Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?

Go down 
+2
Servo
Militant X 1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? Empty
PostSubject: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:52 pm

how come......

when Michael Vick sees the pocket collapsing and he uses his feet to run instead of passing the ball....the sports commentators say he needs to learn how to be more of a "pocket-passer"....but....when Big Ben runs.....those same cats (sports commentators) say that he is the best at what he does and he knows how to extend the play with his feet? Suspect

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 am

cus he's white! lol j/k

but really idk half those guys are dumb asses anyway vick is a far better mobile qb then big ben
Back to top Go down
XxSHOWTIMExX

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am

Ok, well here's my basic understanding of it.

Ben has established himself already as a QB who can avoid being taken down but still get the pass off. Vick on the other hand flips a switch and suddenly becomes a running back, he doesnt protect himself the way a QB should and unfortunately when the pocket collapses he is more prone to making a play with his feet rather then his arm.

Even if you look at their career stats.

Ben has completed 63.3% of his passes where as Vick has completed 54.2. Ben has completed much more passes for +20 yards then Vick and well even if you look at their pass attempts its pretty evident what happens with them. Ben has attempted 2500 passes whereas Vick has only thrown the ball 1,800 times BUT Vick has attempted to RUN 590 times whereas Ben has run the ball 240 times.

So Ben is more accurate, attempts more passes, runs past the LOS less often, and completes more mid-ranged/deep balls then Vick.

I think Vick is DEFINITELY the BETTER of the 2 this year but if your wondering why they might be going hard on him the answers in the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:26 am

ud think they would give vick some praise for the way he makes plays tho,sure he doesnt make the big plays threw the air when the pocket breaks down but when that pocket does break down thats when (in my opinion) vick becomes the most dangerous player in the nfl
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:01 pm

i need vick to run his @ss off tonight! i got him going in my fantasy leauge and am down 10 or so points with my opponent starting armstrong from washington.
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Vick has gotten better than he used to be, but I believe that it comes down to when they give up on looking down field.

For Ben, he's looking down field until he crosses the line of scrimmage.

For Vick (a lot of times), he stops looking down field and has decided he's going to run the ball.

As I said, this year it seems he's done much better at sticking with looking down field. Before he went down early in the season, the Playbook guys on NFL Network were breaking down how he's improved, but still has some room to learn.

Some plays he gave up on too early and ran and some plays, he was holding on too long and either should have run or thrown it away. There were some plays where he was acting as a RB and holding onto the ball and running out of bounds instead of a QB and throwing it away once he was out of the pocket.

I think his time in Philly and under Donovan really helped him. He spoke about how Donovan taught him how to study film and how to behave like a professional. Jail seems to have been good for him. Can't imagine how good he could have been if he'd had his head on straight from the get go...
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Vick is much more of a pocket passer nowadays/ but can still run it...vick has improved sooo much..I just love watchin him play..

Ben has been to the superbowl twice (I think) so he already has credit...

Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:21 pm

I love watching Vick play, too...he's got such a strong arm and what must be great throwing mechanics. Just a flick and it goes 40 yards.

I heard Ben was a starting baseball, basketball and football player. All the positions he played counted on quick thinking and peripheral vision. I think it's helped him so much as a QB as he's able to move around and still see what he needs. Didn't hurt that the team has been pretty f'in good since he got there.
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:22 pm

1 of the best defenses in the league was the biggest help lol
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 am

these are all great answers that you all have shared. my take on it is this....

i get so tired of cats (sports commentators etc.) trying to make every qb in the league be just a pure "pocket" passer. sure, Peyton is the prototype for that! but, a cat like Vick can do what Peyton can't....get out of that pocket and become a dual threat with his legs!

to me....the Falcons and now the Eagles...knew what type of QB Vick was when he played for my Virginia Tech Hokies (now it is Tyrod Taylor). he has a cannon for an arm and can be deadly accurate (i.e. Monday Night vs. Redskins). in the words of Deion Sanders....."Just Do What You Do!" lol! but, i agree....Vick has become more of a pocket-passer but when he breaks out and run....then he is the most dominant threat in all of the NFL.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Servo

Servo

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:31 am

i think the only reason mike never won the mvp so far in his career was because he never had the weapons around him to make him a mvp caliber quarterback,now that he is in philly and we has scary wr's on his football team and with andy "the pilsbury Genius" Reid's play calling we are seeing mike at his greatest, guarantee u there isnt 1 defense in this league that wants to see vick on sunday especially the way he is playing right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?   So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick? Empty

Back to top Go down

So...Why is it okay for Big Ben to run but not Vick?
Page 1 of 1