Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Demo first impressions

Go down 
+7
Patsfan26
cdbonds
ELeiser17
safemonk
bakagaijin
ZFarls
i3rian 87
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

Demo first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 am

first impressions from the very first time playing it:

- game moves a teensy bit slower than before
- damn they always find a way to get you! sure its 5 min qtrs but its accelerated play clock... oh well.
- gang tackling looks great
- the new playbook/play calling is hard to get re-adjusted to, for me at least
- the kick meter takes a little bit longer to fill... i missed a field goal that have been a chip shot in Madden 09
- action cam... booo
- no more playmaker-ing wide receivers while the play is unfolding, the right stick moves you around in the pocket
- an homage to tecmo super bowl... if its close to a first down they actually come out and measure... i can see this getting annoying over time though
- stay in the pocket, at least with Warner
- FINALLY the squib kick kickoff is available
- Maybe its just the demo, but I cant run commit, haven't tried pass committing
- woah, there are referees on the field, and they re-act properly, pre and post play

i lose 7-3 to the steelers.

overall first impression? this is sick! woooo
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Pumped to check it during lunch. I will post some impressions when later in the day hopefully after work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm

this was for 360 btw people... the ps3 one hasnt been available to download yet, unfortunately... i'll post up those too when the time comes
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:34 pm

OK, at first I hated the slowness. To me it seemed much much slower. Part of it was that I played the public demo first and played as the Giants. Manning's drop back in the pocket was very very slow. I kept getting sacked before I could even drop back.

When I played as the Cards in the Gamestop demo it seemed better. As the game when on I started getting used to the speed.

I agree with Brian about the play call screen. Takes some getting used to. You can only see 3 plays at one time rather than 4.

I used the Steelers PB and I like the formations I see. Tried out the wildcat formation and think it has some potential. It has no passing plays which I guess balances out it's effectiveness.

Also, the Steelers PB does not have the Gun Trips TE formation which was my favorite. Oh well. Wish I had access to all the PBs so I could start studying them.

Pocket protection is much better. You can sit in the pocket all day long sometimes unless the defense is comitting extra guys to rush.

That's all for now. I'll play again in a little bit and add any other impressions
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah, I got to play one offensive drive and one defensive series. It was slow overall and felt like college football with the plays you can call. The screen was a little wierd and don't love the overall drop back vibration. QB takes longer to throw. Will post more later

https://s641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Zfarls/Madden10Demo/

There are some photos there

Demo first impressions P1010946
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Some more impressions after my second game. Played as the Cards this time with the Cardinal PB.

- Don't like the Cardinal PB at all. Very few formations to choose from. They did have the "Pahoke" formation which is basically the Wildcat with Boldin taking the snaps. There was a play in there call Option Read or something which looked like you could either run or pass but I'm not sure how to do it. Maybe it is just a running play.

- Players get off the ground faster when they get knocked down. I used to always run toward players on the ground and know that I could jump over them but now they get up quicker than I thought that would.

- THe damn game is hard. I played on All-Madden and got my ass kicked by the Steelers. But I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on

- I had a hard time getting pressure. Seemed like Big Ben stood in the pocket forever and I could not get to him

- The Juke moves and Spin moves are much slower and not as pronounced

- Got picked off several times trying to rocket curl. THe defenders get in front and jump just as high as the WR

- Defenders react quick! On All-Madden, plays where I thoguht my guy was open and would have been open for sure on Madden 09, the defender would get there and swat it down or pick it off.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:10 pm

im installing the ps3 demo right now!!! cant wait to give it a whirl and tell people what i see!!!
Back to top Go down
safemonk

safemonk

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:14 pm

to bad there is still rocket catching on certain routes
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:20 pm

safemonk wrote:
to bad there is still rocket catching on certain routes

I think the term rocket catch is over used and used incorrectly. What do you mean rocket catch? You mean the WR jumped up to get the ball?

I have been able to make the WR jump up to get the ball but in 10 is seems like the defenders can jump up right along with the WR, negating the advantage they had in '09. This was called a RC in '09 but I don;t think the term means the same thing now in Madden 10
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Big discovery   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Well, big for me anyway. The Steelers PB actually does have the Gun Trips TE formation despite what I said before. It is called Trio and it has many of the same plays I loved from '09 and even has a WR screen!!!
Back to top Go down
ELeiser17

ELeiser17

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:58 pm

bakagaijin wrote:
It is called Trio and it has many of the same plays I loved from '09 and even has a WR screen!!!

