Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Why arn't the top players running zone defense?

Go down 
+8
relli843
SasserAssassin
ZAN
ZFarls
datnodude
bahdbwoy
Shogun
shutdowncity
12 posters
AuthorMessage
shutdowncity

Why arn't the top players running zone defense? Empty
PostSubject: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 am

Im just starting out on M12 here...i was a monster in M11.

anyways, I've been playing online a little bit and lot of people are running ZONE against me and i'm having a tough time. I got some good MAN beaters but can't use them because everyone sits in zone and I'm throwing picks left and right.

So my question is, what am I missing with ZONE as to why not many people are running it. I understand it was broke in M11 but seems to be a lot better in 12. My guess is I'm missing out on some money stuff that kills zone, which is why I dont see a lot of better players running it on game of the week, etc.

Anyone have an explanation?
Back to top Go down
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 am

From what ive seen, the best players know how to disguise their coverage/blitzes. You can't play the same d all game.
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 am

Zone is beatable every year with the same aporoach bc thats how you beat it in real life (horizontal/vertical stretches). If you cant then no disrespect but i have a hard time believing your opening statement..

You are probably throwing late which alot of times you could get away with in past years..
Back to top Go down
shutdowncity

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:23 pm

bahdboy u dont remember me housing u in C4 apparently, lol.

Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Havent played C4 in a while but i suck so that isnt saying much.. Point is if you cant understand how to beat zone you only will go as far as your gimmick
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:37 pm

im in c4 and 95% of coverage is zone ..its utterly frustrating when there are 9 -10 in coverage every play and i know you could say well run the ball well those ppl are all at the line of schrimmage so u make break 1 every now and then ..but yea its tuff cuz i play mostly man
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Top players play Man to Man, although you can hit curls on it this year, the elite teams let you play man. Zone gets dinked and dunked and picked apart. It is a pretty even split tho, more zone than last year for me. Especially with the corner zones now
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Top players don't play either 100%. Top players mix up man, zone, man blitz, zone blitz, all out man coverage D w/ zones, and all out zone coverage D with DL zones....
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:27 am

ZAN wrote:
Top players don't play either 100%. Top players mix up man, zone, man blitz, zone blitz, all out man coverage D w/ zones, and all out zone coverage D with DL zones....
ya for sure what this says.
im not saying ima top player but im not going into the game and playing man or zone every rip.
i just kinda feel it out with man and just dont let them pop me and then i feel that i should play zone or man that game but still im not gonna run it every rip.
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:27 am

well the biggest issue at first was the fact that the purples will come up into the flat and just leave the corner WIDE OPEN... but there are several ways around that now.. really just depends on the team your playing with as far as which type of coverage to lean on more often
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 am

i run zone 80% of the game
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:38 am

if you can find a way to defend jetpacks everyplay i suggest playing zone.
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:10 pm

It really depends on the opponent. If they let me play Cover 3 all game and get away with it, then I'm gonna be running mostly Cover 3.
Back to top Go down
bucsforever5

bucsforever5

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:09 pm

ya it all depends on the players tendacies some people run a lot some pass a lot and some try to stay balanced. I like to run zone and man d and mix it up but the yellow zones don't defend well when u run up the middle. You ave to mix it up and mix in blitzes to catch opponent offguard. Running the same d and same play will cost u especially against great players.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

even tho im a huge bucs fan, that sig it outrageously large.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

holy balls with that sig its taking up half the page
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:33 pm

I've asked the guys before to enable sig and avatar blocking it would be an option in your user cp. It helps pages load faster and I really don't look at sigs ne way. Nothing like having a woman pop up in a sig while you're at work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why arn't the top players running zone defense?   Why arn't the top players running zone defense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why arn't the top players running zone defense?
Page 1 of 1