Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

How to beat zone D

Go down 
+3
MisterMazin
ZAN
SasserAssassin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Formation:Spread Flex(i know its in Carolina)
Play: Slot Cross
Setup: I like to Motion in X for extra protection
Reads: If you have enough time B will get wide open against ANY zone.
If he isnt open the delay route ussally gets open.
thanks
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Great $$$ play....but it's not a traditional zone beater. It's not often you get THAT much time to throw. This play is also in pass balanced.

A zone beater in that formation would be the quick pass audible, and putting the outside WRs on curls. Versus a cover 2, you throw the curls. Versus a cover 3, you throw the quick flat.

IMO, man beaters are route combos that beat man coverage via assignment switches or double moves that shake defensive backs. Zone beaters are plays that utilize decoy routes to pull zones and open up passing windows OR a combination of routes the flood an area and force 1 defender to defend two men in his area (i.e. hi-low passing concept, horizontal spacing concept, or levels flood concept to pull zones horizontally and open up the area to a trailing WR)

$$$ plays aren't either of the above. They are just plays you go to when a certain scenario presents itself, or are utilized REGARDLESS of the coverage (i.e. deep skinny posts versus zone coverage with no user over the top or TE Out/689 hook versus ANY play defensively)

Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Ya thats true.
But in madden the safties want to cheat up and guard the crossing route. Its just the AI
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:27 pm

But you still don't get time to throw the ball if they gas you up. If they blitz off the side that the RB is releasing to....you are screwed....He will never release and you'll eventually get sacked.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:29 pm

I know
Back to top Go down
MisterMazin

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 pm

it can really be done with any play. you just dont send anyone deep on one side and then on the other side you have like a deep post. the blue zones bit up and the deep ball is wide open.
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:50 pm

ZAN wrote:
OR a combination of routes the flood an area and force 1 defender to defend two men in his area (i.e. hi-low passing concept, horizontal spacing concept, or levels flood concept to pull zones horizontally and open up the area to a trailing WR)

Football concepts like this are great. I love football, I play at a high level. However the more I try to force 1 defender to defend two people in his zone (regardless of the concept) the more I realize they're often 90% capable of doing that in madden.
Back to top Go down
n3tz0mb13

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:53 am

try runnin the ball, works 4 me. Seems 2 me that if your successful runnin , u can expect MAN - which leads 2 opens up the passn lanes...
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:06 am

Tru Statement wrote:
ZAN wrote:
OR a combination of routes the flood an area and force 1 defender to defend two men in his area (i.e. hi-low passing concept, horizontal spacing concept, or levels flood concept to pull zones horizontally and open up the area to a trailing WR)

Football concepts like this are great. I love football, I play at a high level. However the more I try to force 1 defender to defend two people in his zone (regardless of the concept) the more I realize they're often 90% capable of doing that in madden.
are u matching your WRs speed with the route combos then? If 1 WR is that much faster than the other one some isolation zone beaters wont work (follow for example)..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
mdolla

mdolla

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 am

I found this play a month ago. This formation is the best in the game. One problem is if you run that deep play you HAVE to have a super accurate qb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to beat zone D Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat zone D   How to beat zone D Empty

Back to top Go down

How to beat zone D
Page 1 of 1