Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Demo first impressions

Go down 
+7
Patsfan26
cdbonds
ELeiser17
safemonk
bakagaijin
ZFarls
i3rian 87
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Patsfan26

Demo first impressions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 9:08 pm

the RC era is over. last year you had to defend the fade,post, and the curl at the same time. But now the curl is gone and so is the playmaker which means people must make reads on the defense, find gaps in the zones, and run a lot to open the pass.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Patsfan26 wrote:
the RC era is over. last year you had to defend the fade,post, and the curl at the same time. But now the curl is gone and so is the playmaker which means people must make reads on the defense, find gaps in the zones, and run a lot to open the pass.

What do you mean the curl is gone? I was using curl routes all the time today in Madden 10. I think the rocket catch curl may be gone or reduced in effectivness if that is what you mean.
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 pm

The RC is extremely difficult to pull off in PS3, i tried probably 3-4 times and it got picked 2 and incomplete 2. All in all, i feel the demo is good and that Madden 10 is a definite upgrade over Madden 09. Good work EA!
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 am

OK, I seriously can't believe I am going to say this but I may not even buy Madden this year. I tried to have a open mind and all but frankly I think the thing fucking sucks. This whole tackling thing is complete bullshit. I just played a game against the Cardinals and 3 times their RB plowed up the middle, I stop him after about 3 yards and a few other guys come in to help but the dude doesn't go down... he just keeps pushing and eventually breaks out of the tackles and runs in for the TD. BULLSHIT!!!!

Maybe there is some technique I need to be using to bring the fucker down but I just don't like it. I can see if its just 1 on 1 but I had like 3 guys trying to pull him down. Sorry for the language but I am just really disappointed. I was so looking forward to Madden 10 and now I think I might just scrap it.

This was not just in 1 game mind you, this has been happening to me all day.

I'll give it a week before I make up my mind but so far I think the game sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
Flats Dolphins fan

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am

I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Just like any new feature. It will take time to develop the right technique and the knowledge to tackle a player.

I'm just got off work downloading it now.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 am

TRUST ME, I said the same thing about 09! I loved 08 or was atleast good at it. It takes you a while to carve a niche and find out what your good at.

We were very frustrated by 09 and it wasn't a very good game for the style we like to play. Hang in there with Madden 10 and you will like it by September 1st. Atleast you have to have that mindset. It will still bring alot of value on ebay then too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 am

Ya when the game comes out there will be a video about the new features and how to stop them.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 am

Oh, I wanted to share a couple of things I experienced in a game I played last night - thought it was cool.

First of all, playing as the Steelers I tried to RC a 10 yrd curl. Did LT pass lead up and Ben threw it high to my WR who started to jump high for the ball. A LB who was probably 5-8 yards to the left of my WR ran over and just skied for the ball and caught it 1 handed!!! I mean he actually picked it off with one hand. Never saw that animation before.

Second thing I saw was when I threw to my WR on a corner route, the defender was in man which in 09 means it would have been an easy completion with pass lead to the outside. THe defender closed the gap, turned and swatted it - the ball went right through his arm and my guy caught the ball. I did instant replay to make sure I was not seeing things and the ball literally went right through his forearm unimpeded.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Ok...

My impressions at this point...

Qb takes longer to throw.
-i have already found a way to by pass the auto drop back(we will post later)
- strafing and sprinting back on defense can't happen at the same time.
- I love the user catches on O
-i can still RC everything
- defense works from 09.

That's it from the 3 gms I played last night
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:28 pm

And the gameplay is slower than the actual game.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:31 pm

I still hate it but I'm starting to come around. I have noticed that you really have to user stuff a lot more. You can't rely on the CPU to make tackles. You gotta get someone in there and line it up for a solid tackle. And you can't think that 1 guy is going to bring the ball carrier down because most cases, he wont go down. So I guess its like other have said, stick skills are going to be more important than ever.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:40 am

That is the way it should be. Also the best strategic player should win. Madden is a chess game and it should be treated like it.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 am

Patsfan26 wrote:
That is the way it should be. Also the best strategic player should win. Madden is a chess game and it should be treated like it.

