Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FAVREALOUS

FAVREALOUS

Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  Empty
PostSubject: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm

What up MB Fam,

This is something I am encountering, and I wanted to see if anyone has figured out a fix or a way to control it better. Here's the deal:

After setting up a custom playback some of you may have noticed that a lot of packages get seperated into multiple categories, even though it's the same formation. For example, I have one offensive book where there are about 4 different SINGELBACK categories/listings. 1) will have my "Big" formation under it. 2) will have "Tight Flex" and "Ace Pair" listed under it. 3) will have "Normal Flex" listed. 4) will have "Bunch" listed under it.
This is as opposed to how the default playbooks work, where all packages for a formation are listed in the same category/listing.

The worst experience I've had yet happened last night when I created my custom defensive playbook (which I'm hyped about cause I was able to include all of G.B.'s schemes). After I got it all set up I went in The Lab, and got quickly discouraged. Every defensive package I chose was under it's own category/listing with the exception of my 3-4 Stack and 3-4 Normal, which were grouped together properly. So in a nut shell I had to scroll left/right for every package I have (i.e. 3-4 Predator, Nickel 3-3-5, Nickel Storng, Nickel Psycho, 3-4 Stack, etc, etc, etccccc).

I stayed positive about it figuring it would just take some getting use to, but I played a quick Ranked Game and found that it takes way to long to find a play because of all the scrolling over and over, and over. lmao mannnn. When I scroll to the right (for example) to look for what i want it'll go: 3-4 > 4-6 > 2-3-6 > 3-4 > Nickel > Dime > 3-4 > 3-3-5 > Nickel > 1-4-6 > 3-4 > etc.
I was thinking perhaps it had something to do with the order in which I selected the packages, but that didn't add up.

I'm gonna assume others have experienced something similar. If anyone comes across any fixes or ways to adjust it I'd appreciate a holla. If I figure something out I will do the same.

- PSN: FAVREALOUS

Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes we are all going thru this, on custom D book i have a base play i come out in and have all my audibles set up from there on defenses i call for blitzing or coverage, so i dont flip thru alot unless i need quarters or a specific defense that isn't normally ran on 1st or 2nd down ....

on offense i just throw in the formations that i can beat man, press, zone, and run the ball with, i found the less formations you have in the book the easier it is to call plays and make a good scheme

i wish e.a. could patch this problem would make custom books a true dream....
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 pm

What i recommend:

Put a star ratng on all your offensive come out plays / fav d plays... Then when picking a play instead of going in "by formation" choose "gameplan" then the only plays you will see are those you picked.. Make sure to put the star rating on all tue situational calls so they are all there no matter what down/distance you have..

I come out in about 1 of 20 plays so i have 20 loaded and can find them fast since its all one listing.. If i want to go outside of that then you can go out and in by formations,ect
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 pm

As far as the custom playbooks with 50 pages to scroll through goes...unless you have a different Xbox with a different hard drive, you're SOL.

Or if you reformat your HD and decline the patch for Madden, you can set up an organized book.
Back to top Go down
FAVREALOUS

FAVREALOUS

PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah, I've done the rating thing on the plays which has helped. I've heard of a couple other tricks I'm gonna try as well. I can run an offensive/defensive custom playbook with less plays. There are just certain packages I like (and G.B. runs), that I like to have a lot of plays in, especially on defense. One of the parts that makes it worse is I do A LOT of individual subs within certain packages (i.e.: 2-3-6). Putting Charlie Wood in the box, swithcing CBs, putting Clay Makers at DE, etc. I've been able to get set up a lot faster as I have gotten use to my book. I'm gonna try a couple of other things and see if I can stream line it a bit more though. Thanks for the feedback. I figured everyone was experiencing the same. If I come across any other tricks I'll be sure to share my findings.

- PSN: FAVREALOUS
Back to top Go down
jfbest49

PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 pm

my plays disappeared on me today in an online game dont know why it was on offence?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages    Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages  Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Playbooks: Organization of Packages
Page 1 of 1