Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

You Know You're Playing a Bum When......

Go down 
+36
wandeezy623
king_jason2
North_Nj_201
xHHx_JayNizz
Cochlea
Oso_Ruthless
jayfury
ticklemeelmo
SaintsG0Marchin'In
feltmonster
Hoshdude7
xHHx_VaBeach757
PeytonMvPManning
Th3 Ac3r
Coachchris10
2020_ht
jordanl95
mikeyd0808
Rivers Clutch
hutch
shane_rlly2
spacab
KiLLa 21G
WFColonel56
TheHungryMann
krod516
kamikazefireball
slezy187
Sjack39
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL
Stock1528
JakeH23
sgibs
ZFarls
wangtangkiki
Militant X 1
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cochlea

Cochlea

You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:24 pm

xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL wrote:
can someone explain y that is a bum move. icant believe u r serious

It certainly depends on your point of view. There's two ways to look at it:

1. Sweet! He's an idiot, and he'll fail (GoalLineDFTW), and I'm going to win this game

2. There's a sense of jubilation when you get your opponent into 4th-and-17. It comes from watching a lot of real football... At that point, you know you're going to get the ball back. You played good D, and you earned that punt. The end of the third down play that left your opponent in 4th-and-17 gives you a excited, exultant feeling of "Take that! Now punt me the d@mn ball!!!" As soon as your opponent takes their time choosing their next play, you realize they might be going for it... And then they come out in a 3 WR set, and it's a downer, because in your mind they're already punting. In the NFL, there's no way you don't get the ball there, it's what you expect. And now, when in your mind you were already planning your next offensive series, you have to shift back to defensive mode and once again work to earn the ball back. It takes your mind quickly from a state of relaxed elation to a state of having to go back to work. And that is why it is a bum move.

Of course, if your mentality aligns with #1 above, then #2 probably makes no sense to you, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 pm

4th n17 on ur first drive probly in their fg range is saying if dont this i dont plan on finishing this game basically
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 pm

lol this is a funny thread but any play that is in the game aka slot screen is not cheese it is a legit football play. there are teams that run more screens than usual or throw the ball from shotgun all the time or have a bad QB and elect to pound the rock all game to set up little PA passes and quick strikes to the flats. Look at Favre he threw more quick passes to sidelines this year of 1 o2 2 yards and ran tons of slip screens to Peterson and I dont think I heard the other team yelling cheese every time he did this i also dont hear peple yelling cheese when Vince Young runs for a first down on 3rd and 16 late in the game its just good football so if the play is in the game and someone wants to utilize it and they can do it well it is not cheese its just a good play!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:02 pm

when they pick the Titans and just try to sweep/pitch left or sweep/pitch right to C Johnson the entire game and also mixing in screen lefts and screen rights and a few roll out left and throw right or roll out right and throw left plays.....only to get all that garbage locked up by Ray Lewis and company! oh yeah....the cat playing like that was a lvl 19. smh!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:26 am

you know you are a bum if you call someones way of playing cheap becuase you cant stop

(everything in the game is stopable you just have to be goodenough to stop it)
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 am

You know you're playing a bum when.....

You sack the QB 5 times when he's undercenter.. then they continue to get sacked by playing undercenter..

Also...

You play a lvl 16 and beat him by 30 points.. and the entire game, his only tactics are to do a screen pass, and try to run the toss play with Chris Johnson, but you shut it down because you just play man.. and contain your DEs.. then you think to yourself AND you message the player.. "How did you get to level 16? How do you have 200 wins.. you are pitiful. You do screens EVERY OTHER play.. and I can tell because you have 3 WR.. 1 RB.. 1 TE.. EVERY TIME YO DO A SCREEN LOL.. and I can see your formation.. how does that work against other people? "

OR...

you play a guy that has 324 wins, and 91 losses,[PLUS HE HAS THE WIDE CAMERA ANGLE] and you lock up his offense on the first drive.. and he tries to go for it on 4th down on his 20, and you shut it down, THEN you get on offense and score a TD on the 2nd play of the game.
FINALLY when you attempt to do an extra point, he blocks the kick, and it ends the game so it never counted..

