Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?

Go down 
+8
Militant X 1
Oso_Ruthless
ravenmaniac
randers
SaintsG0Marchin'In
wangtangkiki
shane_rlly2
yovani13
12 posters
AuthorMessage
yovani13

yovani13

What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? Empty
PostSubject: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 am

i know sometimes level doesn't define skill....because some people just play rookies...
but other times level does define ur skill if u play people ur level or higher most the time.....
Back to top Go down
shane_rlly2

shane_rlly2

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 am

like u said your level can be skewed alot of the time(bum hunter) or if you beat high level rated players they can be bum hunters

only way to really find out if a person is good or not is

to play them Laughing
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 am

Heh, there's no way you can tell online. There are too many people that glitch to be able to tell what level makes you good.
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:56 am

You have to be good enough to beat good competition and that is the only definition of good I know of. Lvl? mmm... I'd say people probably START to take you seriously around 15-20. IJ ended last year as a Lvl 33 but I'm at 17 this year and that is where I'll stay because I have not and will not play another ranked game since the switch to 7min quarters and I probably never will play another ranked game of madden in my life unless they go back down to 5min quarters which is perfect imo.

My advice if you want good games get your level up just enough to be able to set your unranked to "find within 3 levels" that way you are playing good competition but you aren't stuck playing 3 hour games. Thing is though a number "Lvl" means nothing much, if it's high fine that might say a little but they could be bum hunters and there are also tuns of people who make new accounts all they time so you might see Lvl 1 but they could be a 10-20-30-40 (does it even go to 50?), anyway you get the point.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:01 am

I'm only lvl 6 I believe because I got in a streak where my internet would D/C every game. I've finally got it fixed ._.

Now I need like 10 straight wins to level up, which I had 8 straight til a dude blocked a game winning kick like a f***ing ***.

EDIT: (LOL A$$ is blurred, but fucking is not. That may need to change.. for now I'll just have one F word in my post..)
Back to top Go down
randers

randers

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:13 am

saints they implemented accelerated clock so they increased the quarter length.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:31 am

They should make it 4 minute QTRs - No Accel clock.. all-madden... weather: Clear, injuries on.

I believe they are going to make it like that. MLG and EA announced online tournament type thingy that will basically be ranked games with lobbies.. like they have now.
Back to top Go down
ravenmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Level and record mean nothing imo...I've played guys with lower lvl's then mine that just had my number...
Back to top Go down
Oso_Ruthless

Oso_Ruthless

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:01 pm

I would say levels count,Aslong as there not bum hunters!!!But most of maddens Elite players play unranked for labing purpose.They seem to only play online to test it out.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Oso_Ruthless wrote:
I would say levels count,Aslong as there not bum hunters!!!But most of maddens Elite players play unranked for labing purpose.They seem to only play online to test it out.

Big Game James, the guy that just beat Sgibs is a lvl 9. His record was 53-37 or something like that.. I'm going to say records nor levels matter.
Back to top Go down
randers

randers

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:14 pm

acc clock is a totalllly diff game as opposed to a full play clock.

With 7 min Q/acc clock you get 15-25 more plays /game than 4 min no acc clock.

So you're looking at a higher variance game that is countered by the skill involved (we'll say for argument's sake) in making presnap adjustments.

I'm wayyyy stronger at acc clock games as that is the game style we adopted in the 3 or 4 franchises I've been in since August.

I struggle when Offenses have the added time to adjust, as I haven't been in that gameplay environment as much.

So, a strong "tournament player" could be a weaker "online player" and viceversa etc etc.

Last edited by randers on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:30 pm

ravenmaniac wrote:
Level and record mean nothing imo...I've played guys with lower lvl's then mine that just had my number...

agreed! although i am a lvl 18, i have beaten cats 5-10 lvls higher than me and lost badly to cats 5-10 lvls lower than me. go figure! lol! guess it's like the theme says; "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!" you can beat or lose to anyone irregardless of rank or lvl.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:02 am

im a level 30 and i only play people level 20 and up, with a dnf 10% or lower, and an ALO (average level of opponent) of 10 or more to ensure the person ur playing is not a bum-hunter

smh @ bum-hunters
Back to top Go down
acting cool

acting cool

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 am

gFF_VaBeach757 wrote:
im a level 30 and i only play people level 20 and up, with a dnf 10% or lower, and an ALO (average level of opponent) of 10 or more to ensure the person ur playing is not a bum-hunter

smh @ bum-hunters

how do you check someone's "Average level of Opponent"?
Back to top Go down
Cochlea

Cochlea

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 am

And while we're here, sometimes when I create a session for a ranked game, someone joins... pauses for five seconds or so... then quits. When you have an opponent slotted against you, but before you click start to load the game, is there a quick way (xbox) to check their level, or any other info about them? Or do people quit based solely on your record and the team you choose?
Back to top Go down
General Brown

General Brown

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
ravenmaniac wrote:

agreed! although i am a lvl 18, i have beaten cats 5-10 lvls higher than me and lost badly to cats 5-10 lvls lower than me. go figure! lol! guess it's like the theme says; "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!" you can beat or lose to anyone irregardless of rank or lvl.

~Mili

I feel ya Mili, I know wat it iz like to beat a high leveled opponent and feel excited, and then lose to a low level opponent and feeel like the sorriest Madden Player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?   What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good? Empty

Back to top Go down

What level do you have to be (online) to be considered good?
Page 1 of 1