Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

My thoughts on Patch

Go down 
+21
ahousl1
xHHx_megatron
XxDaMole00xX
hitsquad
ZAN
WFColonel56
ZackMc72
WasItTehChad
LOTT0042
xHHx_JayNizz
laser rocket arm
SaintsG0Marchin'In
Tru Statement
elkonrado21
datnodude
YngClassic
jordantrav
wangtangkiki
sgibs
Ant1010
GunfusedX
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 pm

i have always looked at the extra stuff in madden as extended ways to play madden to try and mimic Sundays

Stunts DONT WORK as designed in madden however throw in a contain and it does what a stunt is supposed to do cross up the linemen and confuse them while coverage sneaks in the back.

just one example
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:48 pm

If they are going to do audibles this way then they NEED to implement back to having audibles FLIPPED at the audible screen....

I forsee this a lot (not the exact forms, but the concept)

Come out Gun Open Trey
Aud into goaline
Wait for WR on right to run CLEAR to left to get in spot
But wait, I want to flip my goaline, so I flip....runs CLEAR to the right.
But my opponent adjusts to my run so i cant quick aud until my guys reset again...

DELAY OF GAME
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 pm

sgibs wrote:

well of course- you can still get beat but im REALLY like how zone is playing right now

thats great....Im sure if u like it, then Im sure I will just be amazed... I never really liked playin man cov till I found out how easy it was to beat zone, but I feel like I can have my shutdown d like I did in M10...but I wont know for sure till I get on later. U got my hopes up

Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:56 pm

yea u cannot play madden like real life...the game isnt built like that..i try but the concepts just dont apply in madden..its about exploiting the ai and finding glitches..and that sucks
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 pm

ZAN wrote:
If they are going to do audibles this way then they NEED to implement back to having audibles FLIPPED at the audible screen....

Come out Gun Open Trey
Aud into goaline
But my opponent adjusts to my run so i cant quick aud until my guys reset again...

DELAY OF GAME

thats the problem...we all should be able to come out in a play...make minor adjustments..and run it..

NOT come out in a play. audible to a completely different formation...audible back to original formation... just tryin to get a complete advantage over the defense..

Instead we should be looking at the defensive matchups...looking to see if the d is in man or zone cov....or is the d blitzing, so do I need to have a hot read not...

lol...I agree wit u zan...we are gonna see a lot of delayed games for now, till everyone adjusts
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Megatron_81 wrote:
ZAN wrote:

Come out Gun Open Trey
Aud into goaline

DELAY OF GAME

thats the problem...we all should be able to come out in a play...make minor adjustments..and run it..

NOT come out in a play. audible to a completely different formation...audible back to original formation... just tryin to get a complete advantage over the defense..

Instead we should be looking at the defensive matchups...looking to see if the d is in man or zone cov....or is the d blitzing, so do I need to have a hot read not...

lol...I agree wit u zan...we are gonna see a lot of delayed games for now, till everyone adjusts

a lot of the times you see those changes is because of the changes the defense will make for what the offense is doing.

In the NFL you dont see defense making all the adjustments that you see in Madden.

So i dont tihnk the issue lies within what the offense is doing. More so the offense changing bc of what the defense is doing.

If the defense didnt adjust it would be okt o just stay in one formation. then again if the defense didnt adjust we would go back to Madden 07 on NG...

I also think thats its not fair to judge someone on how they play...you way isnt better then my way and my way isnt better then your way.

As long as no blatent gltiches are used (pump fake glitch) then someone can play however they want. To say its cheese is not fair because you can bounce it right back in there face and say the same exact thing and then in the end whose right? The eye of the beholder thats who.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm

sorry but there willl never be a football game that comes down to x's and o's there will always be exploits and certain routes/route combos that work the better then others.

my favorite part about madden is finding crazy things.

i have no problem with people audibling back and forth, if the game gave us the option to pick our formation audibles and also gave us the optoin to hot route any route in the game, then audibling would be a problem
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I also want to note that in the NFL they play mind games all the time....with player packages and personal.

for example...Patriots send in a 3 TE package 1 back and 1 WR.

If its not no huddle the defense will send out there package which would most likely mirror a 4-3 or there beef package bc they are expecting run.

What happens next is taht when the Patriots break the huddle they are in a shotgun empty formation and now the defense is in a terrible mismatch. Belichek has publicly sstated many times (on the Big Show weei 850 radio station) said they will wait for the other team to subsitute then they will call the play in- ie if they see a dime packge or a nickel they will look to run and vice versa.

This type of mind game doesnt really work in Madden -- the way I play Madden is off the 5 forms for success which is similar to how the Patriots run there offense- they are always looking to gain the edge off player personal and packaging.

I do the same by trying to create mismatches with specific fomrations that require specific defenses to defend each.

Again this is another way to try and mimic what the NFL is doing and that is something that cant be replicated in Madden.
Back to top Go down
ahousl1

ahousl1

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 pm

I don't know how long you have been able to do this, I know it didn't always work, but now you can come out in 5 wide and audible to a run placing anyone at HB. I was messing with the eagle today and audibled jackon to RB. If you have been able to do this just ignore me.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:19 pm

what 5 wide did you try it from?

was it Gun Empty Trey? where the TE is on the LOS?

you could always do it from there. If its a true 5 wr set then thats new lol
Back to top Go down
YngClassic

YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 pm

2 thumbs up from me, just played a guy who had a 205-59 record and i used the vikings, he used the titans, he quit, CJ had -2 yards rushing, moss had 2 rec 13 yards, and vince got sacked 5 times, it was towads the end of the 3rd quarter.zone is a back in business and the vikes are to be feared once again.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Megatron_81 wrote:
xHHx_JayNizz wrote:
why do people keep making references back to the NFL????? its freaking stupid

if you play madden like NFL teams play football you will get smacked PLAIN AND SIMPLE

this is madden not NFL.

