Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Food for thought during the off season

Go down 
+2
xHHx_megatron
WFColonel56
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

Food for thought during the off season Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Ok since the end of the madden season is here for me, and close to being here for others I want to give some players something to think about for the M12 season.

Defensively (4-3 or 3-4, or any formation for that matter) what do u guys want for a DL

Speed, Power, or hybrid

Speed
A smaller faster DL (still with adequate ratings in other areas) would prevail in a slanting type of scheme. Shedding blocks and hustling to the ball. With ability to run down RBs from behind....Slanting covers up the power weakness (if there is one)

Power
Powerful DL who 1st of all can keep blockers off of the LBs by preventing the double team blockers from working up. 2nd of all they can shed their blocks if left 1 on 1. 3rd they can hold their ground and even push the OL back in a run block. Not great for slanting, you want these guys in the gaps they will go to at snap so they can use their power as soon as possible

Hybrid
You can have 2 of power and speed (if in a 4 dl set) which will give u the best of both worlds with the ability to get really fancy

2 power DEs and 2 speed DTs
2 power DTs and 2 speed DEs (the norm)
1 speed DE and 1 power DE, and 1 power DT and 1 speed DT....(could provide interesting results)

No matter what defense you run in M12 your DL is going to be the most important part of your D IMO...And NOW is the time to start thinking about what types of players you want where and what kind of scheme you want to run.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:08 am

Im with ya... my game is based off how well my oline and dline do.. so I roll with the gmen majority of times.. I just excell with teams with good OL and DL..

tuck - hybrid (power speed)
usi - speed
joseph - power
coefield- power

tuck+ usi+ pierre-paul- "there is a storm comin the weatherman couldnt predict"
Back to top Go down
EaglePride615

EaglePride615

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:30 am

hybrid
2 dts with block shed
2 fast des
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 am

Hybrid - I use FAST LBs/DEs at DE. My biggest hog at DT and then my most versatile DE/DT at second DT so I can drop into coverage.

On rub situations I'll sub in another hog at the second DT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 am

speed speed speed for me

as many fast guys on the field as i can
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:56 am

ROLB- Hybrid
Ware, Harrison, Suggs etc

RE- Power
DT-Power
LE- Speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food for thought during the off season   Food for thought during the off season Empty

Back to top Go down

Food for thought during the off season
Page 1 of 1