFL (me included) will do that.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:53 pm

Ya Rex ryan's plays are like our nanos.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Patsfan26 wrote:
Ya Rex ryan's plays are like our nanos.
to a certain extent we do it with overloading a gap which fucks up the AI he does it by exploiting weaknesses in the offensive line..big difference
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:55 pm

Well our nanos would work a few times a game in real life but then they would adjust to block it. But in madden they never adjust sadly.
Back to top Go down
PDX92BRUIN

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Patsfan26 wrote:
Well our nanos would work a few times a game in real life but then they would adjust to block it. But in madden they never adjust sadly.

The way I look at it is that since nanos have to be set up by the user, they have to be adjusted for by the other user. I think that I had some pretty nasty nanos last year (some of them from this site!) and all of them got SMOKED by good players at some point. If the cpu did everything for you then what would be the purpose of playing the game?!
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Patsfan26 wrote:
Exactly. ya that is true you guys win.

most times when teams blitz they rely heavily on stunts and there "man" beating the other teams man.

Nano's arent very realistic at all.

Overload blitzing to an extent is realistic...but only to a certain point.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:48 pm

^ good explanation
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm

guys...

to the right of your post there is a plus or minus sign...

be sure to use that if you rep the post someone made

or if you dont liek it...give them a negative!!

a little birdy told me that MB will be giving away something special for the winner...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: playing straight sim madden 10   playing straight sim madden 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

playing straight sim madden 10
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next