Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?

Go down 
+23
WFColonel56
ZFarls
Frunkis
North_Nj_201
Militant X 1
pardity
gdbrooks55
madden person
jayfury
Cochlea
Geordaigs
mdolla
mr down bad
JokerGotDots
snaponic
ZAN
sgibs
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL
bahdbwoy
xHHx_VaBeach757
randers
wangtangkiki
xhhxbronco
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ZAN

ZAN

SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Geogiedaigs, where did you find the archive of the actual game itself?
Back to top Go down
jayfury

jayfury

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:37 pm

i keep reading about people saying sgibs need to retire the titans. but i don't see them as the problem. by watching the games it's always been some wacky fumble or breaking of 4 tackles type play that has been the difference in the outcome. not to mention picking a new defense that you're still feeling out and playing some great competition that knows everything you're bringing to the table (because or the show and/or ebooks). i kinda seen it as sgibs is always at a disadvantage because he doesn't know his opponent, but his opponent knows him, and very well most cases.

about the FG block... scratch so what. ain't that serious to me.
Back to top Go down
jayfury

jayfury

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:38 pm

ZAN wrote:
Geogiedaigs, where did you find the archive of the actual game itself?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/this-week-in-madden
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Thanks, jay....I'm stupid and forgot the date
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:43 pm

yeah as jay posted watched it on Ustream.

G
Back to top Go down
madden person

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:05 pm

you xhhx guys are getting annoying. What are you guys? An ONLINE crew. You guys act like y'all the sh!t. Leave gibs alone. Everybody has blocked a FG before, and you act like its a sin. Like you said, "if HE is running a website , he should be able to do what he feels"
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm

i think the penance idea is kinda funny lol

dont let farls know about it though...he will be all for it lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Yeah would be fun to do a forfeit Sgibs.

Over here in the U.K we have a show every saturday morning called Soccer am.....if any of the cast mess up on the show they have to 'Take one for the team'
(you can youtube soccer am 'take one for the team' hard to explain)

You could do something similar in concept within the Madden bible, it does stop disgruntled posts or messages when a bit of fun is injected into mistakes.

G
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:35 pm

LOL, the game was MOST likely over.

Yeah he blocked the kick with me up 9, going on 10...

...then he (as good as) housed the ensuing kickoff...

THAT had me worried....a FG would have won it had he gotten a stop and the ball back...

but in the end it was a moot point....so everyone quit worrying about it

The show is for you all to see how to run MB's scheme and watch good tournament ball....if it were a real tournament, gibs wouldn't have touched his back man....so chill...

to boot, gibs and i are pals...we chat on the regular, and we both know eachother's schemes...so it was FOR FUN....
Back to top Go down
snaponic

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 pm

lol gibs also said if hed of been up 1 at the end he woulda gone to ot with zan lol. you guys are stupid for making this an issue like zan said there cool hes been on the show before and played with gibs on multiple occasions. btw zan prolly nice to throw the raiders out there instead of the craphawks lol.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Watch out for me if Dirty Burner loses his last game, snap Wink

All you gotta do is get to the dance....I ran like 8 playbooks with Seattle this year.... Sad
Back to top Go down
gdbrooks55

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:42 pm

sgibs v bronco next week on TWIM! that would be great!! ive played Bronco and tha man is definately at the top of his game.......all in favor??
Back to top Go down
xhhxbronco

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

U know I'm down as long as he gets on ps3. Thanks gbrooks
Back to top Go down
pardity

pardity

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 pm

It was his way of waving the white flag, it was just a cue for gg. I laughed for about a minute and then was like did that just happen. All I know is I don't want to be the next person to play him.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 pm

sgibs7 wrote:

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

In the grand scheme of things we cant take ourselves or anything we do that seriously. I really cant believe that something as little as this turned into something much larger.

Lets not play the role of bottom feeder here and pounce at the first oppurtunity of something appealing.

If you hate what we are doing here so much then leave. I for one dont want this type of mind set or mentality around here. This a community of positive actions not negative nancys. I invite you to leave and that can be that.

Why are you watching if you have such a problem with myself, Zfarls, or anything that we do here at Madden Bible?