(This ******* I played used wide camera angle just so he could block a kick and make the game disconnect if he was losing... just go for 2 if a high-level guy with an unbelievable record tries to block your kick..)

HERE'S HIS NAME: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/PS3/TitoDaWildCard
Back to top Go down
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:02 am

or when every pass play is an interecetion
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 am

wangtangkiki wrote:

You play a lvl 16 and beat him by 30 points.. and the entire game, his only tactics are to do a screen pass, and try to run the toss play with Chris Johnson, but you shut it down because you just play man.. and contain your DEs.. then you think to yourself AND you message the player.. "How did you get to level 16? How do you have 200 wins.. you are pitiful. You do screens EVERY OTHER play.. and I can tell because you have 3 WR.. 1 RB.. 1 TE.. EVERY TIME YO DO A SCREEN LOL.. and I can see your formation.. how does that work against other people? "

Wang....did we play the same cat bruh? lol! i just played a lvl 19 cat that tried this garbage and i locked it up.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Stormyday

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:27 pm

...he runs direct snap,toss, screen. Then he audible,audible, audible and repeat the whole sequence over and over. Cmon Man!!!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:22 pm

What's wrong with audibles?

Also, I feel like ppl think we're complaining that their tactics are lame. I'm not saying that. I'm saying it's really boring to play someone that does that ESPECIALLY if you can stop them every play. He literally did 3 screens in a row.. RB.. RB.. WR screen.. I stopped them everytime.. it was funny, but boring after a while.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:45 pm

You know your playing a bum when..........

He picks the Raiders, comes out in Split Offset every play, and rotates between HBDS, HB Power O, and HB Slip Screen.. He runs the screen every play, and ran power O maybe twice and HBDS like 3 times.. He took the snap (got immediate control of the QB because it was a screen), rolled to the right, and tried to hit Hayward-Bay on a outside slant the WHOLE game.. Just to see Gradkowski overthrow it every time except for once..

He ended the game with 36 passing attempts, complete one to Hayward-Bay, and threw a couple to McFadden for the screen where he lost at least 5 yards each time..

He was a level 22
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:

He picks the Raiders, comes out in Split Offset every play, and rotates between HBDS, HB Power O, and HB Slip Screen.. He runs the screen every play, and ran power O maybe twice and HBDS like 3 times.. He took the snap (got immediate control of the QB because it was a screen), rolled to the right, and tried to hit Hayward-Bay on a outside slant the WHOLE game.. Just to see Gradkowski overthrow it every time except for once..

He ended the game with 36 passing attempts, complete one to Hayward-Bay, and threw a couple to McFadden for the screen where he lost at least 5 yards each time..

He was a level 22

Yep. Those guys take advantage of the fact that most players don't know how to defend a screen properly. I've met so many lvl 15+ that have great records just because they play people that can't defend a screen. I've beat almost every one of them. After every game, I ask them.. is that really your offense? How do you have that many wins with that pathetic of an offense?
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:21 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

He was a level 22

Yep. Those guys take advantage of the fact that most players don't know how to defend a screen properly. I've met so many lvl 15+ that have great records just because they play people that can't defend a screen. I've beat almost every one of them. After every game, I ask them.. is that really your offense? How do you have that many wins with that pathetic of an offense?

