Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YngClassic

YngClassic

food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. Empty
PostSubject: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

first off, good evening mb community, i love ya'll like brothers.I have to get something off my chest, to ALL the quote on quote newbies and rookies and novices: when you pick a team with an obvious star player, dont think for 1 second anybody except another beginner is gullible enough to fall for the ''expected'' the ''obvious'', im gonna use an example:the titans, trust me i ALREADY know youre gonna do a toss/wide run with chris johnson the 1st play of the game or a screen.you see i think the key to victory in madden is this:deception. what i mean is you have to do the unexpected to gain the advantage.example; if i use the lions, do you really think im going to go to calvin johnson a whole lot? not in my game, no sir.....im not saying dont go to your star players, hey if you can score the entire with just 1 player then hey whoever u played need to evaluate their defense and kudos to you.but back to the lions, im not going to calvin the majority, im spreading the wealth because THEN youre putting the opponent in a situation to where they know whos the star, but who's the main threat here? all the recievers, they dont dont just have to worry about the HB, or the TE, but the whole entire offense.ima tell you now, the average guy online who uses philly, i play madden so much i shhould be the scouting report option alone.The opponent is going to come out in a 3 or 4 wide set. scramble with vick until jackson or maclin or celek gets open and air it out, vicks speed comnbined with the recievers is just enough time to complete the long deep gain.most philly players online have no defense because they focus too much on the speed of the offense, and they suck at running the ball with mccoy.never run man blitz on philley or press, youre taking a huge risk by doing this because i dont care how good you are or think you are, their are guys out there who are used to nanos and blitzes and as soon as they see man with philly, its dinner time.

you see that right there was just a mini scouting report of philly.so whats my answer to that? im going to force vick to stay in the pocket and play a ''tom brady'' typer of game.no scrambling just pocket passing, by doing that i know ive taken a quarter of whoever's offensive stradegy with philly away.(the average guy anyway).but philly is an example, bottom line is guys, give the opponent the unexpected.you playing with detroit, use stefan logan more, you playing with arizona use breaston, playing with carolina use david gettis, because when u come across a great player, that star reciever or running back will get shut down, then what? well my experience is ive had guys quit in the 1st quarter once their star player was picked off or shutdown because they dont know how to utilize their team to the fullest.thats all i have to say, good night MB community.

Last edited by YngClassic on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 pm

ya it goes hand in hand.

I always hated playing iwth the patriots becuase I relied to much on randy moss lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 pm

i guess its a force of habit for some gibs. lol
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks YngClassic. You make an excellent point - it is really easy to rely on the stars like a crutch until our read skills and creativity develops. I can tell within a few minutes if I am in over my head based on the 1st series offensively or defensively. If I get that feeling I will more often than not fall into that rut. I would love to see a tutorial just on how to lab? effective methods to lab, typical amount of time to lab, specific types of goals when you lab. I have been trying but I think something is missing because I find myself floating play to play like a rudderless ship - plus if you lab in practice mode it is hard to see if it will be effective since the practice players beast especially off the blocks. I can see where I am starting to understand the concepts but I have a lot of reps yet before I can be a complete player.

Back to top Go down
Truckasaurus

Truckasaurus

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Very nice info there YngClassic. I tend to ignore my star player the most part. To the point where I should probably take a stab with a huge bomb to Megatron or CJ2K or whoever it may be.

My other problem is I have a terrible habbit of team hopping haha. I play diff teams everytime I play on live. Cant seem to find that one team I can settle on but I know it'll happen. Had alot of fun with the Bills lately... of all teams!
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 am

I think you all are crazy lol. If i have Roddy White on my team and you don't have
DRC
Aso or Revis why would i care

Popular teams have
Newman
Jenkins

Aso

Samuel

Greer
Porter

Now come on, who oft those beside Aso can shut down Nicks, or Bowe or White or Calvin or anyone else. Get the ball to who you need to get the ball too. If he is open throw it. One thing i do seem to see happen if you throw the ball to one person a lot they get hurt
Back to top Go down
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm

[quote="Ant1010"]I think you all are crazy lol. If i have Roddy White on my team and you don't have
DRC
Aso or Revis why would i care

Popular teams have
Newman
Jenkins

Aso

Samuel

Greer
Porter

Now come on, who oft those beside Aso can shut down Nicks, or Bowe or White or Calvin or anyone else. Get the ball to who you need to get the ball too. If he is open throw it. One thing i do seem to see happen if you throw the ball to one person a lot they get hurt[/quote

It doesnt matter because they all can get shutdown, u can go to them all you want to, but are you completing passes? so youre telling me whenever you pass to your reciever you know its an automatic 1st down or you garantee to get HUGE chunks of yards every rip? and by saying if you have roddy and the opposing team dont have aso revis or drc, thats saying to me, you expecting a full man coverage 1 on 1 type of game, if there are zones in place with the right play calling and if you pay attention to tendacies, i promise those star recievers will not dominate.I have developed a nack now for checkmating my opponents, EX. i come out in a cover 3, im thinking right of the back i need a defense thats safe and is going to intially cover the flats with nice hook coverage and deep coverage. then you attack the curls, i will sit and observe how many times you attack them curls and thats when i checkmate, around the 3rd or 4th time you attack those curls i will have audibled into something like a tampa 2 (indy playbook) or SS snake (multi D) or any type of play with curl coverage, so when you attack, im picking it off or batting it away and i force you to make another read or use another reciever also my defense looks the same so at the same time im forcing you gamble on offense, there WILL be pressure, i promise you that because of the way i set my roster up, Oh and speaking on that, the way i set my roster up...that is one the most important factor of achieving a victory, my i have 2 online names on madden, 1 for labbing and practicing and the other is my main.my main record is 46-15, and the other is 21-3. bottom line is ant, your knowledge is great, and im not knocking your opinion bruh, but theres no way the main star on the team is going to have a spectacular game like that.by going to your star reciever 85 90% of the time, youre showing me your intent/game and true colors, and it will only be a matter of time before that get shuts down.over the last copule months my game has improved DRASTICALLY, and when i play guys now, i force them to use their ENTIRE team to par up against me because i refuse to have 1 guy go H.A.M. on me the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............   food 4 thought......let me speak on something............. Empty

Back to top Go down

food 4 thought......let me speak on something.............
Page 1 of 1