Yeah, I agree. I am still not happy about the breaking tackles aspect. I played a couple of games yesterday where I broke out of gang tackles and ran in for a TD in one case and broke a 30 yard run in the other case. Even though I benefited from it, I felt dirty like I cheated my opponent. That's just not right.

Are you guys not seeing this? I am getting it all the time. It is almost unseen where the ball carrier goes down quickly on first contact with a defender. Do you think that is how it is in real NFL games? I dunno, maybe on running plays that is true but I don't think so when a WR makes a catch. If he get hit right as he catches the ball he goes down hard almost 100% of the time.

I don't know, I'm starting to get used to it so I guess it is not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 am

Patsfan26 wrote:

i agree partially. yes, whoever is the better play caller should win. however, what makes Madden Madden is the element of stick. if i am better at juking, pressing stiff arm at the right moment, or whatever. if you call a play, and i user the safety, and completely read where you're going, and user pick it, even if i call a play where i user my man off of their proper assignment, then i still deserve the ball because i made the better play with my hands.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 1:31 pm

i3rian 87 wrote:
Patsfan26 wrote:

i agree partially. yes, whoever is the better play caller should win. however, what makes Madden Madden is the element of stick. if i am better at juking, pressing stiff arm at the right moment, or whatever. if you call a play, and i user the safety, and completely read where you're going, and user pick it, even if i call a play where i user my man off of their proper assignment, then i still deserve the ball because i made the better play with my hands.

Yeah, I agree Brian. I think a combination of excellent stick skills and great knowledge of the game and the ability to make the right calls/reads to counter what the opponent is doing (i.e. the mental aspect of the game) is what it should take to be an elite player. Not one or the other.

I don't want some idiot that knows 2 plays and happens to have great control over the stick to be able to beat me but it is also not fair if stick control means nothing. Should be an equal balance. Since I suck at the sticks, my preference is that a smart player should win out over a great stick, stupid player but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Ya it is a combination of the 2
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 7:28 pm

bakagaijin wrote:
Since I suck at the sticks, my preference is that a smart player should win out over a great stick, stupid player but that's just me.

the only way to get better on the stick is to just play and play and play. it will come eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:35 pm

i3rian 87 wrote:
bakagaijin wrote:
Since I suck at the sticks, my preference is that a smart player should win out over a great stick, stupid player but that's just me.

the only way to get better on the stick is to just play and play and play. it will come eventually.
Yeah it's getting better. But I am old so I doubt if I'll ever be able to compete with you young'ns in the stick control area
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:16 pm

lol then out strategize us and dont give us a chance 2 make plays with our stick.and honestly i like the new game although i can still make it rain rocket catch(on ps3) with fitz and drag route is somewhat overpowered i like the man coverage bump up but ive found that if u come out in acompressed set against man and motion ur slot reciever out he wont be picked up.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 am

sgibs7 wrote:
Ok...

My impressions at this point...

Qb takes longer to throw.
-i have already found a way to by pass the auto drop back(we will post later)
- strafing and sprinting back on defense can't happen at the same time.
- I love the user catches on O
-i can still RC everything
- defense works from 09.

That's it from the 3 gms I played last night

Hey r u using the same pass leads cuz I can't do it on corners.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:20 am

chris wrote:
lol then out strategize us and dont give us a chance 2 make plays with our stick.and honestly i like the new game although i can still make it rain rocket catch(on ps3) with fitz and drag route is somewhat overpowered i like the man coverage bump up but ive found that if u come out in acompressed set against man and motion ur slot reciever out he wont be picked up.

When you say the motioned slot is not picked up, do you mean the defender covering him does not move over along with the motion? Or are you just saying that he will not get bumped?

In either case, that seems like a bug that EA will fix once they find out about it (although, how that one would not already be notice during testing, I have no idea).
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 4:32 pm

i mean that he is not picked up when motioned therefore even on press coverage/bump n run he wont be bumped so its pretty much both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo first impressions   Demo first impressions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Demo first impressions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2