Are screen plays still super effective?
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:59 pm

ok, ps3:

- so far, offense feels the same as 360... graphics are the same... gotta love HD gaming
- you CAN cancel play action, just like before, same way
- hrm, ok, just for the sake of trying it, i pressed Triangle while doing a rushing play prior to being tackled... it looked like i was doing a truck stick kinda thing, and i ended up getting jacked up, fumbling, and losing possession... maybe i just got jacked up and the Triangle was coincidence... something to look into...
- god, i hate action cam
- cant no huddle off of an incomplete pass...
- 51 yard field goal with Rackers flew through, would have made it from 60 prolly...96 kick power according to espn: http://espn.go.com/videogames/features/madden/madden10?teamId=7
- i'm noticing a lot of over the shoulder catch animations... even ones where the WR wouldnt have even known the ball was thrown
- just had DR-C jump, and intercept a curl route... all by himself... man coverage... could it be?!
- hit another FG, this time from 56... looking at the replay, it looks like i could have made it from 65... not kidding
- did a squib kickoff just for the sake of trying it... its interesting... although i dunno if it will be effective in competitive gaming.
- quick slants are proving verrrrry effective
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Correction.,.. Trio is not exactly like Trips TE.... the WRs are not in a tight bunch but are spread out a little more
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:07 pm

OK, just finished two more games... guys I think that broken tackles are going to be the big thing in 10. I swear to god when I was on defense, I could not bring down the guy with the ball. I was getting pissed. The Cards scored on me twice because of 3-4 broken tackles and then they would trot into the endzone. If that is what this comes down to, I am going to hate it. And the fumble functionality is BS.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:08 pm

And I still cannot get any heat on the QB. I have been trying that Quarter Combo Under Smoke blitz that is posted on this site. Doesn't do shit.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:11 pm

ELeiser17 wrote:
bakagaijin wrote:
It is called Trio and it has many of the same plays I loved from '09 and even has a WR screen!!!

Are screen plays still super effective?

Not sure yet. The Steelers PB, Gun Trio has 2 screens in it. THere is a WR screen which I ran a couple of times. They picked it off once and I got tackeled immediately the second time.

There is a HB screen called Slip Screen which is interesting. Takes awhile to develop but I got it off once and made a nice gain.
Back to top Go down
ELeiser17

ELeiser17

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:13 pm

ZFarls wrote:
https://s641.photobucket.com/albums/uu139/Zfarls/Madden10Demo/

Nice pictures. Do they let you use all of the different playbooks?
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Turbo blitzing does not seem to work.

As a matter of fact, sprinting in general does not seem to be as big a deal as before. I don't see much difference in the sprinting speed and the normal speed
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Just Pit and ARI in the one demo that I played.

Well hopefully they fixed the D-line and now we actually get to play defense. That would be pretty exciting.

Skill looks to be more important in this game, lets keep it going!
Back to top Go down
safemonk

safemonk

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:00 pm

heat is pretty easy nanos are so easy to find just run nickle strong strong man the heat gets to the qb a lot quicker than in madden 09. and the rc is the exact same animation as in madden 09.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:47 pm

safemonk wrote:
heat is pretty easy nanos are so easy to find just run nickle strong strong man the heat gets to the qb a lot quicker than in madden 09. and the rc is the exact same animation as in madden 09.

There is a lot more to the so called "rocket catch" than just the actually jump/catch animation. In 09 the reason it was effective was that it was possible to stop on a dime, turn around and then trigger that jump/catch animation. This coupled with the fact that the defense could not really duplicate this feat was the reason we had the rocket catch in 09.

Even if the actual jump/catch animation exists, that does not mean that the "rocket catch" will be an effective technique this year. I did see a post on another site though where someone said they were able to user catch a fade route in front of the defender and triggered the jump/catch animation. So it seems like it is possible but maybe just a little more difficult.
Back to top Go down
cdbonds

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:51 pm

what about the man coverage? is it more effective? it seemed like it might be even better than zone in ncaa 10. i dont have the demo for madden 10 or i would find out myself.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 pm

cdbonds wrote:
what about the man coverage? is it more effective? it seemed like it might be even better than zone in ncaa 10. i dont have the demo for madden 10 or i would find out myself.

Yeah, it seems like man is much better. I found that it comes down to the match up in Man coverage. A fast WR matched up against a slower defender is going to still get open but speed being equal or if the defender is faster, you are not likely to get open against man.
Back to top Go down
cdbonds

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:08 pm

awesome so ncaa 10 actually relates to madden 10 after all, i told yall that it might be better to base your d around man based on what i have found in ncaa. also quick slants in ncaa are rediculously good, especially against zone. if you have a 3 wr set bunched on one side of the field then try this strat and see if it helps. it works for me in ncaa. if it is man d, then have the outermost receiver and receiver closest to the o-line in the bunch run hot routed quick slants that cross each other and have the middle receiver of the bunch run a streak. the receiver that is running the slant towards the sideline will have a pick set for him and will almost always be open. also if u read zone d, have the receiver closest to the o-line run a streak, the middle receiver run a hot routed quick slant over the middle, and the outermost receiver run an in route, the streak combined with the out route will pull the mlb away from the slant route over the middle which should always be open.
Back to top Go down
safemonk

safemonk

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 pm

http://www.madden-school.com/madden-offensive-strategy-f92/video-of-rocket-catching-in-madden-10-t6061.htm#64562

check that link it shos the rc in madden 10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions Empty

Back to top Go down

Demo first impressions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next