If it was effective in real life they would do it.

also if blitzing three guys off the edge was just as effective that would to it also.

madden is based off the NFL. and that is the direction madden is heading to.. Whats effective in real life is effective in madden.

Its the people that do the cheesy stuff EXAMPLE - spying two dts to stop a run play and shaking the LBS for 3-4, 46 whatever ( that is real shitty and are good examples of abusing the game IMO )

its against those people that playing a sim style wont work. If u take all the stuff out, then it comes down x's and o's

teams do blitz 3 guys off of one side. I guarentee it..jets, steelers to name examples.

Teams do blitz off the edge i will give you that. In some sense, all the hike throws and quick *** passes don't really work in the NFL. The flat is open in the NFL ALL THE TIME. But teams have great closing speeed, like all teams do it's crazy. But Megatron please tell me you're ps3, you sound like me and the issues i have with this game. we should get a game.
Back to top Go down
laser rocket arm

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 pm

i think now they should take away the accelerated clock this would help out for the ppl that are not happy with the new patch i think... i could be wrong
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Ant1010 wrote:
Megatron_81 wrote:
xHHx_JayNizz wrote:

if you play madden like NFL teams play football you will get smacked PLAIN AND SIMPLE

this is madden not NFL.

also if blitzing three guys off the edge was just as effective that would to it also.

madden is based off the NFL. and that is the direction madden is heading to.. Whats effective in real life is effective in madden.

Its the people that do the cheesy stuff EXAMPLE - spying two dts to stop a run play and shaking the LBS for 3-4, 46 whatever ( that is real shitty and are good examples of abusing the game IMO )

its against those people that playing a sim style wont work. If u take all the stuff out, then it comes down x's and o's

teams do blitz 3 guys off of one side. I guarentee it..jets, steelers to name examples.

Teams do blitz off the edge i will give you that. In some sense, all the hike throws and quick *** passes don't really work in the NFL. The flat is open in the NFL ALL THE TIME. But teams have great closing speeed, like all teams do it's crazy. But Megatron please tell me you're ps3, you sound like me and the issues i have with this game. we should get a game.

so your tellin me that nfl teams blitz three guys off the left edge and then put the other guys in zones and expect to get pressure??

uhhhh doubt it
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:50 pm

xHHx_JayNizz wrote:
Ant1010 wrote:
Megatron_81 wrote:
xHHx_JayNizz wrote:

this is madden not NFL.

so your tellin me that nfl teams blitz three guys off the left edge and then put the other guys in zones and expect to get pressure??

uhhhh doubt it

No im serious. In the tampa Bay and Redskins game. You get 3 man rush off the strong side, the weak side of the line you had the Redskins lineman just looking around for who to block. It happens. My Cowboys do ot. They will have Ware, Spencer and Ratliff rushing, all off the edge. Then they drop fat *** igor into coverage. Everything isn't about pressure.
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

no actually he isnt kidding jaynizz lol, i remember seeing it when the steelers played the ravens monday night, Harrison timmons and keisel all blitzed one side and harrison came off free
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Ant1010 wrote:

nah im on the 360...
Back to top Go down
ahousl1

ahousl1

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 pm

It was the only 5 wide from Houston PB. IDK if TE was in the package or not, but i don't think there was. I have also noticed the new patch has caused connection issues and run defense seems a lot better, anyone else noticed this?
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm

ok well i guess i stand corrected
Back to top Go down
Alyoyo

Alyoyo

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 pm

laser rocket arm wrote:
i think now they should take away the accelerated clock this would help out for the ppl that are not happy with the new patch i think... i could be wrong
then games would be lasting forever lol
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 pm

.....hahaha

I was gonna say...Teams stack three on the edge against the Bears all day, because they cant pick up edge heat. It's realistic.
Back to top Go down
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:47 pm

what has the patch really fixed besdies allowing slow people to setup defense and zone getting better lol
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 am

jets run overload blitzes like that..but it doesnt matter the stuff ppl do in madden is not done in real life...u rarely see a defense change its formation they may audible to a different coverage but never will they come out in dime then switch to a 4-3 before the ball is snapped..ppl that know nothing about football can play madden because is about glitches and exploits
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am

xHHx_JayNizz wrote:

this is madden not NFL.

false.....i have been playing madden (offense fully and some defense) like how nfl teams would play and I have had 3 amazing years online (and hopefully will have a great 2nd half to M11)

The best offense in madden imo is an offense like an actual teams offense...0 tells at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:20 am

xHHx_JayNizz wrote:
Ant1010 wrote:
Megatron_81 wrote:
xHHx_JayNizz wrote:

this is madden not NFL.

uhhhh doubt it
Jim Johnson used this more than any coach i think....he will line up on defense the same way on two plays. the first play he will bring the heat rushing 5+ players trying to see how the O Line adjusts to the pressure. The next play he will line up the same (knowing ahead of time how the OL is thinking about pickking up the heat) but he will only rush 3 or four and he is able to get the same heat
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on Patch
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next