Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

nickel strong cover 1 robber

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YngClassic

YngClassic

nickel strong cover 1 robber Empty
PostSubject: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 pm

after reading zan's article on cover 1 robber, it gave me inspiration. so i started dabbling with it a bit. and if your user skills are great then this is the ultimate play for you. i'm using the browns now, and its deadly.usama young is my user guy.90 speed i think? 90 agiltiy, 93 jump.great user player. joe haden and sheldon brown, and skrine locking up the recievers. my LBs are stud tacklers. and TJ ward will crush you. i played the eagles last night. this guy was decent.and if i didnt have user skills, i wouldve got blown out.but i had 3 sacks with my user.3 forced fumbles with tj ward.and 1 joe haden INT.i mean this defense was battled tested last night against the best. and for me using the browns, its a helluva accomplishment.i also played against the saints.the eagles and saints?! c'mon fellas we all know, people get pass happy and like to chug the ball down the field to those fast recievers.and thats what i was looking for.and cover 1 defense against this bunch, trips attack. and the saints guy quit.the robber was meant for you to user.im trying to think what other team i could try this out with.not the obvious teams, but the low key teams. maybe jags, rams, idk yet. but it will try it. dont get me wrong, i didnt use this 100% of the game either.i pick and chose my battles, but ive used this defense about 85 % of the game.whenever i saw a 4 WR set, i used the quarters play out of the nickel strong and placed the DE on a spy.but i just thought i'd shre this with the community.later fellas.
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Awesome Yngclassic,

I may have to look into this play. Are you doing anything else to the play? How are you getting heat with this play?
Back to top Go down
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 am

SF_FAN88 wrote:
Awesome Yngclassic,

I may have to look into this play. Are you doing anything else to the play? How are you getting heat with this play?

as far as in heat, i do either two things, i blitz the ''robber'' beside the LE or RE, and reblitz the end. or i put the robber in the spy and shoot through the gap myself.because think about it, the robber has the freedom to roam the field and do anything he wants, blitz, cut off underneath routes, play deep blue, if you want to play a zone version, quick audible to cover 3 and spy the FS and roam, your MAIN assigned area will be the deep middle, so before you pay attention to anything else check down that deep middle first. its awesome and fun.the cover 2 robber is like the 4-4 cover from last year.
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Yngclassic,

I toyed around with this play and i like it. I was usering the SS instead of the FS. But i will see how i like it usering the FS. Some of the heat i toyed around with is spreading the DL and shifting left or right depending where the HB sets up and the just blitz the LB over the tackles and reblitz the DE and heat would come in. So pretty good. Heck you could even purple both DE, and blitz 1 DT, and spy the other and it would be a pretty good defense to throw in.
Back to top Go down
impala28

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Sounds interesting what are the setups ?
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:39 pm

impala28 wrote:
Sounds interesting what are the setups ?

Doesnt really take much to setup. You can actually just blitz one of the LB over the offensive tackles and heat should come through. And also like what Yngclassic said, you can just the FS that is the robber.
Back to top Go down
irobson

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

how do you stop the quick slants? i like the way the defense is set up but i get killed by outside slants / inside slants
Back to top Go down
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:54 pm

irobson wrote:
how do you stop the quick slants? i like the way the defense is set up but i get killed by outside slants / inside slants

thats where the user skills come in at. its up to you as the robber to take away the underneath routes.if your opponent is sending multiple recievers on slants outs,stick with it.slants outs are generally weaker against man defense, but will kill zone.if he is sending multiple recievers on slant ins then throw in a cover 3 or a quarters w/ a spy.fortunately the browns have 2 decent corners that can man cover well.joe hadens man coverage is 96.so i basically worry about the slot recievr or the TE.
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 am

I like the play and use it occasionally, but the Bears don't have the secondary to consistently play man against some of the high-powered passing attacks. Tillman is reliable though, so if a team only has one really good receiver (Houston, Detroit, Arizona) I'll man up more often. Just sucks that we lost Bowman and Graham (6' and 5'11"), all we have left are Jennings and Moore (5'8" and 5'9" or 10").
Back to top Go down
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 am

UppingMyGame wrote:
I like the play and use it occasionally, but the Bears don't have the secondary to consistently play man against some of the high-powered passing attacks. Tillman is reliable though, so if a team only has one really good receiver (Houston, Detroit, Arizona) I'll man up more often. Just sucks that we lost Bowman and Graham (6' and 5'11"), all we have left are Jennings and Moore (5'8" and 5'9" or 10").

Bowman went to my VIKES! lol. he did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nickel strong cover 1 robber   nickel strong cover 1 robber Empty

Back to top Go down

nickel strong cover 1 robber
Page 1 of 1