I ask people that when they use the "NE SCHEME"....I dnt even waste my time playing those guys....I got better uses for my time, like playing people with real offenses...I just quit...I dnt even care... They can say that they ran a lvl 26 off but i really dnt care

Its to the point where you can tell a players entire offense just by seeing the playbook he/she picks...And with those playbooks (u knw the ones) there is way more than enough fire formations to use other than the NORM that you see
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

He was a level 22

I ask people that when they use the "NE SCHEME"....I dnt even waste my time playing those guys....I got better uses for my time, like playing people with real offenses...I just quit...I dnt even care... They can say that they ran a lvl 26 off but i really dnt care

Its to the point where you can tell a players entire offense just by seeing the playbook he/she picks...And with those playbooks (u knw the ones) there is way more than enough fire formations to use other than the NORM that you see

Whats "the NE SCHEME" Question
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 am

you know you are playing a bum.......

when they are a lvl 26 running the Raiders (with all of that speed) and you (me of course) are running the Ravens w/slower wrs and they get rocked 27-7 due to his blocking a field goal. and when it is late in the 4th qrtr you get the "your opponent has lost connection" w/o receiving the "continue the game vs the cpu" message only to then find out that you yourself was completely booted off the game with no record of it ever being played. huh? smh @ that one!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 am

when you are playing a guy and the very first play he runs is an obvious WR screen and you INT with the DE in a contain and take it to the house, then you kick off and his very next offensive play he runs the exact same screen and you INT it again then he quits LMFAO!! afterward you look at your history and find out this guy was a level 20! why do people play bums just to get a high level I dont get it... lol.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
WFColonel56 wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

He was a level 22

direct snap, slot screen, wr screen are the main plays....but to add on you also can run the HB power to work along side the direct snap... That is pretty much it

I knw that that is the scheme of some of the people on this site, and that isnt me taking a shot at u (since I havent played u)....But that PB has way to many fire formations to even take step in that 1 gun formation
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:
WFColonel56 wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

He was a level 22

direct snap, slot screen, wr screen are the main plays....but to add on you also can run the HB power to work along side the direct snap... That is pretty much it

I knw that that is the scheme of some of the people on this site, and that isnt me taking a shot at u (since I havent played u)....But that PB has way to many fire formations to even take step in that 1 gun formation

Haha nah i dont run that, i was just wondering because i had played a couple of people who i saw who picked NE playbook and looked like they didnt know what they were doing.. Yea but out of that double flex TE (i think thats it) is deadly, because you can come out in HBDS, down audible to Power O, quick pass is slot screen, and then have FL Screen in your audibles.. I have played one person who did that, but i didnt know that was "the NE scheme"
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:46 pm

But what I find funny is that there is an even better doubles formation 2 formations under it...you can motion B WR left and create the TRIO look which gives u quads (4 WR options including the HB) on the left....but nobody runs that
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:57 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
But what I find funny is that there is an even better doubles formation 2 formations under it...you can motion B WR left and create the TRIO look which gives u quads (4 WR options including the HB) on the left....but nobody runs that

I wouldn't say NOBODY runs that...... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:01 pm

lol....gotta love it
Back to top Go down
xHHx_VaBeach757

xHHx_VaBeach757

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:06 pm

yeah, definitly a diamond n the ruff
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning

PeytonMvPManning

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:46 pm

when you beat a lvl 37 that thinks hes really good and is in so called crew and everything and he says his lil bro was playin the whole time after i was beating him 31-0 at half and he wont just take his loss like a man
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 am

the person ur playing sends u a message everytime u score sayin how lucky u are and how bad u suck...

this happen to me yesterday... you know ur playin a bum when ur opponent bit**** cuz he caint stop the rc and has the nerve to say the only u can do is rocket catch but yet he only scored 7 points on my defense....ugh....scored was like 40 somethin to 7 LMAO

last one..u know ur playing a bum when they use the 3-4 drop zone everyplay even when u are running the ball....and when they use that play and control a dlinemen and uses him as an extra linebacker or try to atleast haha LMAO...
Back to top Go down
TCoach

TCoach

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

you know ur playin a bum when they try to do the PA Deep Outs RC from 09 repeatedly all game hahahaha happend to me today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're Playing a Bum When......   You Know You're Playing a Bum When...... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

You Know You're Playing a Bum When......
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4