Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

EA... take my advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

EA... take my advice Empty
PostSubject: EA... take my advice   EA... take my advice EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:24 am

OK, so I am 2 days into Madden 11 and although I am not a long long time player I have to say this is the lowest quality release I have seen in the last 3-4 years. I am sure EA will patch stuff up and we will get used to the other stuff in time but really... there are just so many weird, stupid glitchy things about this version that it really disappointed me. It seems obvious to me that they are so focused on bring the new "gimmics" and features for marketing in order to sell copies that they are forgetting about basic quality assurance. So here is my advice to EA:

View your product as a dual mode product that should always have a "casual" gamer mode and a "hard core" gamer mode. Feel free to knock yourself out with all the crazy and most of the time stupid features like fight for the fumble, strategy pad (who was on crack when they came up with that idea?), changing the way the kickoff meter works, new play calling mode and whatever but put it in the "casual" mode. Marketing department knock yourself out. Hell, don't even put in new features and just come up with new marketing buzz words for those who dont know any better - we wont tell. Leave the "hardcore" mode basically alone year to year. Now if some new feature comes up and if the "hardcore" community falls in love with it - only then roll it in. Tournament and league players would rather have the consistency year over year I think.

Lets face it - when I think about why I continue to shell out $60 every year for this game I realize the main reasons are:
1. Roster updates
2. Updated ratings
3. New plays and formations (EA you screwed up this year on the playbooks my friends - they suck)
4. To play online with everyone else who went out and spent $60 on the new game.

Honestly, if M10 had a roster update and if everyone else was still online playing it, I would not even feel the need to get the new game.

EA, maybe if you took my advice you would have more time to quality assure your product and get rid of some of the really bad glitches that I am seeing in the game - HORRIBLE defense, guys just all of the sudden jumping 8 yards in one direction or the other, DBs and LBs dropping EASY picks about 98% of the time, bad Oline blocking again... it goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: EA... take my advice   EA... take my advice EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:21 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention one other annoying thing - not sure if it is a glitch or just something they intentional put in but does not add to the experience at all : about 30% of time I'll have a guy run out to the flat and be wide wide wide open and he doesn't even bother to turn around to look for the ball. The ball goes bouncing off the back of his helmet. Anyone else see that? Do you think that is a glitch or intentional on EA's part?
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: EA... take my advice   EA... take my advice EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 am

bakagaijin wrote:
Oh, and I forgot to mention one other annoying thing - not sure if it is a glitch or just something they intentional put in but does not add to the experience at all : about 30% of time I'll have a guy run out to the flat and be wide wide wide open and he doesn't even bother to turn around to look for the ball. The ball goes bouncing off the back of his helmet. Anyone else see that? Do you think that is a glitch or intentional on EA's part?

yes that happens to me all the time
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: EA... take my advice   EA... take my advice EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:33 pm

I bet it's just a route you guys are using that messes up.. I've never had that happen to me yet..

The defense is bad though... CBs will be 5 yds in front of the WR.. the ball will snap. WR runs into the CB.. CB bends his knees, turns around, runs after the WR.. WR gets TD because WR is 10 yds ahead of CB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA... take my advice   EA... take my advice Empty

Back to top Go down

EA... take my advice
Page 1 of 1