Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Defensive strategy/trends

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
direwolves14

Defensive strategy/trends Empty
PostSubject: Defensive strategy/trends   Defensive strategy/trends EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey Gibs and Farls,

Do you run your defense no matter what or do you try to recognize patterns of the opponent's offense and then try to combat them?

I usually wait out 7-10 plays then combat their offense but I don't know if that is a good strategy
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Defensive strategy/trends   Defensive strategy/trends EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

The thought here is,

YOU force the offense to play how you want. You bring your defense every down and make them try and combat it with their offense. If you wait for them to get comfortable it could be too late!

However, I have blitzed on the first play and got hit with a bomb TD. It sucks but I can't stand sitting back for 5 plays in base defense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Defensive strategy/trends   Defensive strategy/trends EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm

ZFarls wrote:
The thought here is,

YOU force the offense to play how you want. You bring your defense every down and make them try and combat it with their offense. If you wait for them to get comfortable it could be too late!

However, I have blitzed on the first play and got hit with a bomb TD. It sucks but I can't stand sitting back for 5 plays in base defense.

excellent point Z! i need to do that more than i do now since i run dem Ravens!!!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Defensive strategy/trends   Defensive strategy/trends EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 pm

bring heat as much as possible with the ravens haha.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Defensive strategy/trends   Defensive strategy/trends EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 am

chris wrote:
bring heat as much as possible with the ravens haha.

Chris...i got to get "quicker" on the sticks inreference to my set ups. i played a cat who used the Redskins and this dude was moving defenders and stacking them in gaps and certain parts of the field prior to my hot-routes and snaps. the result? lock up! lol! i have noticed that the last 5 players i faced did similiar adjustments with speed and precision. when i try it...my defender overshoot the spot where i want them to be and therfore....i have to reposition them...by that time...these cats have snapped the ball! lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defensive strategy/trends   Defensive strategy/trends Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive strategy/trends
Page 1 of 1