Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

My thoughts on Patch

Go down 
+21
ahousl1
xHHx_megatron
XxDaMole00xX
hitsquad
ZAN
WFColonel56
ZackMc72
WasItTehChad
LOTT0042
xHHx_JayNizz
laser rocket arm
SaintsG0Marchin'In
Tru Statement
elkonrado21
datnodude
YngClassic
jordantrav
wangtangkiki
sgibs
Ant1010
GunfusedX
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Only issue that will be annoying is that if I see dive and motion my guy over and want to go back to the toss I have to let him run all the way over and then all the way back
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Motion is the part thats frustrating- have to be sure now with your motion but even then I still dont see the issue with not being able to get hot routes in
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:48 pm

when i was hearing all the horror stories today about the new audible system I was under the assumption of the following...

if you audibled you couldnt make adjustments to the play you audibled to until they were set and you couldnt flip the play either.

I really dont think this is as big a issue as we all thought fellas
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Ok my verdict this far is this...

Is it annoying? Yes!

Does it change the way you run your offense? A tad bit - we will all need to be a bit more precise with our play call!

Has a game changing patch happened before? Yes! Look to last year when they took out force motions and the ability to hot route right off the get go.

Gentlemen we will be ok.
Back to top Go down
hitsquad

hitsquad

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:54 pm

ZackMc72 wrote:
LBers hit gaps hard now. Running the ball is done besides draws it seems like.
i just won a game 56-7 and i went all out run only threw 5 passes
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 pm

as far as im concerned the game is still fair for everyone
Back to top Go down
XxDaMole00xX

XxDaMole00xX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:01 pm

The fact that my offense has to be set before I can audible again, IMO is realistic to some sort. I mean the Madden Developing team is trying to make this a sim style game and never in the NFL do you see teams call audible after audible before the snap. They might make route adjustments or maybe one audible but thats it.

People have been so used to the "tourny" style things Madden has allowed over the years but once one thing gets removed they cant do it anymore and complain.

As a football fan in general it was a great move becasue its sim and realistic, people just dont like it cuz they are used to the crap Madden has allowed people to do over the years.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 pm

purples play the deep sidelines better

but cover 3 still cant defend the 4 vert scheme-

zones def play better- man is tighter- a streak deep with a fast WR isnt 100% for beating them anylonger-

thats a shame i liked the way the deep ball worked this year.
Back to top Go down
XxDaMole00xX

XxDaMole00xX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Zone Defense needed a lot of work in Madden. I've played a lot of both Madden and NCAA and NCAA had much better defensive schemes and assigments were run more effectively!
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:06 pm

WOWWWWW yellows defend slant outs AMAZINGLY!!!
Back to top Go down
XxDaMole00xX

XxDaMole00xX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 pm

sgibs wrote:

Do they seem more committed to actually going after the WR and the ball? lol
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:09 pm

so here me out on this.

Im going to do a Mad Den TV- I put together a work around for the Strong Close situation.

For example if you see Toss then the D changes and you say ok I want to do the Dive but you already motioned- video will be up later!
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:12 pm

XxDaMole00xX wrote:
sgibs wrote:

Do they seem more committed to actually going after the WR and the ball? lol

so heres how i would explain it...

before if you waited long enough the zone would lose depth and the deep route would win.

seems now that the zone plays the depth better and you have to WAIT LONGER for the route to develop which ultimatly means if you get good pressure then they cant wait on the route

make sense?

Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:19 pm

I havnt tried out the patch yet...but from what I hear its gonna take alot away from the cheesers!! haha... realistically, what team in the nfl audibles from snugs to strong close (which seems to be the popular thing to do, not pointing out anyone in specific).. uh no one..

it was a pain audibling for defense cause the offense will audible, I get the d setup, then the o audibles again..and the process continues.. so now I wont have to worry bout gettin my d setup quick enough and the offense wont have an advantage..

this is good news.

I like the good input bout zone D
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:21 pm

49ers>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing shutdown d atleast i hope so.

im going to play a few games on saloon or rival spot to test it out.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Megatron_81 wrote:
I havnt tried out the patch yet...but from what I hear its gonna take alot away from the cheesers!! haha... realistically, what team in the nfl audibles from snugs to strong close (which seems to be the popular thing to do, not pointing out anyone in specific).. uh no one..

it was a pain audibling for defense cause the offense will audible, I get the d setup, then the o audibles again..and the process continues.. so now I wont have to worry bout gettin my d setup quick enough and the offense wont have an advantage..

this is good news.

I like the good input bout zone D

I would rather you just come out and take the shot at me lol - no worries man you are entitled to your opinion.

However the same gameplan will still work- the earlier reports of what guys were saying I just dont see it really lol
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:25 pm

@megatron a nice setup for zone is two purps on the outside with 2 deeps- with pressure this will stop Americas O right now
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:28 pm

why do people keep making references back to the NFL????? its freaking stupid

if you play madden like NFL teams play football you will get smacked PLAIN AND SIMPLE

this is madden not NFL.

If it was effective in real life they would do it.

also if blitzing three guys off the edge was just as effective that would to it also.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm

sgibs wrote:
@megatron a nice setup for zone is two purps on the outside with 2 deeps- with pressure this will stop Americas O right now

lol...cv2 hawk! Smile
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 pm

i make some adjustments to bring pressure...i dont run it stock lol...
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Megatron_81 wrote:
i make some adjustments to bring pressure...i dont run it stock lol...

well of course- you can still get beat but im REALLY like how zone is playing right now
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

gunfused plays zone
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 pm

interesting
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 pm

gunfused played zone before the patch . lol talking in 3rd person
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:39 pm

xHHx_JayNizz wrote:
why do people keep making references back to the NFL????? its freaking stupid

if you play madden like NFL teams play football you will get smacked PLAIN AND SIMPLE

this is madden not NFL.

If it was effective in real life they would do it.

also if blitzing three guys off the edge was just as effective that would to it also.

madden is based off the NFL. and that is the direction madden is heading to.. Whats effective in real life is effective in madden.

Its the people that do the cheesy stuff EXAMPLE - spying two dts to stop a run play and shaking the LBS for 3-4, 46 whatever ( that is real shitty and are good examples of abusing the game IMO )

its against those people that playing a sim style wont work. If u take all the stuff out, then it comes down x's and o's

teams do blitz 3 guys off of one side. I guarentee it..jets, steelers to name examples.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Patch   My thoughts on Patch - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on Patch
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next