Goodluck at whatever it is you are trying to attain in life. Maybe you will see us at the top.

well said!
Back to top Go down
North_Nj_201

North_Nj_201

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:57 am

welp! this site has helped me quite a bit...run the balanced and the nyj playbook...4-4 gets torched IMO.....I respect u guys getting in the lab and putting in the work..any 1 want a game add me..lvl 23
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:02 am

I'm starting to think the same thing about the 4-4. I think I need to go back to home with nyj playbook. The 4-4 vs the run is fire. My pass def sucks now
Back to top Go down
pardity

pardity

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 am

4-4 is great pass d if u get pressure, learn to use other formations outside the ebook. Quarters 3 deep man and 3 deep press are great pass d's when u show blitz with them. Gibs loses a couple games with the 4-4 book and everyone wants to jump off the 4-4. Ight close this thread, nothing else relevent will come from it
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 am

Na pardity. I ain't even see the game. I'm just saying. I don't think I've labbed it enough. I hate labbing. I just play rank games. I'm gonna stick with it. I'm gonna give it another week. I want to use it bad. That's why I bought the ebook. I bought 2 ebooks back to back. I think it's was too much in a few days. And plus my user skills has always been a little shaky.good lookin though
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:32 am

listen....the 4-4 IS NOT for everyone....period! is it a good defense? i would say yes but that doesn't mean that i am gonna run it. and i don't! i used it 2-3 times with mild results. i switched to the 4-6 and had better results and then i went all the way back home to the BAL/NYJ playbook and got back in my 3-4 and now i have the best results! lol! it is all a matter of preference guys!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 am

I've always used the 4-4 but only as a run defense. Using it against the pass is just begging to get beat.
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:30 am

@frunkis... That's wat I'm starting to notice
Back to top Go down
North_Nj_201

North_Nj_201

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 7:52 am

Yea... Elite players pick it apart... Def not an every down defense.. Quick audible to screen... KILLER (by the way we're so off topic)
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:33 am

Boom, This topic was great to wake up to, better than the sunday paper.

4-4 is a good defense, but in my mind I can't picture it vs snugs. (Sgibs showed me all the setups one day, and I failed to pay attention. Everytime I watch it performed, he refuses to manually cover the flats.

Now he is playing total top ballers who would KILL my NYJ D the same way. BUT it would look different because I would atleast slide some guys out to the flats. (probably getting beat deep, i hate getting hit over and over again though.)

Yes, Im undefeated in the game of the week. No, I dont like when Sgibs uses the titans.
He says, the pressure from top guys makes you need rolling qb.

As far as scheduling the Game of the Week, its always random unless we set up. There is a contact form on mb.com to enter and we often make a topic. We need a player worth selling to the crowd to come and watch. Gibs Vs Bronco doesnt have the same ring to it as Gibs Vs Lilman.
"But he called him out for blocking a extra point in a blowout!!!"

Im sure the 8th graders that watch the show will be hyped for the drama.

Lastly, we are working on bringing in a ps3 for a random GOTW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:24 am

The 4-4 can be run against the pass.. you must not be fast enough to set it up.. You can blitz 4 people, while still having 7 people in coverage.. Monster/Crash 3 is great.. have 4 people blitzing, and then you have 4 different people that can be put into ANY coverage you want.. while STILL having Cover 3 over the top...

I usually do this.. have the nano in the a-gap set up.. then I put my OLB into buzz zones, have my DEs into hook zones... if they start to hit the flats, I'll go ahead and put a flat zone on the side where the RB is.. then the opposite side is in a buzz zone. It's very effective.. then I can go to man coverage.. while the defense is lined up in the same exact spots if you do man align..

And that's only ONE setup.. it's provided in the TENN Guide..

If you own the guide, I recommend INSIST you use the setup for Monster 3 - Setup #2 and #3.. Setup #2 is what I described, and setup #3 is a GREAT way to mix it up...

First you have A-gap pressure, then pressure in BOTH C-gaps.. the setup looks exactly the same too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?   SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SGIBS BLOCKING FGS IN WEEKLY GM?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next