Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

My thoughts on Patch

Go down 
+21
ahousl1
xHHx_megatron
XxDaMole00xX
hitsquad
ZAN
WFColonel56
ZackMc72
WasItTehChad
LOTT0042
xHHx_JayNizz
laser rocket arm
SaintsG0Marchin'In
Tru Statement
elkonrado21
datnodude
YngClassic
jordantrav
wangtangkiki
sgibs
Ant1010
GunfusedX
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:41 pm

SaintsG0Marchin'In wrote:
sgibs wrote:
laser rocket arm wrote:
SaintsG0Marchin'In wrote:
Audibling has literally been removed from the game.. audibling as we know it anyway, I don't know what you call it now but you simply cannot audible like we have in madden since day 1... think I'm exaggerating? go into practice mode and see for yourselves.. don't even bother going into a real game and try to audible because it will just be one delay of game after another. Get ready to see no huddle offenses pretty much 99% of the time now. That's the only way around it, and that doesn't cancel it obviously it just gives you a lot more time... and your gonna need it lol.

good now maybe people will learn the game instead of just goin from snugs to a formation to another formation if you think that is realistic you must not watch football

I watch a lot of Patriots games - its about right on pace with what they do.

Because the game itself doesnt allow you to replicate what a actual team can do on Sundays ...what you mentioned above is just about as realistic as it gets...for Madden!

So I take it you like this change Gibs?

no i dont haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Ok.. I misunderstood.. I couldn't imagine you would like this..
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

@laser - I understand where you are coming from- but look at it from the flip side- its not evry realistic to come out in a play and not read the defense at all- call the play you see and thats that. In the NFL blocking assignments are changed all the time- guys go in motion-formations change etc etc.

Its give or take- I personally dont believe in judging how someone plays this game- because no matter how you slice it or dice it no one plays the way they do on Sundays- the game doesnt allow it.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

lol ughhhhh this practice mode crap is killin me
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 pm

I'll say this much this patch is game changing.. most patches come and go and don't register so much as a tremor on the 'ol madden richter scale, but this is a 10.0 civilization crumbling all out mega quake. Merry F'n Xmas guys. And let's be honest EA doesn't change things to make things ''more realistic'', changes are made to dumb the game down so that any casual gamer can pick up the sticks and be decent at this game...wow...
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm

we will figure out a way-

just keep pluggin away
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:06 pm

No doubt you guys have some of the best madden minds. a little patch will not stop you all from adapting. will it take a bit sure, will you work through it....definitely!
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:10 pm

it sounds rough im not going to lie-

I have a offense in mind for it tho
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah we'll figure it out and adjust no doubt... I just hate this kind of completely unnecessary change in the game... it's totally uncalled for and even though I'm sure they're aim was to help out the casual gamer in some way it, this change doesn't do that at all.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:14 pm

so the idea from this will be to find a COMPLETE formation fellas.

So you literally come out in one formation all game and just try to keep them guessing.

Strong Close from DAL could become even MORE important

HB screen
Counter,
Dive,
Toss
Deep Post left
Deep post right

its going to test us to change and adapt but I have no doubt we can do it
Back to top Go down
laser rocket arm

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:15 pm

yeah gibs your right im just sayin my style of play i like the new slower audibles for you guys that play in tournies and what not you guys are probably going to hate it
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:16 pm

@laser - we will just have to adapt

I'm alwasy up for a challenge.

cant stop wont stop!
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:21 pm

glad ive been runnin cover 4 since day 1....

now that its gotten a lil improvement, my zone gonna be hhhhhhhhhheeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 pm

sgibs wrote:
so the idea from this will be to find a COMPLETE formation fellas.

So you literally come out in one formation all game and just try to keep them guessing.

Strong Close from DAL could become even MORE important

HB screen
Counter,
Dive,
Toss
Deep Post left
Deep post right

its going to test us to change and adapt but I have no doubt we can do it

I agree with all of that.. Instead of audibling out a play into a different formations as much we're going to have to formation audible more.. just stay in that same formation .... that means which plays are your formations audibles are now a lot more important now and that will be a deciding factor when looking at a formation a lot more than it use to be, and heck that was already important, but now it's vital.
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:35 pm

you guys want to here my formation philosophy? i think that strong close will be back alot, split out of pass balanced and tight doubles i think youll see alot of these formations now.
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

too bad gibs u cant audible 6 times like u used to
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:04 pm

datnodude wrote:
too bad gibs u cant audible 6 times like u used to

Looks like we will just need to re-work a few things!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:37 pm

This works PERFECTLY for my play style! I've relied on my formation audibles from the get go. Just come out in a play out of that formation that isn't a quick audible and then put another play you like as one of your personal audibles. If done correctly, you should have 5 complete formations. Goal here is to create mini schemes within each formation. Might just have to do a write up on my O playbook for you guys. Because I honestly believe if this is the future of Madden, I might actually have something here. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm

GunfusedX wrote:
you guys want to here my formation philosophy? i think that strong close will be back alot, split out of pass balanced and tight doubles i think youll see alot of these formations now.

I dont know your reasoning but my offense is pretty much 75% strong close and tight doubles already Smile
Back to top Go down
ZackMc72

ZackMc72

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:43 pm

LBers hit gaps hard now. Running the ball is done besides draws it seems like.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:58 pm

i guess i will be one of the least effected by the patch....yay lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm

ZackMc72 wrote:
LBers hit gaps hard now. Running the ball is done besides draws it seems like.

Running isn't done. Running with bad Offensive Lines is done.

You need guys with good run block ratings to run the ball now. Run Block Strength = how much they move a guy. Run Block Footwork = whether or not they get off on the LBs filling the gaps or whether or not they get shed by a DLineman. Run the ball with the Giants or Jets or Ravens (or whoever else has a good line) and see for yourself
Back to top Go down
ZackMc72

ZackMc72

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Zone D still sucks. Might be a little better but its still ***.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 pm

So glad I kept NCAA.

I will say man defense is better. Not everyone is getting roasted.
-Switching on stick eliminates the flats, but the streaks are getting more open than before.

Players are aggressive in zone, but still aren't reacting to the ball in the air.

Audibling is messed up. You can thank Ask Madden for messing Madden 10 up completely with slant out mania and the fb dive glitch (which really doesnt affect the community outside lame ranked games). The new audible system is EA's lame counter to the fb dive pump fake glitch.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 pm

ok so I just got home.

I havent played a full game yet...but i dont see that big of a difference.

Literally I can do everything I did before- takes like a second longer - it will cause some mess ups in the begining but its really not a big issues so far with the limited time i have had the patch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on Patch
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next